Local hero glide 8ft 3

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Local hero glide 8ft 3

Postby slipslide » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:19 pm

Bought this on eBay a little while back couple of small repaired dings and a couple of pressure dents. Green colour nice condition. Paid £250 for it not surfed it yet but I reckon that's a more than fair price probably £500 odd new can chuck in a bag If we don't mess around haggling. Has rainbow 8 inch bio flex.
slipslide

Re: Local hero glide 8ft 3

Postby baj » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:53 am

I have an 8ft version (skip frye 9.25" flex works great as single or a smaller tk flex with sides), Frank McWilliams + Graeme Bunt put the shape together.. ridden mine in knee high to headhigh and it really does go nicely, paddles well, very smooth - step forward to 'glide' through sections, step back to turn, even got on the nose a couple of times.. I got mine to get back in the water after a 12yr break :shock: and it was perfect, I can't get lots of boards in the car so tend to ride it when I'm not sure what the conditions are like, its a good 'go to' board unless its bigger than headhigh then I struggle to get it out back, but that is probably more an issue with my paddle fitness/duckdive technique (lack of!), i'm sure the board would handle it.. tail/rail shape is not too dissimilar to the longer Takayama egg if i remember right.. good board for the money and much more use than your typical minimal, you can actually progress on it!
baj

Postby dogtowatch » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:23 pm

Second that. Had an 8'2, the first one they shaped. Was a single fin.Classy board by a legendary shaper.Way whey better than your standard mini mell fodder.Gave it to a mate for a 50if pressie hence my thread for a mid length.Wanting to try something different but someone should bite your arm off at the arm pit.
dogtowatch

Postby Pterodroma » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:26 pm

Any photos? PM me for email if easier...
Pterodroma

Re: Local hero glide 8ft 3 sold

Postby slipslide » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:06 pm

Sorry sold the day i put it up should have marked the ad sorry
slipslide

Return to For Sale