Black VW Transporter T5.......NOW SOLD

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Black VW Transporter T5.......NOW SOLD

Postby DeeGee » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:15 pm

I will be moving abroad shortly and unfortunately have to sell my trusty van.

It is a Volkswagon Transporter T5 Shuttle, short wheel base, in metallic black. It was registered in December 2005 and I am the second owner. It has only done 79,500 miles and has been very well looked after. It has a full VW main dealer service history and has been well maintained. It is the 2.5 litre turbodiesel model with 130 bhp and six speed gearbox, so has plenty of punch. It is MOT'd until December 2013 and taxed until June.

It is the Shuttle version so is factory lined, with cabin lights/aircon with two captain's seats up front and a six cd changer. It has VW alloys and colour coded bumpers. It has tinted glass on the rear side windows and the tailgate window.

I have used it as a surf van and had installed a rock 'n' roll bed with seat belts, a Webasto Airtop 2000 diesel heater, a leisure battery with split relay & power gauge with two 12 v sockets wired up to the leisure battery and a swivel plate on the passenger seat. These were all professionally installed in March 2010 and are in really good condition.

It originally had a double and single VW seat in the back and those are removeable. I still have those and just need to be clipped back in - they have hardly been used and are in really good condition. The VW seat belt points are still there so there is the option to use those again and have it as more of a people carrier.

It has served me really well and would be ideal to continue use as a surfvan or could easily be converter to a full campervan.

I am looking for £11,000 ONO and there is no VAT payable.

Cheers, DG (Edinburgh)

van 6.JPG
van 6.JPG (71.96 KiB) Viewed 634 times

van 4.JPG
van 4.JPG (78.79 KiB) Viewed 634 times

van 5.JPG
van 5.JPG (79.15 KiB) Viewed 634 times
Last edited by DeeGee on Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeeGee

Re: Black VW Transporter T5

Postby DeeGee » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:01 pm

Should have said that I am happy to talk to anyone (serious!) about the price......I leave in a few weeks and need to sell the van.

It really is mint!
DeeGee

Postby REO » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:41 am

Hi, has the log book been changed to lower the number of seats? (the insurance for me on the shuttles is crazy due to the extra seating)
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

Postby DeeGee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi Reo,

That wasn't a problem for me as it has only ever had five seats. Two upfront and three VW removeable bench seats in the back, rather than the usual 8 in the Shuttle. With those out and the r&r bed in place there are only four. The number of seats has never been an issue for insurance...
DeeGee

Postby finlay » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:09 pm

I recognise that van, congrats on the move, maybe catch you on the north coast again if you make it back for a visit
finlay

Postby DeeGee » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Ha ha! Cheers Finlay - I am off to west Oz for a job and looking forward to warm water for a bit. I'll keep a 6mm here and will pm my email address in case you find yourself out that way. Hope all good with you mate.
DeeGee

Re: Black VW Transporter T5.......NOW SOLD

Postby DeeGee » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:26 pm

NOW SOLD.
DeeGee

Return to For Sale