For all you Guitar Players

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

For all you Guitar Players

Postby frameline » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:23 pm

Hey guys,

Been playing accoustic guitars for about 2 years now and want to start experiment with electric. My mate brought round a Variax 500 which was great to play, and has got me thinking about investing. I am hoping to spend about £150 second hand for a decentish beast for my first foray, any tips about which model I should go for, I like a fast action. I just don't want to get ripped off, i know it is not a big budget, but my last accoustic cost £600 and I cannot afford another expensive one right now.

Cheers for any input....

8) 8)
frameline

Postby CRISPY » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:43 pm

Hey Frameline,

I'd be happy to go in to a shop and try out some guitars with you if you want. Basically you get what you pay for. I've got an Ibanez s classic. Cost me £850 and is a beauty. Should be able to pick something up for £150, as long as it's set up and the neck's fine.

Give us a shout if you want mate :wink:
CRISPY

Postby thedeadly » Mon Nov 01, 2004 8:47 pm

got a Westone thunder 1 bass 20yrs ago - still got it and the neck and action are better than ever - i know how to setup action, harmonics etc if you need to know !
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
thedeadly

Postby frameline » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:22 pm

Cheers guys, may take you up on that crispy, yeah I know you get what you pay for, I just want a beat up thing that still sounds OK to get to grips with the change in styles. Yeah man that would be cool....
frameline

Postby jamblo » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:04 am

I started playing about three years ago with a Fender Squier Strat. Absolutely great for a beginner, or someone new to electrics. And I think you can pick them up for about £140 new. Throw in an amp and yer sorted! Also worth a look are Yamaha Pacifica's - thought to be the best introductory electric guitar.

Ive finally progressed to the point when I think it's time to upgrade, got my eye on an Epiphone Les Pauls Standard now... mmmm...

jamblo

Postby Olli » Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:47 pm

I think the Yamaha Pacifica's is a good first by alot of my friends have it and they love them.
HAHAHA!!!

Ure SICK!
Olli

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)