Tory kernow

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Tory kernow

Postby JayP » Sat May 06, 2017 5:24 pm

Tory voters ? Do you know many? If you live in Cornwall you do. Please tell me then do they vote tory out of blind stupidity, or is it blind selfishness?

Maybe it's both ?
JayP

Re: Tory kernow

Postby Black » Sat May 06, 2017 7:15 pm

Winter is coming!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Philshoz » Sun May 07, 2017 9:29 am

Black wrote:Winter is coming!

Thank you Jon Snow
Philshoz

Postby thechimp » Sun May 07, 2017 11:06 am

Ya.........Na...........Nos Dha
Attachments
_82995433_south_west_v3.png.jpg
_82995433_south_west_v3.png.jpg (43.45 KiB) Viewed 1516 times
thechimp

Postby Leven » Sun May 07, 2017 11:45 am

JayP wrote:Tory voters ? Do you know many? If you live in Cornwall you do. Please tell me then do they vote tory out of blind stupidity, or is it blind selfishness?

Maybe it's both ?

Do you know any of the MP candidates in Cornwall? No? Well then. Have a look into the local candidates for both Labour and Lib Dem for the last GE, and you might get a better understanding.
Leven

Postby Philchapman » Sun May 07, 2017 12:26 pm

Vote the Tin Man (video half way down page)...

http://www.cornwalllive.com/redruth-s-t ... story.html
Wubba lubba dub dub
Philchapman

Postby JayP » Sun May 07, 2017 7:02 pm

"Local candidates." What a poor defence for voting for self serving right wing elitists.

What annoys me most about it is its people who you would think should know better. That's the power of the media though. People lap up all the lies hook line and sinker.

Reminds me of this - https://youtu.be/e1l1XGiXgo0
JayP

Postby thechimp » Sun May 07, 2017 11:16 pm

The whole of England looks pretty Blue, why just pick on Kernow.
Attachments
2015UKElectionMap.svg.png
2015UKElectionMap.svg.png (107 KiB) Viewed 1489 times
thechimp

Postby Leven » Mon May 08, 2017 7:33 am

JayP wrote:"Local candidates." What a poor defence for voting for self serving right wing elitists.

What annoys me most about it is its people who you would think should know better. That's the power of the media though. People lap up all the lies hook line and sinker.

Who on earth do you vote for if not your local party candidate? That's the whole point of a GE. Of course we could all fall into some tactical voting fallacy and be in an even bigger state than we are currently.

Rather than being a keyboard warrior, how about putting some energy into constructing an effective opposition, instead of the financially illiterate, pipe dreaming crew we have currently? It's all very well sitting behind a screen and criticising peoples choices, but what are YOU doing about it?
Leven

Postby JayP » Mon May 08, 2017 10:48 am

Shit that is a scary blue map! Terrible.

Sorry I'm not just singling out Kernow really but I recently read an article about the local election result in Cornwall which started me thinking. I know quite alot of surfers and quite a few people who live in cornwall - most of them I know are liberal minded, middle of the road or left of centre. So who then are all these people voting tory? It surprises me when I find out someone who I thought could see through the media bullshit votes for these people who are shafting us all. Turkeys voting for Christmas!

What am I doing about it? I put my cross in a box other than tory. It may not be much but thats supposed to be democracy isn't it? I know the options are shit but there is no way on earth I'll vote for the people who are running the companies that are destroying this planet and selling off vital public services to their rich buddies. I honestly don't think you can justify the tory vote by always bringing it down to finance. Oh yeah the tories are so good at finance aren't they?.... aren't they all tories who run the banks that disastrously crashed a few years ago and needed bailing out with our taxes? Look at the national debt- has that reduced since all this Tory led austerity? No I don't think so.

We are all entitled to our own opinion/rant I'm just stating mine not trying to change anyones. If I'm a keyboard warrior I'm a shit one! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
JayP

Postby JayP » Mon May 08, 2017 1:08 pm

JayP

Postby Vince Noir » Tue May 16, 2017 12:48 pm

people are fucking idiots. no doubt my ma will vote tory (or ukip if her partner tells her too :roll: )....despite the fact that she is the person that tory polices hurt the most and help the least.

i refuse to believe that half the UK are middle class/upper class and stand to benefit from alot of what they want to do :evil:
Vince Noir

Postby seenit » Tue May 16, 2017 10:13 pm

Vince Noir wrote:people are fucking idiots. no doubt my ma will vote tory (or ukip if her partner tells her too :roll: )....despite the fact that she is the person that tory polices hurt the most and help the least.

i refuse to believe that half the UK are middle class/upper class and stand to benefit from alot of what they want to do :evil:

Precisely. I am of the opinion that we being subjected to anti-labour propaganda through our media and a that a lot of people are sold the idea that they need a Tory government because the alternatives are so terrifying. It's a total conspiracy led by corporate scum fucks in the media business. Business being the pertinent term because the bigwigs in said media business will benefit from a Tory government no doubt. Exactly as you say it is a classic 'turkeys voting for Christmas' scenario the same as Brexit (which is massively fucking most normal people over at the moment due to the rate of inflation).
seenit

Postby seenit » Tue May 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Leven wrote:
JayP wrote:"Local candidates." What a poor defence for voting for self serving right wing elitists.

Who on earth do you vote for if not your local party candidate? That's the whole point of a GE. Of course we could all fall into some tactical voting fallacy and be in an even bigger state than we are currently.

Rather than being a keyboard warrior, how about putting some energy into constructing an effective opposition, instead of the financially illiterate, pipe dreaming crew we have currently? It's all very well sitting behind a screen and criticising peoples choices, but what are YOU doing about it?

Are you aware that MPs in big parties are 'whipped' into tactical voting in parliament? Your local mp will do precisely fuck all for you, in real terms, in comparison to the decisions passed through parliament by mp votes. Rebel MPs will not be allowed to stand for election, candidates are all selected by their parties. So by electing a Tory mp you are effectively submitting to their party policies by giving them one more vote in the House of Commons
seenit

Postby Vince Noir » Tue May 30, 2017 10:28 am

BBC = british biased corporation

coverage of the paxman interviews has fascicle. Paxman himself sounded like a fucking tory clown. BBC article focusing on JC's supposed views on Hamas IRA and Bin laden, yet no mention of labour policies and TM gets off lightly. jokers. You only had to listen to TM's answer to the 350 million brexit lie question. she didnt answer it and reeled off the standard tory "best deal for britain" shite once again.

literally every tory reply to any question in this GE campaign has been "coalition of chaos" or "best deal for Britain " (repeated 5 times in an answer). JOKERS :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Vince Noir

Postby Philchapman » Tue May 30, 2017 11:27 am

Best bit for me was lip reading one chap in the audience who kept saying "that's bollocks" every time she avoided answering a question, which was every time she opened her mouth. I'm not religious, but 'god help us' if they get in.

Anyone watching UKColumn on youtube? I'm not saying I agree with everything they say by any means, but if you get frustrated by the msm then it's worth a watch. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U_QlENyeRA
Wubba lubba dub dub
Philchapman

Postby future primitive » Tue May 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Philchapman wrote: I'm not religious, but 'god help us' if they get in.

Completely agree,and I'm now a bit to old really to emigrate to leave the shit storm if the tories get back in,BBC and 80% of the press have been way beyond belief
future primitive

Postby thechimp » Wed May 31, 2017 10:45 am

http://evolvepolitics.com/right-wing-pr ... res-truth/

Just a reply above re the so called 'Garden Tax' the MSM are hammering.

But .85% of property value would of doubled my council tax i used to pay on my Devon home, great if you rent, but if you live in the SE?.......JayP?

3% on second and holiday homes!
There would be a few holiday homes in Cornwall up for sale next summer!!

This could end up another Poll Tax mayhem, every single property re-valued, landlords would increase rent to cover tax :roll:
thechimp

Postby Vince Noir » Wed May 31, 2017 12:48 pm

if youre rich enough to own a SECOND home then youre rich enough to pay a bit more tax on it imo.

thechimp wrote:
This could end up another Poll Tax mayhem, every single property re-valued, landlords would increase rent to cover tax :roll:

says in the article landlords would not be able to increase rent to cover their increased costs.
Vince Noir

Postby JayP » Wed May 31, 2017 3:41 pm

Its an unknown isn't it depending on how its handled but in principle it sounds quite fair imo. Its only going to really affect 2nd home owners and people with large property portfolios.
JayP

Postby JayP » Wed May 31, 2017 3:42 pm

its not .85% of property value. Its the value of the land regardless of what is on it. A bit harder to work out.
JayP

Postby thechimp » Wed May 31, 2017 11:35 pm

JayP wrote:its not .85% of property value. Its the value of the land regardless of what is on it. A bit harder to work out.

It clearly states 'Land or property' and gives the example of 935 on a 110,000 house, The average house price in England is about 238,000, The 'average' home owner is going to be paying a lot more.

As we are on the subject of 'Kernow', a friend bought near Helston in 92, End terrace in a nice village paid 65, band C, this years council tax near 1500, house now worth 350000, he's on an average UK wage, under this proposed system he would pay double, to keep the same lifestyle does this mean he now has to move to a flat in Camborne?

As for the renting, yep i did see that, but cannot believe Landlords, Housing assoc. etc will pay the tax with no increase in rent.

As for the Tories, i sure they will Re Band if they get in, and for even more doom, if the latest Yougov Poll is to be believed, i hate to think of what a hung Parliament will do for 'Brexit'
thechimp

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:49 am

thechimp wrote:
JayP wrote:its not .85% of property value. Its the value of the land regardless of what is on it. A bit harder to work out.

It clearly states 'Land or property' and gives the example of 935 on a 110,000 house, The average house price in England is about 238,000, The 'average' home owner is going to be paying a lot more.

As we are on the subject of 'Kernow', a friend bought near Helston in 92, End terrace in a nice village paid 65, band C, this years council tax near 1500, house now worth 350000, he's on an average UK wage, under this proposed system he would pay double, to keep the same lifestyle does this mean he now has to move to a flat in Camborne?

I can see what you are saying but also consider that he now owns a 350k house not a 65k house. In practice, some exceptions to such a tax that stop people in these sort of situations being fucked over would be necessary.

thechimp wrote:, i hate to think of what a hung Parliament will do for 'Brexit'

scarmongering imo. every single anti labour news source uses the same "coaliton of chaos" soundbite yet JC is not a hot headed man. He is reasonable and leads by listening not by demanding unachievable things.

Theresea Mays entire brexit negotiation can be summed up as:

" we need to go and get the best possible deal for britain and do to that we need to go into the negotiations to get the best possible deal"

its utter fucking meaningless shite. they have no clue what they are doing. they are expecting the EU to just give us single market access with no freedom of movement. they are utterly deluded. We turned around and spat in their face by leaving and are now asking them to give us a better deal then what we had to begin with :evil: :evil: sheer lunacy.
Vince Noir

Postby Chris F » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:14 am

Vince Noir wrote:
Theresea Mays entire brexit negotiation can be summed up as:

" we need to go and get the best possible deal for britain and do to that we need to go into the negotiations to get the best possible deal"

About as meaningful as "Brexit means Brexit".
Chris F

Postby JayP » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:42 am

thechimp wrote:

As for the renting, yep i did see that, but cannot believe Landlords, Housing assoc. etc will pay the tax with no increase in rent.

As for the Tories, i sure they will Re Band if they get in, and for even more doom, if the latest Yougov Poll is to be believed, i hate to think of what a hung Parliament will do for 'Brexit'

You've obviously not read the manifesto it only states they would consider options like LVT . Any percentages you read are purely speculative by so called experts! Its just an idea they are considering floating at the moment. No figures at all have been mentioned by the Labour Party themselves. Maybe if you actually read the manifesto you might find out some truth!
JayP

Postby thechimp » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:44 pm

thechimp

Postby russneversleeps » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:26 am

russneversleeps

Postby Leven » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Amusingly, Derek Thomas (St Ives) has just put something on Facebook basically saying Tory policies are pretty much solely responsible for more businesses starting across the UK than closing.....

And the South East Cornwall Tory has been in a video saying she's "glad there's food banks", and then coming out with "let's ignore them" to the audience!!

Is this the worse Tory campaign in history?!
Leven

Postby JayP » Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:21 pm

Probably but still people vote for them because the television tells them to! :roll:
JayP

Postby Vince Noir » Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:16 am

Leven wrote:And the South East Cornwall Tory has been in a video saying she's "glad there's food banks", and then coming out with "let's ignore them" to the audience!!

Is this the worse Tory campaign in history?!

i saw that video. Odious foul woman, her response to the heckler was the epitome of what i suspect most of their MPs are like. Tories have completely failed on crime as well. Thats without including the latest attacks on london etc. (dont really think that sort of thing is going to be solved by throwing money at the police tho).
Vince Noir

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)