The Great Expanding AUCTION: Loads of Surf Gear + Extras!!!

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Re: The Great Expanding AUCTION: Loads of Surf Gear + Extras

Postby Matt Rose » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:48 pm

A raffel would be good, seperate all the prizes so that no prize has a value of say less than £10? Establish the odds... 1 in 10 seems generous so maybe 1 in 10 - 1 in 20, that would need to be decided. Set a time limit on raffle donations. When thats up and the odds have been calculated x the prizes by the odds i.e 1 in 10, 100 prizes= 1000 tickets @ £5? Get some companys to donate, travel operators, some of the bigger surf or clothing companys???
Matt Rose

Postby flacky » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:02 pm

While the interest from big corps and the prizes it could bring would be a bonus, i think the charm of this is the community aspect. I've no problems standing my offer if it sits alongside a Billabong wettie or a Nineplus board or what have you, but personally think it'd lose something...

I'm not sure that the big guys would donate anyway, they must get hundreds of requests like this a week.

I like the idea of a raffle of individual items... I think the idea of a procession of post vans all morning to the lucky bastards front door is funny as fuck though, but that's just me... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby Matt Rose » Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:03 pm

Ok loose the company stuff and go with weeders. FFS crap with uploads!

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/droog1w.jpg/

Marker on ply by Droog, double bed so about 5 1/2 ft, will measure.
Matt Rose

Postby Chai Wallah » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 pm

Still reckon some misc corporate items would be good and get some more publicity
Chai Wallah

Postby mister-griffster » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Cracking stuff chaps - keep it rolling... all suggestions will be considered and put to the committee :lol:

We'll just keep this ticking along and see what's what - those who care will defo contribute and the 'weeders community has already pulled together on this - so long may that continue! - besides, there's plenty of talented chaps / chapeesess on this forum and plenty of racontuers so hopefully there will be a lovely little of stream of goodies. If any businesses as well as individuals wish to donate then that's great guns - besides - any shop owners / reps etc will have some great publicity off the back of this - but it is DEFINITELY a community thing.

However, we can't afford to be exclusionist on this one - it's not about right / wrongs / too cool for skool issues - it's about helping kids achieve at least one dream and give them some well needed positivity and sense of wellbeing - something most of use take for granted everytime we immerse ourselves in the ocean or glide down the face of a wave. So if Patagonia / Xcel blah blah blah want to chuck in some goodies, then so be it - it just expands the message / generates income / publicity for the greater good.

Rest assured tho, that no corporate will be hijacking for their own gain - this is for the greater good and helping the young ones

That's a lovely bit of artwork there Matt - no need to upload - just use the IMG button to insert an image tage like thus :

then insert your url in between the ][ bit and hety presto

BTW - at 5 1/2 foot - would a standard A4 envelope cover that?? Grand stuff - thanks guys!! keep it comin...
mister-griffster

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:51 pm

who is taking responsibility for orchestrating and collating everything as would be good to have a point of contact can probably conjur up a few prizes but need someone to for them or myself to liase with ..thx 8)
mal-nourished

Postby droog79 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Here´s a better pic of that artwork from my personal stash:: by the way it´s octopus ink painted on compressed tree.

LIKE MY FACEBOOK PAGE- I do! http://www.facebook.com/droog79
SPORADIC BLOG: http://www.droog79.blogspot.com/
droog79

Postby Matt Rose » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:25 am

Thanks Ed and Griff :wink:
Matt Rose

Postby mister-griffster » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:45 am

who is taking responsibility for orchestrating and collating everything as would be good to have a point of contact

I guess the responsibility lies with me Mal - I'll be sorting the listings / raffle / tech stuff - but by all means liase with myself or Tim :wink:
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:40 pm

OK Guys - looks like raffle is the GO!

So far we have this little lot:

Surf Kit
Scarfini glass/honeycomb thruster fins
8" dolphin fin from fluid foils
Lance Carson Sticker (Logo)
Cooperfish kit (provided by Gene Cooper - to be confirmed)

DVD's
Be Cool Man
Seaworthy
State of play
Young Guns 3
Dane Reynolds- First Chapter
Melali- the Drifter Sessions
Searching for Michael Peterson
The Endless Summer
Thicker than water
Land of Saints
Billabong Odysey
Laird
100% Surfing Techniques

Clothing
Rip Curl Classic Logo Tee
Christenson Surfboards T-Shirt
Lance Carson T-Shirt

Artwork
Tyler Warren Original (To be confirmed)
5 1/2 foot octopus ink original Droog79 painted on compressed tree

Mags
21 issues of Surfers Paths

Misc
500 business cards printed with a logo designed
Bespoke website with content management system and free hosting for a year, approx commercial value £1000
£50 worth of the finest teas available a mix of leaf teas and tea bags. The package will include Assam, Darjeeling, earl grey and many international award winners

there will be more.... ;)

Tim and Kate are working hard on getting the necessary links and media in place when this goes live - we have a 'scurry' of 'weeders rummaging for gear to contribute to the raffle - so I'm in the process of putting a website together so we can promote this little lot..

We're going to need as much help as possible in getting more stuff in - so knock those doors, rattle those chains and call in those favours... If you can get bits and pieces from anyone willing to pull together then it'll be great - it'll all go into the pot and they will get a mention as a donator. Time is a pretty scarce commodity so if as many of you can do this as possible then it will spread the load...

For those who've been prepared to put in a bid for the auction, could I ask that when the time comes you consider buying some tickets - everyone who has contributed in any way will still be able to enter the raffle - only fair that you lovely people get the chance to win some stuff too!

Once in the public domain we will need as many of you to shout, tweet, yell about this as possible and get those ticket sales rolling... thanks all - as many hands as possible will make light work of it all!
mister-griffster

Postby cproctor » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:31 pm

There's a distinct lack of books here . I'll chuck in a copy of bustin down the door - and I'll have a rummage for some other titles .... Although I know my copy of Kelly slaters biog was chucked in the recycling bin after about 10 pages :-D
cproctor

Postby buttholesurfer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:11 am

Err Grif,
You better state that something's being auctioned are used or new?
buttholesurfer

Postby tynemouthmatt » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:26 am

mister-griffster wrote:OK Guys - looks like raffle is the GO!

So far we have this little lot:

Surf Kit

DVD's
Be Cool Man
Seaworthy
State of play
Young Guns 3
The Endless Summer
Thicker than water
Land of Saints
Billabong Odysey
Laird
100% Surfing Techniques

Clothing
Lance Carson T-Shirt

Artwork

Mags

Misc
Bespoke website with content management system and free hosting for a year, approx commercial value £1000
£50 worth of the finest teas available a mix of leaf teas and tea bags. The package will include Assam, Darjeeling, earl grey and many international award winners

there will be more.... ;)

Tim and Kate are working hard on getting the necessary links and media in place when this goes live - we have a 'scurry' of 'weeders rummaging for gear to contribute to the raffle - so I'm in the process of putting a website together so we can promote this little lot..

We're going to need as much help as possible in getting more stuff in - so knock those doors, rattle those chains and call in those favours... If you can get bits and pieces from anyone willing to pull together then it'll be great - it'll all go into the pot and they will get a mention as a donator. Time is a pretty scarce commodity so if as many of you can do this as possible then it will spread the load...

For those who've been prepared to put in a bid for the auction, could I ask that when the time comes you consider buying some tickets - everyone who has contributed in any way will still be able to enter the raffle - only fair that you lovely people get the chance to win some stuff too!

Once in the public domain we will need as many of you to shout, tweet, yell about this as possible and get those ticket sales rolling... thanks all - as many hands as possible will make light work of it all!

+ a custom shaped handplane :-)
tynemouthmatt

Postby mister-griffster » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:05 pm

^^ i KNEW there was something missing - thanks Tynemouth matt - AND a custom Handplane :wink:

Good point Butthole - will do

Thanks for the book Christian - quite right, not enough books on that list- will see what we can come up with ;)
mister-griffster

Postby Chris F » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:08 pm

droog79 wrote:it´s octopus ink painted on compressed tree

Worth six squid at least :lol:
Chris F

Postby mister-griffster » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:42 pm

^^ Boom boom - I'm a 'sucker' for an octopus joke :wink:

A couple of more pledges - Droog79 has also offered some original prints /artwork and Joe has offered a Signed Tony Alva poster by the man himself - thanks so much guys - gotta say at this juncture that the 'weeders generosity is a beautiful thing - without all your support we wouldn't be gathering moss at such a rate! :wink:

So the list is

Surf Kit
Custom made Handplane

DVD's
Be Cool Man
Seaworthy
State of play
Young Guns 3
The Endless Summer
Thicker than water
Land of Saints
Billabong Odysey
Laird
100% Surfing Techniques

Clothing
Lance Carson T-Shirt

Artwork
Assorted prints by Droog79 (to be confirmed)
Signed Tony Alva poster

Mags / Books
Bustin Down the Door

Misc

When the website goes live I'll post exact details of all the merchandise and credit everyone who has contributed so I'll be in touch for any details that you wish to be published (names / website etc) and am happy to put reciprocal links for all those who donate something for the raffle. So keep em coming folks...
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks to Droog79 who has donated 2 limited edition numbered prints handprinted linocut and limited to runs of 10 and 20 respectively

Thanks Ed! I'm getting bowled over by the generosity of this community - outstanding work guys!

I'll be getting all your stuff on it's own website asap - so for all of the guys contributing so far, could you think about getting some photo's together of the gear you intend to donate as we'll need to put them on the website - If it's something custom like Tynemouthmatts handplane if you could manage a photo of a close approximation then that would be awesome. If you'd prefer me to take care of the photos/creative stuff where necessary then by all means forward all your stuff and I'll do the rest. Simply PM me for details.

Keep it coming guys - the quicker we can build this raffle and sell tickets the quicker we can get some help for those kids who really really need it - all your donations will directly help to fulfil a child's dream and give their families some desperately needed positivity! - Your gestures WILL make a difference
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:26 pm

Thanks to Droog79 who has donated 2 limited edition numbered prints handprinted linocut and limited to runs of 10 and 20 respectively

Thanks Ed! I'm getting bowled over by the generosity of this community - outstanding work guys!

I'll be getting all your stuff on it's own website asap - so for all of the guys contributing so far, could you think about getting some photo's together of the gear you intend to donate as we'll need to put them on the website - If it's something custom like Tynemouthmatts handplane if you could manage a photo of a close approximation then that would be awesome. If you'd prefer me to take care of the photos/creative stuff where necessary then by all means forward all your stuff and I'll do the rest. Simply PM me for details.

Keep it coming guys - the quicker we can build this raffle and sell tickets the quicker we can get some help for those kids who really really need it - all your donations will directly help to fulfil a child's dream and give their families some desperately needed positivity! - Your gestures WILL make a difference
mister-griffster

Postby Spud » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:05 am

Lets bump this bad boy back to the top :-)
Spud

Postby Chewbecca » Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:26 pm

Bump!

Sounds like you guys have decided no to big companies, but we're only small so on behalf of Finisterre (where I work) I'll throw in one of our toasty Coriolis fleeces, perfect for surf checks / walking the dog etc. (although maybe not for right now, you'd probably die of heat exhaustion).

Griff I know you've been in touch with us recently :) shall I just send it out to you?
My photos on Flickr.
Chewbecca

Postby mister-griffster » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:25 pm

Hey Chewy - That's absolutely bloody marvelous!! - really awesome gesture - Thanks to all at Finisterre and especially to yourself for sorting this one! I'll get some reciprocal links on the website as way of a small thanks.

If you could pop them in the post that would be great - happy if you just want to hold them and send them to the winner when that happens. Whatever works for you guys. PM me if you need my address details or further info.

Apologies for the general radio silence - lots of work on - currently getting the website sorted so will release the URL / Info as soon as in place. Thanks to Buttholesurfer who has forwarded some pics of fins / DVD's

Just a quick plea, but although things have gone a little quiet there is plenty of work being done by everyone involved in the background - we're still open to donations / sponsorship so anything that you can offer, big or small is so appreciated. Make some noise, bang some drums, keep it at the front of peoples minds as we'd like to hit the ground running when the website is in place.

Thanks to ALL who have contributed so far - absolutely magnificent!!
mister-griffster

Postby mal-nourished » Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:36 pm

mr .grifster got you some goodies pledged wetsuit [ or suits ] and surf lessons from sorted surf school and wetsuit centre will pm you details and person to contact there will do some more arm twisting this week see what i can conjur up.. :wink:
mal-nourished

Postby mal-nourished » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:38 pm

bumpity bump...
mal-nourished

Postby mister-griffster » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:02 pm

Top Man - Mal - I'll drop a line on Tue (seeing as Mon seems to be the international rest day for those who work in the surf industry) - that's some bloody stirling work!
mister-griffster

Postby buttholesurfer » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:57 pm

Nice work Griff, big thanks for doing this in your own time etc...your karma level must be due some comeback!
buttholesurfer

Postby mister-griffster » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:10 pm

LOLZ - I can but wish! I think I'm in Karma deficit from my last life :wink:
mister-griffster

Postby dixie » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 am

well done squire
i know its gonna sound odd, when i auctioned my board off for the trust, well soon after things started to come back my way....
out of the blue,,,,
my old insurance co. said theyd over charged me 2 yrs ago for my van n sent a check for £158
then
the post office randomly sent me £50 for a parcel that was lost n forgotten ages ago
then i got overpaid £100 at work and they said as it was their mistake i could keep it.

just a note to say it does go around. or, im being looked down on from.......
dixie

Postby Spud » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 am

Keep up the good work Griff....

I'm going to throw a Lush Mako longboard skateboard into the mix. Hardly used too!!!

I'll put it in the van and give it to you when I see you next.
:-)
Spud

Postby buttholesurfer » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:01 am

I'm also going to chuck in a brand spanking new set of Raindow Fin Company 'Pavel' keel haulers (lokbox) in red, with fin bag. :-D
buttholesurfer

Postby mister-griffster » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:40 pm

Wow!!! Thanks for the contributions guys - these donations make such an important contribution to Timmys Trust and will allow some kids to get immediate help.

Gotta be said, just a little bit proud of everyone's contributions - outstanding!!

Thanks for the kind words guys, really appreciated. I'm just applying my skills to try and get something done. It's you guys that are the stars, your generosity is what has got this thing rolling. I'm currently cobbling the website together so should have something in place soon. Think it's better to have something in place and get the thing going as soon as possible.

When the site is in place I'll need as many decent pics of the donations as possible and we're going to need you all to spread the word as much as possible, after all we want to sell as many tickets as possible because the more cash that can be generated means that more kids will get a dream realised.

Thankyou again, and let's keep it rolling...
mister-griffster

PreviousNext

Return to For Sale