The Great British indirect Board-Give Away

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Re: The Great British indirect Board-Swap

Postby wannabesurfer2003 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:56 pm

No, seems ok here horse :-)
wannabesurfer2003

Postby danny1 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:00 pm

got 6'3 standard thruster (byrning spears west oz) water tight and fine. glassed fins edit: SWAPPED

a 6'2 standard thruster (water tight except with one fin knocked out) tunnel vision. fcs fins

and a 6'2 standard thruster with a bit of float (fluid concept) water tight and repaired but missing about 6 inches of nose. fcs fins edit: SWAPPED

up for swapsies
Last edited by danny1 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby horseman » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:14 pm

still looking for a chunky board for a skint freind with a wettie but no board. board would need to be in the north of england or south of scotland for pickup. ive got a well repaired 6'7" tunnel vision semi gun to give away no creasing canny board plenty life left in it, with set of future fins.
horseman

Postby roberdy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:23 pm

stickied cause it is a bloody good idea :) might throw in my 9'6 log if there are any similar offers around scotland or maybe a fish, nice and short, really wide and twin keels please :)
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby wannabesurfer2003 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:22 pm

Friend at work has a lovely condition Gulf Stream minimal, 7'4" x 21 x 2.75", lovely board. He wants to down size to a fish type of board between 6'3"-6'8" if possible, willing to throw it in the pot if theres anything out there to swap with :-D

He only has the one board so would like to keep hold of it until he finds a suitable step up board, his board is in Plymouth.
wannabesurfer2003

Postby JP89 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Hopefully picking up Robboadd's fish this weekend (attempted it last weekend but the van broke down on the A30...perfect timing!)

So up for grabs I have an Ian Byrne shortboard think it's 6'0 x 18 3/4 x 2 1/4 way too small for me! All water tight, doesn't come with fins I'm afraid unless i can dig a set out of my garage!

Collection from Looe, Cornwall or Plymouth. I'mm off to Brazil next Thursday so it'll have to be before then or i'll leave it with a friend you can grab it off.

Cheers!
JP89

Postby surfrat » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:49 am

6'5 thruster pintail for heavier stuff, bi battered to swap (you mind breaking it!)
also 5'8 x 19.5 Guts retro fish, thruster, twins plus trailer. so not a classic fish but damn fun and fast.

after a "normal" shortboard, something quite thin with lots of bite in rails for good surf. tried a 6'2 x 19 x 2.5 but far too thick for my tastes. squash tail please
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby Back to Top » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:04 pm

roberdy wrote:stickied cause it is a bloody good idea :) might throw in my 9'6 log if there are any similar offers around scotland or maybe a fish, nice and short, really wide and twin keels please :)

Have a word with ATTK he had my old Gulf Stream twin fin fish and noticed he was interested in the log on the 1st page??

Shame you aint nearer the south west, looking for a log myself.

Postby danny1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:55 pm

danny1 wrote:got 6'3 standard thruster (byrning spears west oz) water tight and fine. glassed fins

a 6'2 standard thruster (water tight except with one fin knocked out) tunnel vision. fcs fins

and a 6'2 standard thruster with a bit of float (fluid concept) water tight and repaired but missing about 6 inches of nose. fcs fins

up for swapsies

still up for swaps...anyone got a swell board or longboard i can teach my nephew on this summer?
danny1

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:47 pm

Back to Top wrote:
roberdy wrote:stickied cause it is a bloody good idea :) might throw in my 9'6 log if there are any similar offers around scotland or maybe a fish, nice and short, really wide and twin keels please :)

Have a word with ATTK he had my old Gulf Stream twin fin fish and noticed he was interested in the log on the 1st page??

Shame you aint nearer the south west, looking for a log myself.

Mate , me & that wee fish parted company last year - couldn't think fast enough for it - Harkii's got it now ..... think he wants to keep it though - could always PM him .......
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby park1 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:32 am

Big old log going for anyone that's interested.
Its 9'6", wide, thick, with little rocker so good for nose riding, and a single fin square tail.
Its a Wavekraft, which will give away its age, its at least 25yrs old! It has a bit of 80s fluro pink, but is mostly white and wouldn't cause too much embarassment in the line up!
Its still solid and watertight, but it has yellowed a bit. Its good old clark foam.
Comes with a padded board bag with a broken zip and decent 9' knee leash.
Pick up from plymouth, give me a call if interested 07714 764615
Dan
park1

Postby gavtheoldskater » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:23 pm

could well be up for that old wavekraft for my boy, just sent you a txt. i've got a good quality foamie, hardly used, that hes grown out of.
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Postby park1 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:55 pm

Sent you a text gav.
park1

Postby gavtheoldskater » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:39 pm

ok, i'm up for grabbing park1 wavelength log for my boy and can chuck a nice hardly used 6ft foamie into the mix (slick bottom with soft top) which could be a great board for a kid starting out this summer.

however i feel bad because park1 is after a fishy type thing and it does'nt feel right to take his board, even though he's said i can come get it, without him scoring.

can anyone help him out?
gavtheoldskater

Postby Back to Top » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 pm

gavtheoldskater wrote:ok, i'm up for grabbing park1 wavelength log for my boy and can chuck a nice hardly used 6ft foamie into the mix (slick bottom with soft top) which could be a great board for a kid starting out this summer.

however i feel bad because park1 is after a fishy type thing and it does'nt feel right to take his board, even though he's said i can come get it, without him scoring.

can anyone help him out?

Bum, didnt know you could just pinch one without a swapsie!!! :lol:

Postby park1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:17 pm

gavtheoldskater wrote:ok, i'm up for grabbing park1 wavelength log for my boy and can chuck a nice hardly used 6ft foamie into the mix (slick bottom with soft top) which could be a great board for a kid starting out this summer.

can anyone help him out?

Thats the beauty of it being an indirect swap; give a board away then grab one you actually want at a later date - finlay, correct me if im wrong.

Gav, dont feel bad, i really need the space and the log is getting no use, i would much prefer someone got some use from it, than have it gathering dust in the garage. let of know when you want to come and get it.
park1

Postby danny1 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:28 pm

no thats right indirect board swap

ill have that foamie gav

im down in west wessex on 21st march or in exeter on 21st may...sont suppose you know any firendly addresses i can pick up from that way on?

[thats one of the probs with this- transport]
danny1

Postby REO » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:39 pm

I am happy if anyone wants to leave a board at my place waiting for its new owner..(Iam in Torbay) save someone the drive to Cornwall etc etc :)
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

Postby Back to Top » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:34 pm

REO wrote:I am happy if anyone wants to leave a board at my place waiting for its new owner..(Iam in Torbay) save someone the drive to Cornwall etc etc :)

Same goes for me, i am in Tiverton, EX16. Often up North Devon way so can collect/transport either way.

Postby mal-nourished » Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:43 pm

im going up nth devon braunton area monday if you can gee someone up danny in that area to drop board to for back to top to pick up from let me know as gav is close enough for us to sort it out quick this end ...tiverton pick-up makes sense for you as is just off the motorway .. 8) ps. might be worth dropping guy at boardbarn a pm or belling him and see if he can store it for pickup..
mal-nourished

Postby Back to Top » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:02 am

mal-nourished wrote:im going up nth devon braunton area monday if you can gee someone up danny in that area to drop board to for back to top to pick up from let me know as gav is close enough for us to sort it out quick this end ...tiverton pick-up makes sense for you as is just off the motorway .. 8) ps. might be worth dropping guy at boardbarn a pm or belling him and see if he can store it for pickup..

Just let me know if you want to store sommat, we need a phone directory on here!! (07774 441454)

Postby danny1 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:22 pm

how far away is exeter?
danny1

Postby Back to Top » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:48 pm

danny1 wrote:how far away is exeter?

From me, not far!! 18 miles.

From you, bloody long way!!!!!!!! :lol:

Postby Back to Top » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Just got a LinkedIn request from Josh Browell, anyone on here trying to get in touch??

Postby Grrr42 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:19 am

wannabesurfer2003 wrote:Friend at work has a lovely condition Gulf Stream minimal, 7'4" x 21 x 2.75", lovely board. He wants to down size to a fish type of board between 6'3"-6'8" if possible, willing to throw it in the pot if theres anything out there to swap with :-D

He only has the one board so would like to keep hold of it until he finds a suitable step up board, his board is in Plymouth.

Hiya, I have a 6'4" Egg I am looking to swap for something 7ft ish... Is your mate's Gulf Stream Board still available? Can you send pics.. In same situation, can't let mine go until I've got something else as it's my only board. It's only 6 months old... In damn near perfect condition :)
Grrr42

Postby Back to Top » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:35 am

Grrr42 wrote:
wannabesurfer2003 wrote:Friend at work has a lovely condition Gulf Stream minimal, 7'4" x 21 x 2.75", lovely board. He wants to down size to a fish type of board between 6'3"-6'8" if possible, willing to throw it in the pot if theres anything out there to swap with :-D

Hiya, I have a 6'4" Egg I am looking to swap for something 7ft ish... Is your mate's Gulf Stream Board still available? Can you send pics.. In same situation, can't let mine go until I've got something else as it's my only board. It's only 6 months old... In damn near perfect condition :)

I have a 7'8" minimal i'd be interested in swapping for your egg, not excellent condition couple of small marks etc but can send some pics if you like.

Postby Grrr42 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:14 pm

I have a 7'8" minimal i'd be interested in swapping for your egg, not excellent condition couple of small marks etc but can send some pics if you like.[/quote]

Hiya, thanks for your interest. Am not really looking to go for anything quite that big. 7'4" is the biggest really, ideally am after something 6'10" - 7ft.
Grrr42

Postby wannabesurfer2003 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:08 pm

Hey Grrr42,

apologies but the gulfstream is gone, Ryan swapped it with one of the braunton boys for a 6'3" fish, both very happy campers!! I should have put it on the thread but been a little busy during Feb! Sure something will come up on this wicked thread a some point or there's always Dixie's 7 ft quad for auction?? See the Timmy mason auction thread......

J
wannabesurfer2003

Postby gavtheoldskater » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:33 pm

ok, hopefully meeting up with park1 on sat to grab the log so danny1 the 6ft foamie is yours. all good fun!
gavtheoldskater

Postby Matt Rose » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:32 pm

Whats on the table at the moment?
Matt Rose

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale