8ft 10 aussie 68 vee bottom infinity gold label price drop

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

8ft 10 aussie 68 vee bottom infinity gold label price drop

Postby slipslide » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:01 am

Awsome board heres the link http://www.infinitysurf.com/longboards/aussie68/ this is the actual board. The board is USED and has a couple of spakles down the side one small repaired ding (10mm x 5mm) and one small ding under tape (about 20mm x 5mm max) definately not bad by any stretch but they are there. Comes with good condition flex fin.
Has double tint and 3/4 inch balsa stringer, this is an infinity gold label which is there high end conosours (i know thats not spelt right) board.
£550

I also have for sale
8ft Liddle M3P brand new £750
8ft chambered balsa egg http://www.kuntiqui.com brand new £750
7ft custard point triple stringer volan fish quad used few marks and repaired dings £225
Last edited by slipslide on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
slipslide

Re: 8ft 10 aussie 68 vee bottom infinity gold label

Postby mpcutback » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:01 pm

Hi There are no dimensions on the infinity site
how thick,wide etc
cheers
Andrew
mpcutback

Postby slipslide » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:34 am

Hi
Heres the link with dimensions http://shop.infinitysurf.com/collection ... sie-68-810 23 1/4 x 3 1/8.
8'10" x 23 1/4" x 3 1/8" Infinity Aussie '68 Vee Bottom. The newest creation from Steve Boehne, the vee bottom was a design lost in the pages of history, coming about in the late 60's, only to be over shadowed by the Shortboard Revolution. Deep single concave through the nose and first two thirds of the board that immediately transitions into deep vee through the last third and out the tail. True 50/50 rails that transition to a hard edge through the tail and a dropped exaggerated step tail to keep the volume throughout. Incredibly fun, very loose and lively, turns off the tail like a board a foot and a half shorter. 17" nose, 17 1/2" tail, cream and brown opaque resin work on the bottom following the path of the bottom contours. Gloss finish.

He also says

Aussie68

the Aussie V was inspired by turns like this... WOW

STORY OF THE AUSSIE ‘68 V-BOTTOM

This is a fantastic surfboard design that was passed over by history. Designs in the 1960’s like now were changing fast. We went from basic pig shapes in 1961 to three stringer, pointed nosed Trestles Special’s and Phil Edwards models in ’64 and ’65 then by ’66 we were into full wide nosed nose riders like the Performer and Con Ugly. The quantum leap came in ’67 when Australian shaper, Bob Mc Tavish blew minds with his “short” V-bottom boards. We couldn’t believe the photos of the turns coming out of Australia. By 1968 everyone was making 8’ to 9’ V-bottom boards. I was shaping for Gordie Surfboards then and being young, I shaped nearly all the Gordie V-bottom Assassin models while Gordie preferred to shape the longer boards. The V-bottom era was over by 1969 and by 1970, I was shaping 5’10” Infinity twin fins.

The Australian V-bottom was forgotten, but it always remained in my subconscious. Finally, 44 years later, I just felt like shaping one again. In the ‘60’s we would cut the tail off a blank that was a little to long in order to have enough thickness for the extra V. The rail line had a normal rocker, but the center line rocker was much straighter, creating nearly a 1” V-bottom. This combination produces a very fast board that because of the V-bottom and the shorter length does zigzag turns like a skateboard. To add to the performance, I incorporated the extra long concave nose taken from our modern Rad Nose rider model, but kept the old style extra wide tail, straight outline curve with a blunt nose.

After the board was glassed, I handed it over to Mark Cobb, a fluid, classic surfer. I was worried that it would feel to weird to him, so I reminded him that it is authentically an old 60’s design. Later that evening, Mark called me at home raving about the new shape. He went on for 20 minutes hooting about the speed and zigzag turns. He said it was even a great nose rider. Then a few days later, Ruby an aficionado of retro boards, got his hands on it. After a long session at Churches, he walked in the shop pronouncing that it was the best long board he has ever ridden.

Just think, this shape was almost lost forever. Now we have brought it back and given it our model name: The Aussie’68. Now you can have one too. Normally, you order one six to twelve inches shorter than you usually ride.

Steve Boehne
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:09 pm

:-D
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:19 am

bump
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:22 am