The Great British indirect Board-Give Away

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Re: The Great British indirect Board-Give Away

Postby danny1 » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:43 am

yeh mate- pop in to whitby and its yours...you still up here yeh?
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby defever » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:06 pm

Little bit of revival of give-away karmaness.

I'm interested in JP89's Ian Byrne shortboard if he still has it for give-away.

In return I have a board to add to the mix:

6'5" x 21" x 2" 3/4 chunky fish with swallow tail and FCS thruster from Filf surfboard.

This is bit of a history of Southcoast Shingleshire surfing scene. Well used, lots of battle scars but guaranteed water tight.
defever

Postby militia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:38 am

If I can pirate on the end of this. If anyone has an old near dead log they are considering getting rid of. I've moved to Sussex for work, friend up here has a kid with learning disabilities (autism) he wants to go and learn to surf. Be sweet if I could score a board for the fella. Not got one to trade though, as mine's new-ish.
I eat vagina like a fat kid eats cake
http://jonnygibbings.wordpress.com/
http://www.cuttingedgepress.co.uk/books/malice-in-blunderland/
militia

Postby slipslide » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:22 pm

what kind of length are you looking for, might have something 8ft but loads of foam.
slipslide

Postby defever » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:43 pm

militia wrote:If I can pirate on the end of this. If anyone has an old near dead log they are considering getting rid of. I've moved to Sussex for work, friend up here has a kid with learning disabilities (autism) he wants to go and learn to surf. Be sweet if I could score a board for the fella. Not got one to trade though, as mine's new-ish.

I'm based in Sussex most of the time now so I'll ask around if anyone has something to give away / lend for long-term. Equally, I go back to the Southwest quite regularly so I can pick something on the way back if you find something westwards.
defever

Postby militia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Anything, Tony is a big guy, as he isn't so mobile, hence surfing we think will help him a lot. Hates people - loves the beach. Awesome if something does rock up, anything big would do!
militia

Postby militia » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:15 pm

slipslide wrote:what kind of length are you looking for, might have something 8ft but loads of foam.

That'd be perfect. I image he'd be lying on it most of the time, so if you have - brilliant!
militia

Postby slipslide » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Pretty sure I have a one I'm in Essex so we will need to work out getting it to you. It's a 8ft diamond tail Simmons esq quad home made by a mate glass on wood fins. Surfs alright really. Ill dig it out pm me your email address and ill send you some pics.
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:27 am

If anyone is doing an Essex to sussex run and can ferry a board then please let me know.
Cheers
slipslide

Postby defever » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:48 am

Argh, sorry I thought you were in the west splislide. Of course I would offer my help, but I hardly go towards east...

Hope you get the board soon militia.
defever

Postby militia » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:43 pm

slipslide wrote:If anyone is doing an Essex to sussex run and can ferry a board then please let me know.
Cheers

I'm sure I could collect it if needed!
militia

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:00 pm

^^^ to all the board grabbers that have posted in here , or for swapping ^^^^ that's what's this threads all about. I'm sure the Rt Hon. Finlay would approve - good stuff Slipslide & Militia , hope your mates son gets a cheesy grin in the sea :-)
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby slipslide » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:54 pm

Pictures sent, board is ready when you are
slipslide

Postby flippflopps » Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:12 pm

i have a couple of boards that could do with revolving out of my quiver. when a log comes up, i'll revolve immediately. Sorry for not being indirect. Aloha 6'8 and 37 litres "shortboard" quad/thruster setup.
http://www.e-tailwebstores.com
flippflopps

Postby defever » Sat May 11, 2013 8:58 pm

militia wrote:
slipslide wrote:If anyone is doing an Essex to sussex run and can ferry a board then please let me know.
Cheers

I'm sure I could collect it if needed!

Is this sorted?? I'm going to Gravesend next Saturday 18th May PM so I may be able to help if this hasn't been picked up.

I wouldn't mind going through the tunnel to Essex if that's any more help?
defever

Postby surfrat » Mon May 13, 2013 7:21 am

going from devon to mid wales and back on 21st to 23rd may if anyone needs boards shuttling around....
or a lift
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby mrkmrk2842 » Mon May 13, 2013 9:26 am

hey surfrat.... just sent you a pm...
mrkmrk2842

Postby droog79 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:54 pm

will be looking for an allrounder when back in UK in september, arrival of baby has meant less surf time and van space so need something i can chuck in quick and ride any old junk with - magic carpet style i guess 7 footish. will bring back a board to swap or if preferred/acceptable to the community, donate the equivalent air transport skank to timmys trust - would rather it went there than Ryanair! what do you reckon & what you got? :-D :-D :-D
LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE- I do! http://www.facebook.com/droog79
SPORADIC BLOG: http://www.droog79.blogspot.com/
droog79

Postby Quetonto » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:00 am

hey guys,

So going to be heading out to india soon and am thinking of donating my current board to a very small clubs they have over there.

however i'd still like a board for myself, so if anyone has something fun and loose to play with that would be much appreciated.
Quetonto

Postby Rattz » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:59 am

defever wrote:Little bit of revival of give-away karmaness.

6'5" x 21" x 2" 3/4 chunky fish with swallow tail and FCS thruster from Filf surfboard.

This is bit of a history of Southcoast Shingleshire surfing scene. Well used, lots of battle scars but guaranteed water tight.

Still available?
Rattz

Postby defever » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:56 am

Rattz wrote:
defever wrote:Little bit of revival of give-away karmaness.

Still available?

Oops sorry Rattz, just seen this. Yup I still have it so please feel free to leave a pm and I can send you some pics.
defever

Postby prjwebb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:03 am

If anyone wants a full on HPSB, 6'2 x 18"1/4 x 2"1/4 I've got an old one that's hanging around in the garage. It's got loads of random spray paint on it where I've tested stuff before spraying new boards and there's a couple of dings but it would suit a fly weight as a beater board!
prjwebb

Postby phil83 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:31 pm

Hi I have a JP 6'10 ' 20 1/2 board in blue with fcs fins and leash looking to swap for any sort of longboard or large fish in south wales area.
phil83

Postby lecky94 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:42 am

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... CF2429.jpg
Still got this home made woody in my shed if anyone wants it,needs glassing and a fin on , might go like a pig but hey its free..maybe practice some first time glassing on it.
lecky94

Postby dixie » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:46 am

dunno if anyone has one but im off to sri lanka on saturday...ive room in my bag for a shortboard.....be nice if i can find a beater to take and leave with the local kids on the beach who aint got nor will ever afford a board

i dont mind fixing any dings while im out there but itd need to get to me on the isle of wight before i go....or picjk up at the ferry terminal in portsmouth

long shot but it would be rad to leave em one
dixie

Postby lecky94 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:59 pm

quetonto has taken my woody board to finish off,on the lookout for a small foamie for my 7 yr old son for this summer. either east coast or ill be in the newquay area early april for a week if anyone has anything.cheers
lecky94

Postby Quetonto » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:01 pm

lecky94 wrote:quetonto has taken my woody board to finish off

Its looking quite nice albeit roughly glassed, I do have to confess some sins about just doing a deck patch as i didn't have much cloth and got very impatient looking at it all the time :oops: ...

I may have my own-shaped 9'6 log for a swap (little out of the 'rules' but i wouldn't want to let it go unless i got something i would like) Basically went out the other day for the first time on it and I couldn't really use it...too big and i was flopping like a salmon...probably should give it some more time, but just feelers...

would really like something similar to a bilbo 6'6 single/2+1 that i had...and snapped :cry:
Quetonto

Postby flippflopps » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:53 am

hello - not quite sure if this is the right place to offer up these boards...

i have 2 old shortboards that I would like to see find better homes. They are old and 2 need good repairs before putting them in the water - a good ding fixer, or someone who can do it themselves would have no issues, but unfortunately this is not me so they've been languishing in the shed for a long time.

I should hav done something with these boards year ago but as I don't live by the coast they've just found themselves a dark corner and holed up for the last 8 or 9 years. they could go to landfill but are perfectly serviceable but probably not worthwhile for me to spend the £££ to fix up.

One is my first proper shortboard - a Super Sessions from New Zealand in 6'4, 19, and 2 and a 1/4. Importantly it has a yellow bottom so it looks cool and, you know, goes fast. Needs a nose job and the tail rail needs fixing as you can see the foam. I can't remember what these type of fins are called Exels? But basically you put a screw through the deck side box straight into the fin. One is odd looking as I lost the whole fin and box after a session at Uluwatu before I even truly knew what a reef was :shock: nearly lost a toe that day too. It's had multiple repairs but still works... Not been ridden for 8 years or more. If I could take this out to indo/tropics and drop with a local I would... maybe someone else can?? do UK groms want beat up old boards these days???

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater

the next is a Gulfstream shortboard thruster - very much built for hollow croyde - very similar dimensions but far far better condition. The one major ding is a missing chunk from the tail, where an stretched railsaver took a bite, and could do with a nose job. these are serious dings but again, with the right skills, this is a great board if someone knows how to to do the repair. 6/4,19 and 1/4, 2 and 1/2. Apart from these, admittedly serious, dings - the rails and base are in really great shape.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =1&theater (5 pics)

there is also a beat up 8 foot mal, but I'm too ashamed of the bodged repair to post. Let's see if anyone knows anyone who can make use of these 2 first... Will add link to facebook for pictures...

I'm not looking to get a board in return ( no space ) but be good if someone knows a good home for these or can take on the repairs.
http://www.e-tailwebstores.com
flippflopps

Postby dandandan » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Hi there,
I've been looking for boards that are in desperate need of help as I have been not fixing them but sculpting them into new and (I hope) beautiful things.
I would gladly take the mal and the super sessions if you are happy for your boards to be changed into sculpted surfboards :)

Im in North Devon near to Woolacombe, dont know if you are this way at all, if not i am up in Cardiff in a month or so, so could potentially meet up then?

Understand totally if you dont want you old boards changed into something else
Dan
dandandan

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:29 pm

^^ Lets see some shots of your creations then Dan
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale