Which martial art

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Re: Which martial art

Postby noah's_arc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:37 am

noah's_arc wrote:Anyone seen that new martial arts film out at the cinema? Pretty sure it's on general release and getting good reviews

Here you go - found a link:

www.bruceleeissoft.com
Last edited by noah's_arc on Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
noah's_arc

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:21 pm

Freddie_89 wrote:deadly you sound like that IT guy from the office "no ive seen bruce lee fight chuck norris in way of the dragon, not enter the dragon"

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=geZoES9KQ-Q

lol - my mistake - but the message got through - you seriously got me wrong dude , its only mattyboy i'm gonna drop in on and fuck up , no one else , i'm a nice guy - If you study Bruce Lee and his books you'll know where i'm coming from, oh and if you do a few years of JKD you may understand a little - Bruce Lee the actor and Bruce Lee the fighter are two different things - Game of Death (and i do have that one right) is an instuctional video, espcially if you have studied Bruce Lees stuff , if you know where and how to look - to others its juat a good film - the best bit i think is where Dan Inosanto gets nun-chucka in the face for being cocky :lol:
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
thedeadly

Postby Matt-e-boy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:29 pm

Each post you make reveals how little you actually know.
Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:42 pm

freddie - that clip of the office is well funny :lol:

check out this clip - its bruce and dan inosanto - if you go to 2mins 25secs and play you'll see that cocky bit - it funny as fuck http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQaKK0mWus&feature=related

matty your still on ignore for a reason - if you want to prove how little i know and how much you know lets have a meet up and have a proper fight, the loser shuts up forever - that is what is called a challenge matty in cyberspace or real life, accept the challenge without giving all this bullshit excuses, you said you used to do kickboxing so there's no problem with your ability , i'm far older than you which gives you an advantage, i smoke, its all in your favour, accept and shut me up mattyboy (oh the shame if you don't, i could understand if you had never fought before but you say you have so go for it ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
thedeadly

Postby Matt-e-boy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:31 pm

thedeadly wrote:freddie - that clip of the office is well funny :lol:

check out this clip - its bruce and dan inosanto - if you go to 2mins 25secs and play you'll see that cocky bit - it funny as fuck http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQaKK0mWus&feature=related

matty your still on ignore for a reason - if you want to prove how little i know and how much you know lets have a meet up and have a proper fight, the loser shuts up forever - that is what is called a challenge matty in cyberspace or real life, accept the challenge without giving all this bullshit excuses, you said you used to do kickboxing so there's no problem with your ability , i'm far older than you which gives you an advantage, i smoke, its all in your favour, accept and shut me up mattyboy (oh the shame if you don't, i could understand if you had never fought before but you say you have so go for it ) :lol: :lol: :lol:

What have a fight with some 'net threatening, middle aged wierdo over the internet for no reason whatsoever? I think it might be quite normal behaviour not to want to take time out of their day, meet up with a laughing stock, have a fight (how would it start - would I have to spill your pint or something?), find a "winner" and then go back to that same day? You say you've never had a street fight, you seem to worship Bruce Lee who was some damn hard that an aspirin killed him, you seem to witter on about how "X" martial art is better than "Y" martial art and constantly seem to need to prove yourself on-line. I bet there's a couple of posters on here on have never ever mentioned fighting in their lives but are harder than ten pretend Deadlys (oh and the user name says a lot too).

End the amusement for everyone else too?

And end all this on-line comedy? What would I do all day?
Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:35 pm

i'll take that as backing down then - no worries, you're no kick boxer or martial artist , now go and talk about cars and leave men talk for the men and not the kids - i dont worship bruce lee but am following his teachings at the moment and am enjoying it , any problems with how that affects you ??? (you're now back on complete ignore so i wont read any reply , wooos !)
thedeadly

Postby Mabolsa Ritchie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:37 pm

I reckon you two should meet up for a fight...........If we all chip in a tenner each, there's going to be quite a pot worth fighting for
Mabolsa Ritchie

Postby Matt-e-boy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:39 pm

thedeadly wrote:i'll take that as backing down then - no worries, you're no kick boxer or martial artist , now go and talk about cars and leave men talk for the men and not the kids - i dont worship bruce lee but am following his teachings at the moment and am enjoying it , any problems with how that affects you ??? (you're now back on complete ignore so i wont read any reply , wooos !)

Nope - did Kickboxing for 6 years and competed nationally and got brown belt Shotokan karate - never done a martial art in my life. :roll: :lol:

You however would get battered by a half seasoned pub brawler - first proper whack on the head, you'd shit yourself and go crying back to St Austell.

Now mind those dangerous aspirins - not even a chop sung fooey double overhead dragon badger kick with triple kong suey shrew punch saved Brucey from those little blighters.
Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Nope - did Kickboxing for 6 years and competed nationally and got brown belt Shotokan karate - never done a martial art in my life.

so why are you scared then, in my books , if you claim to be a martial artist and get challenged you can not back down, so you cant be a martial artist - come on i only got a 1st dan in wado ryu , you should win hands down , come on , chase me back to st austell (brown belt hahahahahhahahahahahaahahhahaha - sorry just pissing myself )

I reckon you two should meet up for a fight...........If we all chip in a tenner each, there's going to be quite a pot worth fighting for

just give matty the money , i'll do it for fun, so count me in

---- matty , you're of my ignore list for a while, this is getting fun again, wriggle wriggle , back down , back down - been here before havnt we :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
thedeadly

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:56 pm

deadly the white belt and mattly the brown belt (for thick people, substitute the word belt for dog) :lol: :lol: :lol:

thedeadly

Postby Matt-e-boy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:02 pm

Not in the slightest bit scared. I just don't want to meet up with some oddball and have a fight. Quite normal I believe.

Martial arts is only about trying to prove you're hard if you're a schoolkid. Which it appears you are.

And as loads have pointed out here, it's all very well prancing around in pyjamas shouting "DIE" as you chop at an invisible foe, but it means bugger all in real life - a place you don't seem to have visited for many, many years.

Now come on, reply and make yourself look even more of a tit.

Oh and just so everyone is aware, when Chai Wallah started making a complete arse of Deadly (not hard), Deadly PM'd him with some threats :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

Postby noah's_arc » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:04 pm

deadly - you need to get out more.

Threatening someone on a surf forum and trying to arrange to meet up for a fight really is class 1 cuntishnesh.

Go and get laid and get it out of your system.
noah's_arc

Postby Mabolsa Ritchie » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:18 pm

I'm trying to post some Ennio Morricone background music for effect, but alas it's not letting me :?
Mabolsa Ritchie

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:28 pm

Oh and just so everyone is aware, when Chai Wallah started making a complete arse of Deadly (not hard), Deadly PM'd him with some threats

oh and just so everybody is aware , matty is in fact lying and i can prove this by posting all the PMs - so where are the threats mattyboy - you say i make myself look like a twat, you're so funny
Re: Improve Your Surfing Performance
Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:47 pm
To: Chai Wallah

Chai Wallah wrote:
In case I am on your foe list I think you should read this and start to wise up

Deaders - if you ever met me or my family, you would realise that the racist comment is like calling Gandhi a war monger or the pope a pagan. But somehow I do not expect anymore from an aggressive little oik who claims to be a zen master but could not recognize the most important tenents of zen , could not cope that zen is a form of buddhism, has never lived in the east, probably has no eastern friends or real understanding of the east, its culture, history or religions.

For your reference I have trained with ppl who had left the west to study martial arts in there origins, which included one guy who had mastered the legendary one inch punch and was the Asian heavy weight kick boxing champion despite being 40 and only a light middleweight.

fuck off with your drivel - i opened this because i thought you may have something constuctive to say - you misquote me on everything i say , your words are empty words mainly beginning with I this and I that - i dont have time for your subtle trollery so i will open only one more message from you

deaders

Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 pm
by thedeadly

Chai Wallah wrote:
Look at the question you asked, you asked are you staori and I answered correctly

Ask the right question and you will get the right answer

so you've had the experience then (of no mind)
Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm
by thedeadly

Chai Wallah wrote:
No only living buddhas or ppl that have reached enlightment are Satori

Zen - a form of budhism

and delete your racist accusation

wrong on both counts

1 satori means understanding - glimpses of budha mind

2 you cant answer number 2, if you try to you know nothing about it

there are other routes to satori not involving sitting meditation etc - i'm not going into it , you can discover for yourself - buhda mind is within all of us, you just have to realise it !!!- why look for something you already have !!
Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:13 pm
by thedeadly

Chai Wallah wrote:
grow up

ok i've grown up - answer these two questions

1 - are you Satori ??

2 - what is zen ??

now see if you can be grown up and answer them
Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 pm
by thedeadly

PS - your racism is saying that because i come from the west i wouldnt't understand - like Mr Lee said , everybody has two arms and two leg

Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:40 pm

Chai Wallah wrote:
No only living buddhas or ppl that have reached enlightment are Satori

Zen - a form of budhism

and delete your racist accusation

wrong on both counts

1 satori means understanding - glimpses of budha mind

2 you cant answer number 2, if you try to you know nothing about it

there are other routes to satori not involving sitting meditation etc - i'm not going into it , you can discover for yourself - buhda mind is within all of us, you just have to realise it !!!- why look for something you already have !!

Sent at: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 pm

Chai Wallah wrote:
Look at the question you asked, you asked are you staori and I answered correctly

Ask the right question and you will get the right answer

so you've had the experience then (of no mind)
See reality in its suchness !
thedeadly

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:53 pm

This all kicked off nearly a year ago & I remember Matty saying to his missus :

'That's me away out dear '

'Oh yeah , where are you off to ?'

'To fight some bloke off the Internet'

'OK - see you later'

LMFAO and still cracks me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:01 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:This all kicked off nearly a year ago & I remember Matty saying to his missus :

'That's me away out dear '

'Oh yeah , where are you off to ?'

'To fight some bloke off the Internet'

'OK - see you later'

LMFAO and still cracks me up :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

me too - the excuses :lol:

actually it started more like 3 or 4 years ago when mattyboy moved down here and was having trouble finding somewhere to train martial arts, as i was having the same problem with clubs at the time i suggested that we could go and have a surf and then do some training together including some sparring, basicaly i was offering to help the guy till he found his feet down here in the martial arts world - say no more - now evry time i mention it he thinks i want to beat him up - sad really but still fun to throw a bit of fuel on the fire every now and then when its flat :lol: :lol: :lol:
thedeadly

Postby Matt-e-boy » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:15 pm

Hey Deadly, should you ever find anyone to co-habit with and actually get married, you'll find this a great read:

Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:17 pm

i'm presuming that last post of mattys was an apology for lying about my PMs but i dont care as i'm not reading it
thedeadly

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Back on the Ignore List Deadly ? :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby thedeadly » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:30 pm

by Matteeboy on Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:43 am

Deadly and I have already talked about having a spar but a friendly one (I think).

so what happened then twatty ????
thedeadly

Postby Freddie_89 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:10 pm

this fight should be filmed, you will probably jus cancel each other out as you are both exactly the same as each other - childish and arrogant!!!!
Freddie_89

Postby ham'n'salad » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:09 pm

^^^^^^ what he said

suggestion for ben,
give you two a private forum where you can try to prove your better than each other so the rest of us dont have to sift through pages upon pages of bullshit to find a sensible post

your like girls constantly posing and nagging each other instead of having a scrap and getting it over with
I have the body of a god...shame its buddah

[url]eoinkeyes.blogspot.com[/url]
ham'n'salad

Postby surfinsmiler » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:41 pm

ham'n'salad said
"your like girls constantly posing and nagging each other instead of having a scrap and getting it over with[/quote]"

Careful now ham you're risking the wrath of the deadlier(no pun intended) half of the species and they use their stilletos to lobotomise you where I come from.
Ease up fellas,flat spells are hell but combat really is a bitch.Push the aggression on 'til the next decent swell hits and then tear that up instead.Better use of your energy.
Started out in life with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
surfinsmiler

Postby ham'n'salad » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:16 pm

suppose :roll:

but they pay alot of attention to each other for people who are supposed to have each other on ignore
I have the body of a god...shame its buddah

[url]eoinkeyes.blogspot.com[/url]
ham'n'salad

Postby Matt-e-boy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:10 am

Freddie_89 wrote:this fight should be filmed, you will probably jus cancel each other out as you are both exactly the same as each other - childish and arrogant!!!!

I thought you were at grown up university now? Where such fairy tale stuff is revealed as not true?

Ham - look at the title. Despite our "childish" arguing, there is a lot of relevant content. So either ignore it or shut up.
Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

Postby lostboy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:45 am

I'm enjoying it, carry on!

Especially liked Chai Wallah also getting pulled into the gayness with the revelation that he knows a friend who has 'mastered' the one inch punch. Lol!
Kill. Destroy. Plunder.
lostboy

Postby geno provolone » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:49 am

quite entertaining. I LOVE it.

seriously, if either of you were real about your fighting prowess, you would be much more low key.

How bout this... I'll buy a six pack, you guys thumb wrestle, winner gets the bottle opener. loser must use his teeth.
but until that happens...
Gents to your corners, DING , Now mix it up.
new and improved mello geno
geno provolone

Postby CaptainHands » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:12 am

You guys crack me up. CAPTAIN HANDS would destroy both of you with a blindfold on.

POW! Adder lash to the temple, SMASH! Horse kick to the groin, CRUNCH! Hippo stamp on the throat.

Your schoolboy argument makes CAPTAIN HANDS laugh. You have such big mouths that I'd probably end up hitting the back of your throats when I delivered a lizard punch to your teeth.

I'd happily squeeze your heads until your eyes pop out. Then when I'd finished with you I'd drink a pint of your weak, pitiful tears!
CaptainHands

Postby johnjohn » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:15 am

Hippo stamp

:lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry, just thought that was worthy of acknowledgement
johnjohn

Postby Matt-e-boy » Tue Jun 17, 2008 10:18 am

CaptainHands wrote:You guys crack me up. CAPTAIN HANDS would destroy both of you with a blindfold on.

POW! Adder lash to the temple, SMASH! Horse kick to the groin, CRUNCH! Hippo stamp on the throat.

Your schoolboy argument makes CAPTAIN HANDS laugh. You have such big mouths that I'd probably end up hitting the back of your throats when I delivered a lizard punch to your teeth.

I'd happily squeeze your heads until your eyes pop out. Then when I'd finished with you I'd drink a pint of your weak, pitiful tears!

Love it!
Captain Hands for Prime Minister! :lol: :lol:
Astronnomee innit
Matt-e-boy

PreviousNext

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)