The Great Expanding AUCTION: Loads of Surf Gear + Extras!!!

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Re: The Great Expanding AUCTION: Loads of Surf Gear + Extras

Postby mister-griffster » Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:57 pm

Calling all donating a prize to the Timmy Trust Raffle - I'm hoping to move into the design phase of the website V soon - sooo, in order to encourage bids could you send pics to me via email (PM me for details) - Also I will be putting credits and likins on the site for all those who will be contributing, so if possible, let me know your details / web address maybe a couple fo sentences about you / your business / interests and we'll put that on a page of contributors - seems only fair for the sterling work and great donations that everyone has so far contributed!

PM me with what you got... cheers me dears
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:35 pm

Thanks to Spud who has donated a Lush Longboard skateboard (Sorry spud I forgot which model! doh) In fantastic condition. Bloody awesome of you mate :wink:

I'll get some pics up ASAP but busy getting my head down trying to sort this site.... soon, it will be soon...

In the meantime we're going to need lots of drum-bangers, noise-makers, persuaders and strong-arms to push this raffle (and future raffles and auctions) - keep the donations coming guys - we're aiming to try and raise £1000 - so anything (ideas or actions) that can help get those ticket sales rolling will be outstanding!
mister-griffster

Postby buttholesurfer » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:04 pm

I not sure but see if Rich at Friendofmine wouldn't mind selling tickets at the Eurofishfry, I think there is alot of people turning up for it...I don't know how it will work, I'm going so I could pitch in, don't know what I'll be like after a couple of pints of Rattler though?
buttholesurfer

Postby mister-griffster » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Nice one butthole - it will be an online thing tho rather than actual tickets. Im hoping to be down myself, but could be outta the country - so if you can spread the word and people can hit up the website another time that would be awesome ;)
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:01 pm

OOOKAAY folks, this thread has gone a weeee bit quiet of late, so not only bumping back to the top but also a favour to ask...

I'm currently building the site - first off hand up, it's taken a little while longer than anticipated, but that's because we're trying to do the job right. It's our hope that this is not a one off site, but also can be used for future auctions / fundraisers etc - it's not that that's slowing me down, it's the full-time employment and clients dragging their heels... so, poo to them i say - time to get the page up and get some funds rolling in.

So, I need a couple of things from you guys - first, if you are donating a prize, if you haven't already - could you Pm me with the following

1. The desired name you wish to be published on the website (at present i am using MSW monikers, but happy to publish any other alias you may be known by)
2. Any website address / link you may wish published
3. If appropriate a little bit about you / your business / your interest / your reason - whatever

^^ The Above is purely to give some credit where it's due, any person who has dontated or contributed in anyway will get a credit and a link back - it's the least we can offer for such amazing support and generosity chaps.

Secondly, I may need a little bit of help with some of the descriptions... I'm currently listing all of the prizes individually (they will be bundled if appropriate for the prize draw) - as I'm going through the build my time would be better served in the bowels of the code / design - so if you, or anyone else has any time to spare all i need is to go through the thread - pick out each individual item - trawl the net for a relevant description and past it into a text document. No original writing needed. It literally is a copy/paste/cut/shut job. I can then put all the info into the site. I'm happy to do this myself, but the site will be up a lot quicker if somebody could spare an hour or so.

Finally, as you know, this month is the anniversary of little Timmy's passing - and so far Tim and Kate have managed some truly amazing feats in setting up the trust, reaching charitable status, helping kids who really need it. Timmy's memory lives on in his legacy which is growing from strength to strength, helping other kids and families - it's actually quite a spectacular, mind blowing achievement. So to celebrate this truly inspiring little chap it would be amazing if we could get the site up and running this month. I realise that i could well be shooting myself in the foot here, but it's good to have a deadline to work to, so I will do what I can. Bear with me.

So, apart from the above, if you can start pushing this raffle, make some noise, get some interest, get it on peoples radars then we can hit the ground running.

Chaps, if you can do this, I will demand from the great swell gods that you are all served with perfect head-high lined up waves this weekend

Thanks all x
mister-griffster

Postby flacky » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:43 pm

I'll get something over to you asap Griff.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby buttholesurfer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:22 pm

I would , but I'm sat in Mexico drinking tequila...that stuff with the worm in is killer!!! :-D
buttholesurfer

Postby mister-griffster » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:02 pm

EAT THE WORM, EAT THE WORM!!! chugalug - sooo envious Steve - I can only hope you're on the side with no surf :lol:

I'm on this side of the ocean and there's sod all worth writing about here.

Thanks Flacky - you're a star! - Finally got all the items in, now just descriptions and pics... oh, and hopefully more items!!
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:04 pm

Mal-nourished - I tried to contact the wetsuit centre a few times over the summer, but to no abail - and have since let it slip out of my mind completely - no surprise really - Is it still worth giving them a buzz?
mister-griffster

Postby mal-nourished » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:39 pm

off course make sure you get hold of sean wade the owner... 8)
mal-nourished

Postby mister-griffster » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:53 pm

Evening All,

Just a quick message to say a big thanks for all your support and to let you know the great Raffle will be going ahead in the New Year - apologies for the radio silence - been getting a lot of stuff done behind the scenes. It was also decided that the raffle take place after the SAS raffle - it's important to maximise funds for organisations like this so they can continue to build on successes and improve their practice.

So just a quick little plea - No doubt Santa, will be super kind to some and as is the case this time of year He won't remember what he's got for all of you, so you may have a few 'double ups' etc. If this is the case and you're not sure what to do with your extra goodies then may I ask you consider donating any unwanted gifts (100% Surfing techniques) to Timmy's Trust and we will recycle it to a new home and with any funds generated going to help kids who are so desperately in need of some hope. Tim and Kate have just launched a new website for Timmy's trust at the usual address http://www.timmystrust.org/ so check it out if you need a reminder of what all this is for. There's also some new merchandise, including a Calendar (ideal for mapping those swells) - so pass on the details to anyone who'll hear of it :wink:

Thanks guys, without your continued support none of this would be possible, so treat yourself to an extra sherry or two and a pat on the back. I'll post up further info once it's all in place.

Have a great Xmas all, and may Santa fill your boots with lovely clean peelers
mister-griffster

Postby mister-griffster » Wed May 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Ok peeps - it's been a long while coming - probably about the same time as my last surf, or at least that's how it feels - but the site is progressing and will be launched ASAP. There's been a lot of behind the scenes work going on and thanks to your donations, hard work etc Timmys Trust has reached charitable status so we will soon be all systems go on the raffle front.

Before the site gets launched in general, I will do a 'soft' launch to all 'weeders who have volunteered a contribution - I realise this has been a longtime coming, as as many of the donations are from the kindness of your hearts then I want to make sure we still have some prizes to give away, and always a plea for more! - Therefore, if you no longer have the items you were going to donate (after all, it's been a while) then I can pull them from the site before making a public launch. Of course if you'd like to donate anything else, or know anyone who would, then all donations are greatfully received.

Timmy's Trust continues to do some amazing work, without shouting about it - and you can check out latest news on the website http://www.timmystrust.org/ or if you're socially minded follow on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/timmy.masontrust or Twitter https://twitter.com/Timmy_Mason - so hit the sites and spread the word :P

If you have any probs with prizes pledged so far then just PM me and we'll get it sorted- otherwise I'll be in touch in the near future with a web address and get this raffle rolling! cheers me dears :wink:
mister-griffster

Previous

Return to For Sale