Larry Mabile "skip frye" Eagle 9ft 4 glider triple stringer

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Larry Mabile "skip frye" Eagle 9ft 4 glider triple stringer

Postby slipslide » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:50 am

Hi
Mint condition Larry mabile eagle http://thirdworldexotic.com/larmo/double_eagle.html California import. Triple stringer 2 plus one set up.
Amazing board, seriously amazing. And as soon as my car is done i will be buying another. It is an amazing glider but has handled everything i have wanted to take it out in. Its an amazing glider. IT IS NOT A GUN, just thought i would put that in as people see the board and sometimes think it is
COmes with some fcs side bites. Can supply some skip frye sides in 3.2 and 2.5 at an additional cost.
Happy to pack if you buy the bubble wrap
Here are some pics of from when it was new. It still looks the same :-D
£650

slipslide

Re: Larry Mabile "skip frye" Eagle 9ft 4 glider triple strin

Postby Evil J Guano » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:39 am

Awesome awesome board get on it people
Evil J Guano

Postby slipslide » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:22 pm

I take it your still loving yours then :-D. Its an amazing board absolutly love it. The problem is that 912 is just eating money. I will be buying another as soon as the car is done. My brother has one as well so i will still be riding that (providing i can prise it out of his hands). Larry must be the most under exposed shaper just great boards.
slipslide

Postby mrkmrk2842 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:13 am

have to second (or third technically..) the endorsement of this and all Larry's boards. My quiver consists of a 10' eagle, 9' Phil Edwards model and 8' magic - all from the hands of Larry. The most under exposed shaper about... I would have to agree. His rocker lines are just amazing - the boards just work... quiver killers. The only other board I now have over 8' that isn't by Larry is an original 9' shaped by Phil Edwards.
As for the eagle... well it's just an amazing board, trims and turns great in the small stuff - a true section connector (think Skip and Josh Hall's section in The Seedling) and it just flies when it gets bigger - so fast and secure. RECOMMENDED.
If you can I'd get on this and give Slipslide a call... I've had 3 boards off him over the years (including my 8' magic) and never been let down...
mrkmrk2842

Postby Evil J Guano » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:43 pm

I have a 10' 6'' love it to bits, real struggle not to take it out and try something else… Larmo is the man for sure…
Evil J Guano

Postby slipslide » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks for the recomendation. I regret selling that 8ft. To be honest i have had 5 from Larry and regret selling all the ones i have. I will be in touch with larry for more once i have this car finished. He used to shape with skip at g&s and then next door to each other when they both left. This board can handle anything, bold statement. But i think its pretty much true. only selling as the rest of my boards i have left were birthday/ christmas presents and the kids wont be happy if i sell them.
All texts and emails are replied. Check Jam longboards forum as well they rave about larry and this board.

Glad that Phil is working out for you as well. Did Rik look after you at the shipper?
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:05 pm

:-D
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:29 pm

:-D
slipslide

Postby dogtowatch » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:27 am

How wide and thick please slipslide, and where is it living?
dogtowatch

Postby lewiswaterworth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:15 pm

It is often said that the correct number of boards in any quiver is B+1 where B is the current number of boards owned, However this equation may also be expressed as D-1 where D is the number of boards owned that would result in divorce. But for the fact that I am currently sitting at D-1 I would snap this up in a heartbeat!

......That said, if it were a foot longer I'd take the chance!

Lovely board, I'm the proud owner of a Mabile Double Bump Twinser, great shaper.

Good luck with the sale.
lewiswaterworth

Postby slipslide » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:37 pm

I've had 6 from larry (only surfed 5 though) amazing boards and a top shaper. Only selling as I am restoring an old car at the moment so trimming the quiver down, I had to many anyway.
I'm on my way back from France at the moment so will get you the dimensions as soon as I get back. The board is in essex at the moment 5 minutes from junction 28 m25. Happy to work with you on transport though.

I have started buying a lot more clear boards then my wife has no idea which is which. Saves the divorce I get loads of boards win win.
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:55 am

Dimensions are 9ft 4 x 23 (maybe 22 7/8) x 3 (might be 2 7/8) these were all tape measure measurements as there are none written on the board so are as accurate as I could get. Really a nice board
slipslide

Postby slipslide » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:16 am

Current pictures, its like new. Feel free to make an offer.
slipslide

Postby Philchapman » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:37 pm

I've seen this and "felt the rails" as it were. Bloody lovely board.
P.M.'d ya.
Philchapman

Postby slipslide » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:01 am

Bump
slipslide

Return to For Sale