Discount weekend!

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Discount weekend!

Postby 7tsurf » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:31 pm

Hello,

We are having a sale on all our board socks this weekend and we have a few offers running on there so if and when you get a chance swing by and have a look....... http://www.7tsurfskate.co.uk

And all orders this weekend come with a free wetsuit bag!

Many thanks & happy surfing

7t Team
http://www.7tsurfskate.co.uk
7tsurf

Re: Discount weekend!

Postby flacky » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Why no longboard socks?
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby 7tsurf » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:58 am

Hey Flacky,

We do make Longboard covers we just have not had chance to put the covers online. You can order one of our covers if you contact us and we will help in anyway we can to get a cover for you. The Longboard page will be up and running later on today!

Our apologies for that guys and hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

Many thanks

7t Team
7tsurf

Postby philo » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:00 pm

I bought one of these for about 50p in Indonesia, do you use the same materials that the sweatshop kids were using? And how long do they last?
philo

Postby 7tsurf » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Hello,

Our covers don't cost 50p and that's why the cheap ones last only 10 mins. We use a rip-stop (rip proof) fabric and a thick stretch fabric so ours do and will last. All our covers are triple cross stitched reinforced. Its kind of why we started Seven.t surf as all the bigger brands use the cheap material and are all massed produced. We make them ourselves so we know how well they are made as its us doing it.

We hope that helps a bit.

Many thanks

7t team
7tsurf

Postby flacky » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:34 pm

I'm impressed, they look good, well priced, nice one...
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby The Decorator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:58 am

I don't know what triple crossed stitched means so I thought I'd bung a few photos of my two bags up. Got them in Jan and after a couple of ordering issues (couldn't choose size on order form and one I chose was not available) was told I'd get some goodies chucked in with my order. Never did. Any how. Usage is back of the car down to the beach (10mins) then on a horizontal wooden rack in carport (out of sun and weather). Both are 6' and have covered a 5'6 and a 5'10. I accept cuts are from fins. Probably get asked why I didn't e-mail back my issues, honestly, couldn't be arsed. Paid not much and I guess I got my moneys worth.

www.mugofsunshine.blogspot.com
The Decorator

Postby chillybin » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:44 am

I just wanted to point something out here after that last comment.......

About 3 months ago we got a parcel in the post from these guys as to 4 other surf shops in our area. These guys had sent out a free sample to us all. We had a look and gave them ago to see what they are like. We emailed back and told them our concerns and we got a email straight back thanking us for pointing out what needed changing. About a week later we had another sent to us and they had changed what we pointed out. We where told about other shops in the area also stocking them so we had a chat with a few guys we know from them. They loved the covers and also got another sample sent out to them even though they had not tested their first sample covers or contacted them. Most shops around our area now stock them and we know a few guys around the UK that stock them. Their covers outsell the other makers by 30% in our shop and we have not had one return. They have changed the way they make them and what materials they use and if it was to do with our email or not I dont know. But what I wanted to point out was that on that last comment was written "I couldn't be arsed emailing them". If you could be arsed instead of putting your pics up here and moaning that you didnt email them with the problems with your covers, then maybe things could be different for you.

As a shop owner these guys are nice to deal with, their covers are very well made and we are more than happy to stock them and we know a few places around the UK are more than happy to support these guys to.

Needed to be said..... cheers
chillybin

Postby 7tsurf » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:57 pm

We can do nothing but apologise for the mistakes with your covers. You order was placed on December the 21st 2011. We have changed the way we make them and the fabric we use. We wont make excuses and we really are sorry for the state of your covers. We are only a small company and we want to offer folks something different to what is available and accept that your covers where not the best and not happy with ourselves for letting them go out to you. We no longer use that fabric or make those covers. We are learning all the time and now use a ripstop fabric and not a jersey fabric.

We are very sorry about this and will be in touch with you.

Many thanks

7t Team
7tsurf

Postby prjwebb » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 pm

How are the covers on the inside as far as wax residue etc? Do they wash well?
My current creatures and rhino socks somehow end up full of dog hair in all the wax residue and it's annoying when you pull a freshly waxed board out and it's covered in fluff and dog hair.
Pretty minor, but it annoys me. Keen to try the 7t covers. Do you sell anything that would fit a 5'2" x 20" Sweet Potato?
prjwebb

Postby The Decorator » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:09 pm

chillybin wrote: But what I wanted to point out was that on that last comment was written "I couldn't be arsed emailing them". If you could be arsed instead of putting your pics up here and moaning that you didnt email them with the problems with your covers, then maybe things could be different for you. As a shop owner these guys are nice to deal with, their covers are very well made and we are more than happy to stock them and we know a few places around the UK are more than happy to support these guys to. Needed to be said..... cheers

Okay here we go. As a shop owner you should be aware that customer relations is reasonably important? Talking back to customers and telling them what they should have done and to stop moaning does not constitute good relations.
As a shop owner I forgive you for not knowing how social media works, though in this day and age it should be part of 'owning a shop 101' if you have internet access.

Your first post was on the 14th August saying how great you think 7tsurf are and not stating in fact that you are a shop that sells them, then 2nd post telling one of their customers what he should have done and to stop moaning makes you look like a twat. Whats more it makes the people you are trying to defend look like twats.

Perhaps you'd like to let everyone know what shop you represent and bolster your credibility slightly.

Oh and fwiw I didn't 'moan that I didn't e-mail them' I merely pointed out that I hadn't.

Anyway. I have had an e-mail from 7tsurf and a very nice e-mail at that. They have said they will send me two new covers and explained that they have changed materials and construction techniques and apologised profusely. They have not berated me for moaning.

You tread a fine line when advertising your wares on internet forums (for free) and need to be completely transparent from the start aswell as having confidence that your product is worthy.
The Decorator

Postby prjwebb » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:16 pm

Sounds like they're standing behind their products Decorator. Good on them for sending out a couple of free updates for you. I've ordered up a couple to give them a shot myself.
prjwebb

Postby buttholesurfer » Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:51 am

Chillybin...are you for real. It's an Internet forum, im sure loads of issues have been posted on this forum about surf products being manufactured that aren't upto standard ( I'm not slating this company at all)...but for me and other users it brings a choice issue, I'd rather read something on here that a fellow surfer has bought/used and either liked or loathed.
buttholesurfer

Postby Archy_is_God » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:50 am

If it's worth anything....

Like prjwebb, because 7tsurf responded positively to the Decorator's post, I'm just about to contact them to place an order for a bag for my new midlength singlefin.

7tsurf - will be speaking to you in a minute :-)
Archy_is_God

Postby Leven » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm

Okay here we go. As a shop owner you should be aware that customer relations is reasonably important? Talking back to customers and telling them what they should have done and to stop moaning does not constitute good relations.

Personally, I think chillybin is spot on. What's the point in moaning on here, if you haven't moaned to the store you got the product from?! Name and shame by all means, but at least give them the chance to put it right (which it seems like they now have done).

I think it's more you who looks like a bit of a twat, by moaning from the safety of the internet, and not actually taking it up with the people concerned....

If you've got a problem, talk to the people you've got a problem with...Simple! :-)
Leven

Postby The Decorator » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:16 pm

Leven wrote: Personally, I think chillybin is spot on. What's the point in moaning on here, if you haven't moaned to the store you got the product from?! Name and shame by all means, but at least give them the chance to put it right (which it seems like they now have done).

I think it's more you who looks like a bit of a twat, by moaning from the safety of the internet, and not actually taking it up with the people concerned....

If you've got a problem, talk to the people you've got a problem with...Simple! :-)

Fucking hell, here we go. "safety of the Internet" cunt. 3 seconds of research will tell you who I am and where I live. "Moaning" cunt. Showing potential buyers the product I bought is not moaning. If I'd written an e-mail to them saying "this is shit" it would have been moaning (justified nontheless). They started this topic I responded to this topic (actually taking it up with the people concerned). If they want publicity through free forums they can have it, it works both ways. It was this forum that first brought them to my attention. Which kinda already answers your last sentance.
Basically your whole quote contradicts itself.
They have been given the chance to put it right and they have responded superbly with no admonishment of customer/s.

In other words Get Fucked Cunt

(long live Jimo69 :headbang: )
Last edited by The Decorator on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Decorator

Postby buttholesurfer » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:10 am

Yep, Jimo69 still lives! Surfed with him on Sat morning, flying allover the place on a 5'1" Tomo!
buttholesurfer

Postby Leven » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:07 am

In other words Get Fucked Cunt

Wow, what an intelligent, articulate, and well reasoned argument. And as for the "safety of the internet", lets go for a beer....oh no wait, you're in Oz!

My point is, why did you not take it up with the company direct, before bringing it on here? Absolutely, as you say, it works both ways, but if you were genuinely unhappy with the product, surely you'd have complained before now?!

And finally, learn some punctuation and grammar.....Your insults would read much better, if written and laid out correctly. :lol:
Leven

Postby The Decorator » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:25 am

Where did it say I was genuinly unhappy with the product?
I never was. I just thought it wasn't great.
It generally takes something slightly more serious than some loose stiching on a bag for me to get "genuinly unhappy".
It was opportunist of me to post on here and for that I do not apologise.
And don't come all "intelligent and well reasoned" with me you cunt.
And if you dare call me misogynistic for using that word I'll get my wife to call you it too. :thebirdman:
The Decorator

Postby Leven » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:36 am

The fact you posted on here pointing out it's flaws, would generally point towards some form of unhappiness, wouldn't it?

And get your wife to call me what you like, although she normally just screams out my name....
Leven

Postby The Decorator » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:43 am

Leven wrote:The fact you posted on here pointing out it's flaws, would generally point towards some form of unhappiness, wouldn't it?
No, dissapointment maybe, unhappiness emphatically no.
As for my wife, well they both begin with C
The Decorator

Postby chillybin » Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:47 pm

All I wanted to point out was that like Leven said that you should have taken it up with the company and I thought it was a tad harsh that its now nearly September and you had chosen to say something on here and months later. And I wanted to also point out that their covers are a good products. If you can come on here and say that you are not happy with them, I have every right to say that they are good.
chillybin

Postby The Decorator » Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:35 am

You have every right to come on here and say they're good, especially if you're selling them.
"a tad harsh" ?? Good luck with your business Chilly.
Oh hang on what business was it again?
The Decorator

Postby chillybin » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:00 am

We run a surf shop in south Wales.
chillybin

Postby The Decorator » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:43 am

Free advertising here if you're game.
The Decorator

Postby chillybin » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:25 pm

Its ok I will leave it
chillybin

Postby 7tsurf » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:00 pm

Decorator - Your new covers are en route and we can only apologies for the mistake with your last ones. Like we said we have totally changed the way we make them!

pjrwebb - Yours too are en route and should be with you in tomorrows post! Any probs let us know and we will do all we can!

Archy_is_God - If there is anything we can do to help please let us know and we will do all we can to help!

Chilly, I'm guessing you got the PM!

many thanks

7t Team
7tsurf

Postby prjwebb » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Stoked! Will post some honest feedback once they arrive.
Thanks a lot!
prjwebb

Postby Archy_is_God » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:45 pm

Cheers 7t, placed the order a few days back for a 8ft bag :D
Archy_is_God

Postby Jack » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:03 am

"Fucking hell, here we go. "safety of the Internet" cunt. 3 seconds of research will tell you who I am and where I live. "Moaning" cunt. Showing potential buyers the product I bought is not moaning. If I'd written an e-mail to them saying "this is shit" it would have been moaning (justified nontheless). They started this topic I responded to this topic (actually taking it up with the people concerned). If they want publicity through free forums they can have it, it works both ways. It was this forum that first brought them to my attention. Which kinda already answers your last sentance.
Basically your whole quote contradicts itself.
They have been given the chance to put it right and they have responded superbly with no admonishment of customer/s.

In other words Get Fucked Cunt"

Decorator...

What the hell is your problem? The world is not against you so you don't need to be so rude and defensive! You put forward your opinion and so did a couple of others. If this is what your posts are like, I'm sure there is a hater's blog site you can fuck off to and slate the world. If your sticking around here then chill the fuck out mate! Go and find and empty wave and give yourself a good talking to!!

Peace!
Jack

Next

Return to For Sale