Andreini 9'4" Magic Sam - Sold

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Andreini 9'4" Magic Sam - Sold

Postby Heb » Sun Apr 07, 2013 5:13 pm

Very reluctant sale. 9'4" Andreini Magic Sam, nose 17, width 22 3/4, tail 15 1/2, thickness 3" approx, 1/2 stringer, clear volan, cutlaps, rolled bottom into slight V, slightly scooped deck nose, slightly pinched rails, comes with 9 3/4 Andreini flex fin. It's got a few pressure dings but is basically in excellent condition. I only bought this on Tuesday of last week. It is a gorgeous board and I haven't even ridden it! but just playing around with it I think it's going to be too heavy for me to carry any distance. Gutted. No offers. Pickup only. Based in Winchester, Hampshire.
Absolute bargain.
Tel 07702 719398
Thanks
Attachments
Andreinif1.JPG
Andreinif1.JPG (105.53 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Andreinib1.JPG
Andreinib1.JPG (77.09 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Andreinid1.JPG
Andreinid1.JPG (79.7 KiB) Viewed 726 times
Last edited by Heb on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Heb

Re: Andreini 9'4" Magic Sam for sale, again!

Postby samiad66 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:19 pm

Where you based?
samiad66

Postby thechimp » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:53 am

..tennis elbow....too cheap??....is it still april 1st...
thechimp

Postby Heb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi Samiad66,
Based in Winchester, Hampshire but get to Devon frequently.
Thanks
Heb

Postby Philshoz » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:51 pm

Am I reading that correctly?

You want to make £50 on this and are openly admitting that, just to recoup your petrol?

Bit rude IMHO............. :shock:
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby g_baby » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:03 pm

I can see a point in not being able to carry that beauty with a tennis elbow. So you've got two of those tennis' then, right?
But do you really want to sell it THAT cheap - 50,- more than you've paid?

Get one of those, so you don't need to offend people with such a ridiculously low price!
http://www.surfboardracksblog.com/wp-co ... fstrap.jpg
---
Surf's Out There Somewhere.
g_baby

Postby Leven » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:28 pm

Glad it's not just me that thought it was a bit of a piss take. Same price, fair enough, but £50 more to cover petrol? I assume you'll then refund that £50 to whoever comes to pick it up to cover their petrol?!
Leven

Postby Heb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:28 pm

Wasn't meant to be a piss take at all. For what it is it is still a very good price but if the general consensus is that it is a piss take I'll drop it to £450, and having surfed for over 30 years I'm entitled to have sore arms!
Heb

Re: Andreini 9'4" Magic Sam reduced by popular demand to £45

Postby Leven » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:41 pm

Fair play to you there Captain. Also, for the tennis elbow, have a look at a book called "Pain Free" by Pete Egoscue, really interesting read, and some good ideas that actually make a lot of sense. You should be able to get a copy for about a tenner! Help me loads when I dislocated my knee.
Leven

Postby gavtheoldskater » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:24 pm

damn, why do these things keep selling them come straightback to tempt me all over again.
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Postby g_baby » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:33 pm

Heb wrote:Wasn't meant to be a piss take at all. For what it is it is still a very good price but if the general consensus is that it is a piss take I'll drop it to £450, and having surfed for over 30 years I'm entitled to have sore arms!

Apologies from my side if I offended you with my suggestion, Sir. It might well be an option though - maybe not in those colours, I admit. Never heard of having an tennis arm due to loads of surfing - always thought water sports are healthy and joint-friendly. But again, that might just be due to my tender age. So please accept my apologies.
---
g_baby

Postby mister-griffster » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:09 am

pm'd ya fella
mister-griffster

Postby Heb » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:00 pm

g_baby wrote:
Heb wrote:Wasn't meant to be a piss take at all. For what it is it is still a very good price but if the general consensus is that it is a piss take I'll drop it to £450, and having surfed for over 30 years I'm entitled to have sore arms!

Apologies from my side if I offended you with my suggestion, Sir. It might well be an option though - maybe not in those colours, I admit. Never heard of having an tennis arm due to loads of surfing - always thought water sports are healthy and joint-friendly. But again, that might just be due to my tender age. So please accept my apologies.

I was shocked at the amount of vindictive posts relating to this sale, clearly by people who had no idea what they were talking about. Surely this is not what it is all about. I appreciate and accept your apology but you and your 'friends' and MS must appreciate this is not the way to carry on.
NB The reason I have tennis elbow is not from surfing it self but from having carried boards of all shapes and sizes sometimes long distances for a very long time.
Heb

Postby thechimp » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:32 pm

....a surfer ain't a surfer....... ain't a surfer........anymore
thechimp

Postby g_baby » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Heb wrote:
g_baby wrote:

I was shocked at the amount of vindictive posts relating to this sale, clearly by people who had no idea what they were talking about. Surely this is not what it is all about. I appreciate and accept your apology but you and your 'friends' and MS must appreciate this is not the way to carry on.
NB The reason I have tennis elbow is not from surfing it self but from having carried boards of all shapes and sizes sometimes long distances for a very long time.

Fair enough. 'nuff said and happy days.
---
g_baby

Postby Philshoz » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:04 am

Where do you get 'vindictive' from?

This is a FORUM where we are entitled to our opnions.

I make no appologies for what I said. It was an obsevation and a comment.

Your mistake was to constuct your advert with reasons for upping the price. Why didn't you simply put the board on at £500 and keep it simple. Everyone was saying it was worth that. I didn't even see the original ad. Then if anyone questioned your motives you had an opportunity to explain.

I sympathise with the tennis elbow btw, I get bouts of that also.

Maybe I will start a new thread entitled 'Impulse buying,shit why did I buy that?'

You are old enough and man enough to take a few comments.............
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby findrive67 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Sometimes people have to sell under pressure.....sometimes people get lucky on the price...thats the way it rolls.....that lucky price doesnt have to continue should there be a re-sale....just hopefully a fair price that recognises the original quality of a board and its present condition...then what does continue is a healthy market place that recognises quality workmanship and therefore continued respect to quality shapers ! I think the right intentions were there in this thread they just strayed from the path a touch ....which means i can appreciate the angles of all concerened......anyway....everybody happy :) especially whoever ends up keeping and surfing this fine piece of workmanship !
findrive67

Return to For Sale