9'2" Local Hero Glide by Frank McW...SOLD

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

9'2" Local Hero Glide by Frank McW...SOLD

Postby baj » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:36 pm

almost certain to regret this but something I've fancied for a while had come up and need the funds..

One of the more rare Frank McWilliams (Frank is now back home in Byron Bay) shaped Glides, I have an 8ft glide egg shaped by FRank and i looked for ages for a 9+ glide, people don't tend to sell them because they are so good.. its really a lovely board, its not new, its has had some small repairs but all professionally done so still looks very good and surfs very nicely - paddles really well, turns quite sharp with the right fin or can draw out the turns with a longer raked fin and lots of versatility just by moving the fin in the box.. I reckon its more of a single fin shape and only ever ride it as a single with a skip frye or Farberow flex fin.. Bottom shape is a slight blended concave in the nose with rolled vee slightly more pronounced through the tail.. Its a great board and i'm writing this and wondering why i'm selling! its 9'2", i can't remember the rest of the dims, perhaps 23" wide by 3" thick? i'll have to check friday when i get home..

£280 can include an 8" nineplus fin for that (not the one in the pics) with free delivery to Porthcawl/Cardiff and now working in Brighton for a few months so happy to bring here too..

Last edited by baj on Mon May 27, 2013 8:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
baj

Re: 9'2" Local Hero Glide by Frank McWilliams

Postby baj » Mon May 20, 2013 6:19 pm

Had such a good surf on this the other day I'm seriously considering keeping it but still for sale... For now...!
baj

Postby BigBlackDog » Tue May 21, 2013 5:21 pm

I am interested in buying this board and can pick up from Porthcawl (good excuse for a surf trip).

I have a budget of £250 set by the Wife so I can not budge.

Give me a ring on 07789 010 695.

Regards

Sam
BigBlackDog

Postby baj » Mon May 27, 2013 7:54 pm

Sold, cheers Sam, have a great trip mate :-D
baj

Return to For Sale