No mood for work

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

No mood for work

Postby malpractice » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:05 pm

Been in the water 4 hours today. Stoke is off the scale. Now I am staring at a large pile of work, in work at an empty office.

All I want to do now is eat a nice meal, plenty of veg and greens, drink a gallon of orange juice and sleep. Unfortunately looks like I will have to settle for a microwave curry and work until midnight.

Going to have another cup of tea and hope that improves the situation.
malpractice

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:10 pm

Atleast you've been in the water!

I got much the same to do this eve. Its killing me! We got the van over a weekago but still havn't got sand in it. Bah!
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

Postby frameline » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:11 pm

Mate, keep stoked, you managed to sneak in 4 hours of quality water time, and still do the daily grind of work, you beat 99% of us... I was up at 5 this morning and drove to Bantham in the hope of some before work surf, but only found 1-2 foot if that, still was fun knee paddling my mates longboard round in circles.
frameline

Postby alec » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:31 pm

Looks like you had a pretty awesome day mind. (from the other thread).
Working this evening, gets you a new leash + able to hit the water tomorrow.
No prospect of E. coast waves this WE, slim chance of nicking off early on Friday to try + catch some Welsh swell. You're doing way better than a landlocked kook like me.
alec

Postby malpractice » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:46 pm

If its any consellation I am in huge amounts of debt and have a shit job with pathetic pay that doesnt utilise my degree and has little or no satisfaction. Its busy but mind numbingly tedious.

I was going to go on and on, but decided that was enough.

I sometimes I question my decision to move to Cornwall, leaving all my friends, family, career prospects and my home town. The thought doesn't stay in my mind for very long however. I do feel blessed now I can get to the beach almost every day. As with everything in life, you don't get anything out if you don't make the effort.
malpractice

Postby alec » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:08 pm

We've got a long-term plan to head down that way in a couple of years, when my daughters a bit older.

Getting the balance right is a lifelong task I recon. You're not going to regret following your dreams. Careers are over-rated IMHO. I've just escaped from a job which was challenging, mostly good, but was expected to put in stupid hours. Doesn't compare with now when I can ride to work, see my family + mates loads more, live within 5 mins of great mountainbiking, and get to sly off to the coast loads more regularly than I could. Lifes too short. You know how right it feels having a good session in the water. Better to have that on your doorstep than constantly on your mind in a landlocked career-job.
alec

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)