SCAM WARNING ON GUMTREE

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

SCAM WARNING ON GUMTREE

Postby dixie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:41 am

there is a lowlife on gumtree at present that has decided to add surfboards to the list of items shes selling at better than normal prices.
beware....
helen75watson@gmail.com
and variations of this

also beware
police aware.

as she/he is taking funds, n disappearing............alot of people already caught out....that was a close one, i was gonna buy a 6'6 dominator for 180 quid.

too good to be true, is to good to be true
dixie

Re: SCAM WARNING ON GUMTREE

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:02 am

woop woop ....... sound of da police ...........woop woop 8)

Gumtree my friend - got a belter of a MTB for the missus last night for much cheapness of some guy that didn't know the value of his scoot 8)
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby nawgy1979 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:27 am

I was about to buy a board from her aswell. I have had email contact but sporadic but I thought that she was legit because she was going to send the board first and then payment on delivery. Strange.
nawgy1979

Postby nawgy1979 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:40 am

They contacted me via SMS but when I reply it fails so I thought it was wierd.
nawgy1979

Postby Alyn » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:53 pm

She had a Takayama Egg for £180.00, as well, if a deal looks to good to be true it generally is, I contacted her it sounded dodgy and googled her number it looks like she has scammed loads of others with different types of goods. I reported advert to gum tree but they did not remove.....
Alyn

Postby nawgy1979 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:41 pm

nawgy1979

Postby Philshoz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Is she in Bristol?

If so, she has lots of MC's for sale....same pic, different prices.....ahem
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:11 pm

Alrright... I was chatting to one stacey75stone about a board on Gumtree (6'6 7S Fish Sea Shepherd ed.). I had no clue it was a scam although the offer to pay on delivery did seem a little odd.

Here's her mail to me.

"Unfortunately I've just got called into the office (i get sent countrywide with less than 24hrs notice) so very busy till next week. Back at work we have some shipments for large items with parcelforce all week long. Just thought it would save you time and hassle if I'll send it along with them free of charge :) company benefits :) .

I asked around and it seems you can pay cash upon delivery/inspection. It's quite simple since they're able to wait for you to check it out, if not as described they can just void the shipment with no extra charge.

If that's alright with you I'll need a name, address, contact number and also date&time suitable for the delivery.
Working long hours so If you want to pop in and pick it up you'll have to wait till next week or so when hopefully I'll get my head around :)
Let me know either way.
You can check out Stacey's profile on Google+ here : https://plus.google.com/114767908403752520801

Stacey."

Notice how the profile has now gone. Wonder if she's 'sold' the board then.
I might have to get in touch with her now and play some games :lol:

I also saw that dominator on there for £180 and thought it was a bit odd. Especially when the same one was on ebay for double. I guess they just nicked the photo and details of ebay to make the ad more authentic. I see so many surfboards sold that must have been put up by someone with no clue about surfing judging by the nonsense descriptions.
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi Stacey,

Sorry I've not got back to you. I had to go away for work and didn't really have time to think about this. I'm still keen on the board if you still have it.

Let me know your address and I'll come past and have a look.

Thanks,

Let the games commence :-D
Poo Stance

Postby dixie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:21 pm

she claims a conection with parcel force...bull shit, then says pay them on delivery.....by buying some paysafe vouchers......she requests the code no. on the vouchers....thats it, shes got ya money n fucks off....no delivery

thats her idea of pay on delivery
dixie

Postby dixie » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:40 pm

yup thats her/him in bristol all right
dixie

Postby peppercombe » Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Snowboards too - Beware!
peppercombe

Postby coops2951 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:08 pm

AND ALLOY WHEELS OFF A RANGE ROVER
coops2951

Postby majordom » Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:46 pm

scams on gumtree !!

who would have thought it ?
majordom

Postby ojojo » Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 pm

HI just for the record the MCs surfboards in Bristol are me (Oscar) and im not scamming im just a rookie at selling and bump the prices down without removing the last one.Very sorry for confuison over the maurice cole board :oops:
Oscar
ojojo

Postby surfrat » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 pm

i saw a great price on a motorhome and nearly got sucked in on a similar scheme last autumn....

cheeky gits
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby napierm » Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:44 pm

Poo Stance wrote:Alrright... I was chatting to one stacey75stone about a board on Gumtree (6'6 7S Fish Sea Shepherd ed.). I had no clue it was a scam although the offer to pay on delivery did seem a little odd.

Here's her mail to me.

"Unfortunately I've just got called into the office (i get sent countrywide with less than 24hrs notice) so very busy till next week. Back at work we have some shipments for large items with parcelforce all week long. Just thought it would save you time and hassle if I'll send it along with them free of charge :) company benefits :) .

I asked around and it seems you can pay cash upon delivery/inspection. It's quite simple since they're able to wait for you to check it out, if not as described they can just void the shipment with no extra charge.

If that's alright with you I'll need a name, address, contact number and also date&time suitable for the delivery.
Working long hours so If you want to pop in and pick it up you'll have to wait till next week or so when hopefully I'll get my head around :)
Let me know either way.
You can check out Stacey's profile on Google+ here : https://plus.google.com/114767908403752520801

Stacey."

Notice how the profile has now gone. Wonder if she's 'sold' the board then.
I might have to get in touch with her now and play some games :lol:

I also saw that dominator on there for £180 and thought it was a bit odd. Especially when the same one was on ebay for double. I guess they just nicked the photo and details of ebay to make the ad more authentic. I see so many surfboards sold that must have been put up by someone with no clue about surfing judging by the nonsense descriptions.

I tried this Stacey (not her mum) as well. She was pretty wierd in her response. She texted me from some sort of net messenger someting like 'I can only drop the board off tonite because i need to see my Mum. Cash only, its a good price'. Then she never came back to me. Also tried for the firewire, but no reply. Clearly these guys were too lazy to lead me on.

Anyways me and my house mate swear by gumtree for bargains, without the hassle of ebay bids. And as you said when you see a scam it kind of stands right out.
napierm

Postby Will. » Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:33 am

Not on Gumtree but watch out for any emails off Lisa M Beeley. Sends fake PayPal emails requesting money to be paid to a delivery company in Nigeria.
Will.

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:57 pm

^^ right you are Will, Nigeria, jeezus! thanks for letting me know , I was close to hitting the Pay button there
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Black » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:36 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:^^ right you are Will, Nigeria, jeezus! thanks for letting me know , I was close to hitting the Pay button there

Doh!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby goa_way » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:03 pm

ahhh gad damnnit! I've been talking with "pamela75hogan" selling that 7'10 fluidjuice board for 100quid. She even offered to have it delivered with cash on delivery. Guess they wanted to get my name and address and they succeeded.
Ive been waiting on hearing back from her to book my flights to India.......
too true that "too good to be true is too good to be true" (im sure I heard that in my head when I first saw the add)
Dratt!
goa_way

Postby KyleEvans » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:07 pm

dixie wrote:there is a lowlife on gumtree at present that has decided to add surfboards to the list of items shes selling at better than normal prices.
beware....
helen75watson@gmail.com
and variations of this

also beware
police aware.

as she/he is taking funds, n disappearing............alot of people already caught out....that was a close one, i was gonna buy a 6'6 dominator for 180 quid.

too good to be true, is to good to be true

About a month ago I saw a 7ft Tiki Fatboy in mint condition for only £100!!! Some "woman" called "Deborah" was selling it from "Gloucester" I assumed that it was "she" was selling it because it belonged to an ex-boyfriend or something and didn't know the real value of a board! Anyway I contacted "her" and she replied saying that the board was still for sale, even though it had been on there for a month or so. (suspicions begin) Anyway I went along with it and she said she was going to visit her mother and she could drop it off when she sees her (this was before I told her where I lived!) I then replied back to her and told her that would be great, so I gave her my address! She then replied saying she had been called into work and won't be going down to see her mother, but then she said that her company sends big deliveries all around the country and she would send it to me with "parcel force". I then received an email from "parcel force" saying that I need to get a ukash voucher and then email it to them to confirm the order... I then rang parcel force just before I was going to email them the code on my voucher.. I explained to parcel force about the situation and then they asked "is it a ukash voucher" I said yes and then they told me that it's all a scam and if I'd of sent the code, they would have had the cash and I would never of seen my cash or board again!!

Now that's what you call a CLOSE CALL!!!
KyleEvans

Postby BMURPHY » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi everyone,
Just an update on the above topic. I came v close to being fooled by the same person!
I was so annoyed that i contacted gumtree, and after being pretty much fobbed off by them, i contacted the national fraud department. They are well aware of these people. Basically any email adresses with a 'Middle class ladies name, and the number 75) are ones to watch out for!
Hope no one has been caught out!!
BMURPHY

Postby defever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:43 pm

Not Gumtree but similar free advert website.

Don't deal with jasmine Morgan jas109@blumail.org or any contact from a domain with @blumail.org.

Email converstation with Jasimne:

jas109@blumail.org wrote: Do you still have it ?

Me: Hello there, Yes I still have Luke Young's Mini Zero. Are you interested? There's more information on MSW forum "For Sale" section. You can contact me there too. Kind regards, E.

jas109@blumail.org wrote: Thanks for the mail, i fully understand the condition on the ads, you can send me more picture if you have and how much do you want to sell it ? kindly get back to me asap. Regards

Me: More pictures are on MSW forum... And the price is stated on the advert. I can deliver it to you if you are local in East Sussex or I'm sure I can arrange something if you are little further out. What is your mobile number, I will give you more detail about the board.

jas109@blumail.org wrote: Ok so how much do you want to sell it ?

Me: £300 please. Where do you live? (I lied about the price to an amount which a surfer will never pay for a used board that's up on the advert for £175...!!)

jas109@blumail.org wrote:Thanks for the response, i agreed with the condition of the Surf board , i will offer you £330 to keep any other offers off, if my offer is granted kindly get back to me now with your Name and PayPal email address so as to make the payment asap, due to nature of my job i will not be able to come and inspect it but my agent will do so on my behalf, i will like you to send me your home address and so that we can arrange for pick up scheduling as i will like the item to be picked,so NO SHIPPING. Please get back to me now so as to make the payment asap. Regards

HAHA Clear give away! So wrote back:

Me wrote: Ya sure. my paypal email is: foq@off.co.uk My address is: Eastbourne Police Station, Grove Road, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN21 4UF.Tell your agent to come over any time, you cock. My door is open 24hrs. You've been reported to SEEBASE with your forged IP address and CVD code. Your ISP will block all your access to the internet and expect men in suits from ASP to visit your door. It was a great pleasure doing business with you.One less low-life scammer in the world.

I know I won't get reply from this scammer again but I enjoyed a tiny victory over this. It's actually fun getting emails from scammers. Play naiive with them for a while and...

SMASH,

SMASH,

SUHMAAAAASH!

BOOM! yeah!
defever

Postby roberdy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:40 am

that's been taken down now Phil :)
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby TrebleKicker » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:52 am

Unfortunately scams only really exist due to the greed of the person after a bargain that is far too good to be true.

Also be aware of the cheque overpayment scam too if that's still going on.
TrebleKicker

Postby wheresmecoat » Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:22 pm

Hate to bring this back to life, but 'Lisa Beeley' is alive and still scamming.

This was in response to an ad selling a board, so watch out if you're selling anything as well.

This is the message she/he/sh..it sent:

"Thanks for your mail and am satisfy with the add and the listed price,
I am ready to buy it now for my son as a surprise promise gift,And due
to the nature of my work,phone calls making and visiting of website
are restricted but i squeezed out time to check this advert and send
you an email regarding it.i would be glad to pay for it as soon as
possible though i will not be available to come for an inspection due
to my tight schedule.Kindly get back to me with the following
questions below:

1) Are you the Owner?
2) Pick up Location?
3) Your PayPal Email ID to effect the payment
4)Your final selling price?

I would be glad to make the payment immediately through PayPal so
kindly get back to me with your PayPal email ID. You need not to worry
yourself about title transfer and shipment,i will instruct the
shipping company to sign all the document on my behalf."
wheresmecoat

Postby Callum98 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:35 pm

just bought a 6"6 on gumtree myself for 8 quid graham smith pro series, came next day :)
Callum is my name, nosediving is my game :)
Callum98

Postby Bubbleboy » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:21 am

there is a lowlife on gumtree at present that has decided to add surfboards to the list of items shes selling at better than normal prices.beware....helen75watson@gmail.comand variations of this

Just for the record, i have a friend called Helen Watson...if i find out it's her i'm gonna punch her in the ovary! ;-)
Bubbleboy

Next

Return to For Sale