Empire vulcan SOLD

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Empire vulcan SOLD

Postby lecky94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:52 am

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h37 ... 7b8.jpg9'4 9'4 empire vulcan .plain white, 23 x3 pintail single fin, RFC 9.5 clear blue pivot fin, mint £400.00..can pack v well if sending anywhere.
Last edited by lecky94 on Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lowtidesurf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:40 am

Where abouts are u based mate
lowtidesurf
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:43 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:15 am

Im up in cumbria just outside of kendal, get to the east coast a fare bit though.
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Your image doesn't work mate, fancy a swap for a 9'2 Quiver Spoon in mint cond?
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:54 pm

Works fine for me when you click on it.. sorry no swaps sale only,board fin and bag £400.00.
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:30 pm

Ah, fair enough (on both counts), links work from my home PC, my work must not like photobucket or summat!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:31 pm

That's quite a quiver or Steve-mobiles you have there! Love my Empire Bonzer, would add a log if I could afford but the one I have would have to go....
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Yeh im just trying to slim 3 boards down to 2, keeping the hull, then i just want a good allround log..love this vulcan ,but the boss says its one in one out at the moment..
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:57 pm

so you are looking for another log but not one like this? Only got it in Sept last year, just not big enough to hold me on the nose cause i am too dam heavy :(

Image
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:24 am

Lovely looking board you have there but im after a square tail with 2+1 fins really. how heavy is to heavy? im 13st and this vulcan noserides sweet,yours is only 2inch shorter with the spoon under the nose, thought it would work fine..
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby Philshoz » Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:53 am

Don't ask the boss embarrassing questions..... :oops:
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz
 
Posts: 2086
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 am
Location: Brittany

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby flacky » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:54 am

Philshoz wrote:Don't ask the boss embarrassing questions..... :oops:


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nice stick there Roberdy. I'd love something like that.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby jayhawk75 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:24 pm

How much for the Quiver
jayhawk75
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 6:35 am

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Tue Apr 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Think you need to pm roberdy on that one jayhawk.
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby Welsh Kook » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Somebody needs to grab this. I was out on my vulcan this eve, lovely log that is so so smooth.
Welsh Kook
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:05 am

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 am

As welsh kook says..smooth
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:54 am

lecky94 wrote:Lovely looking board you have there but im after a square tail with 2+1 fins really. how heavy is to heavy? im 13st and this vulcan noserides sweet,yours is only 2inch shorter with the spoon under the nose, thought it would work fine..


15st 7lbs last check mate, might be technique fail but just cannae get that extra bit right onto the nose except for once when I got there by mistake but it was a nice head high left and we don't get many of them up here!

The Spoon is a really nice board though, I love the way it rides and it was one of the last boards Mark made last year. Bit of a wall hanger really but a board is made to be ridden I reckon. I used to have a 9'6 but it was heavily rockered and had minimal spoon under the nose so that wouldn't nose ride, I can get much closer to it on this thing but whenever I think I am set up just right and I go forwards the bloody thing just nose dives, not sure if I am nto getting the tail locked in right or what but it is doing my head in!

I thought maybe something a bit longer and heavier might do the trick better but who knows, I have watched so many longboarding DVDs and tried to emulate what I see but I am certainly not skinny Al Knost! I was watching more of CJ Nelson as he seems to have a less "twitchy" style than Al but can't seem to get the same successes.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:17 am

I had a black and white 9'4 performance noserider same dims as this vulcan which i couldnt get the hang of noseriding on ,everytime i got to the nose the back end span out.. jumped on the vulcan hey presto solid noserides,tail stuck like glue..think it was down to the fat rails and the harder tail rail on the black and white that made it spinout , where as the vulcans rails are softly pinched ,plus the empire seems to have more weight in it,could be wrong though..
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:18 am

Philshoz wrote:Don't ask the boss embarrassing questions..... :oops:


It's alright Phil, I have come to terms with my stature, I can still get my 6'0 Dwart up and running so I may be big but I ain't totally useless!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:20 am

lecky94 wrote:I had a black and white 9'4 performance noserider same dims as this vulcan which i couldnt get the hang of noseriding on ,everytime i got to the nose the back end span out.. jumped on the vulcan hey presto solid noserides,tail stuck like glue..think it was down to the fat rails and the harder tail rail on the black and white that made it spinout , where as the vulcans rails are softly pinched ,plus the empire seems to have more weight in it,could be wrong though..


Stop, stop, you've already told me I can't swap them :-( :( :-( !!!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:28 am

Sorry feller..talking myself into keeping it at this rate :?
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:50 am

lecky94 wrote:Sorry feller..talking myself into keeping it at this rate :?


no worries, have done that about three times with my Empire Bonzer so far!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby flacky » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:43 pm

roberdy wrote:
lecky94 wrote:Lovely looking board you have there but im after a square tail with 2+1 fins really. how heavy is to heavy? im 13st and this vulcan noserides sweet,yours is only 2inch shorter with the spoon under the nose, thought it would work fine..


15st 7lbs last check mate, might be technique fail but just cannae get that extra bit right onto the nose except for once when I got there by mistake but it was a nice head high left and we don't get many of them up here!

The Spoon is a really nice board though, I love the way it rides and it was one of the last boards Mark made last year. Bit of a wall hanger really but a board is made to be ridden I reckon. I used to have a 9'6 but it was heavily rockered and had minimal spoon under the nose so that wouldn't nose ride, I can get much closer to it on this thing but whenever I think I am set up just right and I go forwards the bloody thing just nose dives, not sure if I am nto getting the tail locked in right or what but it is doing my head in!

I thought maybe something a bit longer and heavier might do the trick better but who knows, I have watched so many longboarding DVDs and tried to emulate what I see but I am certainly not skinny Al Knost! I was watching more of CJ Nelson as he seems to have a less "twitchy" style than Al but can't seem to get the same successes.


Try a deeper fin Roberdy.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky
 
Posts: 3505
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 7:43 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby Andy7 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:46 pm

I thought you sold this weeks ago. I'd have bought it off you when you were in Cornwall if I'd known you still had it.

I am still interested but I'm off to the Maldives with a few mates next week. It's a bit of a sore subject at home so if a new board turned up while I'm away, I'm pretty sure it won't be in one piece when I get back. If you still have it when I am back, mid may, then I'll have it off you
Andy7
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Cornwall

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby briggfoot » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:10 pm

Andy7 wrote:I thought you sold this weeks ago. I'd have bought it off you when you were in Cornwall if I'd known you still had it.

I am still interested but I'm off to the Maldives with a few mates next week. It's a bit of a sore subject at home so if a new board turned up while I'm away, I'm pretty sure it won't be in one piece when I get back. If you still have it when I am back, mid may, then I'll have it off you


Have a good time Byers! :shock: :P
briggfoot
 
Posts: 295
Joined: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:55 am
Location: Braunton! Just moved up 'ere

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:11 am

Hey andy,i thought i had sold it to a local guy up here, but he kept me waiting a waiting for the money then he turned round and said he couldnt afford it in the end. That why i marked it as sold,so yes its still here,give me a shout when you get back from your trip. . If you were to buy it i might have a trip down your way at the end of may so i could drop it off. have a good trip.
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby roberdy » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:27 am

flacky wrote:Try a deeper fin Roberdy.


Am rocking one of these in the 10'' version right now....

Image
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
User avatar
roberdy
 
Posts: 4092
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:36 pm
Location: Bris-vegas

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:03 am

Dont think you will get a better fin for noseriding than that!!
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby Andy7 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:03 pm

The maldives will be amaziing, can't wait.
If your happy to wait til the end of may and bring it down then I will buy it
Andy7
 
Posts: 61
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am
Location: Cornwall

Re: Empire vulcan

Postby lecky94 » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:43 pm

pmd you andy
lecky94
 
Posts: 394
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:38 pm

Next

Return to For Sale

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest