Top name Mal's from California USA!!

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

Top name Mal's from California USA!!

Postby SJ1 » Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:48 pm

Hi....

I'm heading to the US end Aug-Sept to pick up a new custom Takayama..

I'm happy to bring back boards (Mals mainly) for other people, within reason, at just the basic cost of carriage and baggage charge.. The $-£ exchange rate is really good for this at the moment..

The way i see it working best is if you can contact the shaper or shop you want a board from. Discuss cost and pay them direct. Then i pick the board up and bring it back with mine...

I'm fairly well know around Croyde, Saunton and Braunton having worked in the Thatch a couple of years ago, and surfing there for over ten years now. Most of the shop owners know me and we may have even crossed paths in the water..

Obviously with the unfortunate way the world has gone, there are sketchy people out there, but i can assure you i'm not one of them. I'm always in the water if there is swell so i'd be happy to meet up and have a few pints with you to assure you im a straight talker.

Give it a think....and get back to me with your mail address..Thanks
SJ1

Postby malpractice » Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:39 pm

Ahh. Think I want a Joel Tudor "Papa Joe" model, which is basically a Takayama. They are £800 here. Have heard the availability is limited.
malpractice

Postby SJ1 » Sat Jul 31, 2004 12:31 am

Hello mate..Have a looksee at the models that Taki shapes. I've talked to the guy that runs the shop for Taki in Oceanside CA, and he says these are nearly always available. Although he was a bit cagey about the prices which worried me a bit. I hope he doesnt think he can add a few bucks on, just coz i'm a brit.

Tudor has his own shaping company now and there are quite a few dealers along the Pacific coast. We should get in touch and see how much they are. The dollar looks set to drop even futher against the pound as the election looms. So more board for your pound..

http://www.joeltudor.com/

http://www.hawaiianprodesigns.net/

Swell looking good for the weekend, so will see you sunday morning for the comp...Laters
SJ1

Return to For Sale