something special, Josh Hall and Skip Frye collaboration

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

something special, Josh Hall and Skip Frye collaboration

Postby samsgonesurfin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:19 pm

this is my custom shaped 7'6 Josh Hall surfboard.

this board was shaped while josh was under the amazing tutorship of Skip Frye. Skip actually shaped the outline himself from the template of his original "magic model" and Josh finished the board.

the shape is stunning and totally unique, I had ordered it as a traveling board so I had requested something that would paddle well but handle steeper waves with a variety of fin options and this is what josh and Skip came up with.

it will work as a quad, single of even twin fin set up!

I have surfed it at Croyde, Woolacombe, Saunton, Freshwater west, Manorbier, and more and it handles those waves excellently.

I requested the board be tough, able to handle some strong waves so Josh and Skip used a triple stringer blank and gave it a full deck patch from tail to 3/4 up the board and a tail patch over the fin section. as a result the board is in amazing condition, and when i say amazing i mean it, there is hardly a mark or compression on it and it would almost pass for new. testament to the board building skills of Josh and Skip.

As you can imagine it is not an easy decision to consider selling this board but I have been given an opportunity to travel the world surfing some great destinations and to help fund some board buying along the way this may have to go.

if it does not sell for what I am after it will not sell. period. i will just take it with me instead and risk it getting the odd knock here and there!

board cost a LOT new! well over £1000 plus shipping, import tax etc etc.

the board is signed by Josh Hall

this is a very unique board which deserves a good home and someone who will surf it on occasion and not just admire it on a wall, if thats you, get in touch!

(E-mail me for pics but please, only if you are seriously interested! "samsgonesurfin@yahoo.com")

thanks

Sam
samsgonesurfin

Return to For Sale