Boards in halls.........

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Boards in halls.........

Postby isadadingo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:41 pm

Just had a meeting with the warden at my hall in Uni, he told me (section blah blah blah of the the hall manual states that no large items of sports equipment are allowed to be kept in student rooms......blah blah water damage etc.).
I told him i'd be careful..but no. Stick it in the bike shed he told me..um yeh right

.......what the hell am I going to do?

Is this a problem for others too? or is it just crappy dulldham hall in bristol thats giving me this grief.....
My only option as i see it is move out of a hall into a flat....or get prople to sign a petition.
:cry:
isadadingo

Postby Grizzly » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:45 pm

That really sucks!
Here at Aber, surf club members can keep boards in the uni boathouse for free, does bristol have some kind of similar arrangement?

Halls do kind of suck. I got a bollocking for abseiling out my window in my first year. Sadly, I was asked what the rope was tied onto - nothing, my mates were holding it - wrong answer. BIG TIME!
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
Grizzly

Postby isadadingo » Mon Nov 01, 2004 5:52 pm

Yeh, he told me I have one week to find somewhere to put it.....
The surf club is possibly an option but I often go surfing outside of the club - with whoever I can get a lift with.....
The hall is really boring anyway and I am sick of getting threatening emails/letters shoved under the door from authorities who have never even met me???!!!
I guess Aberyswith (sos for spelling) is abit more understanding........
Sorry for being bitter- I am generally a very happy person - I just hate the university right now..........
he he he absailing out the window - they probably love you as much as they seem to love me
isadadingo

Postby Bigjohn » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:54 pm

Solution; Have a whip round, get enough for a prostitute who will cooperate, set up surveilance(cameras etc) and FRAME THE BASTARD. It worked for us at college. The trick is, once you have your leverage, dont take the piss, make his life easy in all other ways. :wink: :wink:
......Rubber Duck this is Pig Pen, I'm gonna put the hammer down..........

Bigjohn

Postby isadadingo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 8:22 am

So on the same point of the bastard Warden I found out yesterday, that some student accidently knocked a cup off a window ledge that fell down and smashed the windscreen of the Warden's girlfriends car!!
He wants the kid to pay £400 worth of Damage!!!!!!!! What an ass.......and he drives a Jaguar.......could put the guy out of uni?!

Yeh Bigjohn I think I will.............. nice idea! :evil: :idea:
isadadingo

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:48 am

It was similar when I was In halls here at Bangor but just do it anyway.... no-=one ever chcked up and as long as you don' make it obivious then you will be fine...

Are you in the Goldy halls at brizzol by any chance?
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

Postby isadadingo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:38 pm

Im living in Durdham hall in Stoke Bishop, nice hall, nice rooms but a really boring place - the bar shuts by about 10.20. Goldney's mean't to be really nice....at least i've heard so. Im sure they wouldn't let me keep my boards there either.......do you know Bristol well?
isadadingo

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:10 pm

not well but ish....goldney is well swaz... its al set in the old victorian estate gardens balconayes and everything! views accross the city.. etc..

Got a mate who went there.. he's just into his 4th year... was heavly involved in the JCR at goldney. Richard Pattarn... play basket ball u know him?
PapaWoolacombe

Postby isadadingo » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:10 pm

sadly I can't say that I do, you never know I might just bump into him sometime......
isadadingo

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Fri Nov 05, 2004 12:58 pm

Hes got the best potential for an houe party stylie Afro :p

I'd post I pic If i could find one :p
PapaWoolacombe

Postby smithie » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:56 pm

I have the same problem at my halls, in the manual it specifically says NO SURFBOARDS, but i just keep mine in my room anyway, between the bed and the wall. The Warden here snowboards, so i think understands. But what the porters dont know wont hurt them.
smithie

its worse.....

Postby isadadingo » Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:52 pm

Seriously, there is just no leaniancy in our halls, they come into our rooms all the time...leave threatening remove your rubbish notes in the flat (and we have one of the cleanest!!!!).....they just come and fukin inspect whenever they feel like it...no chance of just leaving stuff in my room..i even have to clear out the bathroom every two weeks

The crazy thing is......the last time I checked it wasn't friggin boarding school and we are paying more to stay in Durdham than we would to rent our own house!!!!
own home = own rules = freedom and happyness :) perhaps ?
isadadingo

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)