Open Water

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Open Water

Postby malpractice » Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:21 pm

Watched this film the other day. Have to say I thought it was very good and I liked the film style and sound, made for a real thriller.

I was expecting a jaws-a-like. What I actually saw was much different and better, there are no special effects used and all the sharks are real! It only cost $130,000 to make.

I would like to add that I am never going offshore diving.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374102/
malpractice

Postby mouse » Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:38 pm

Really? You thought it was good? I thought it was rubbish. But I did watch it towards the end of a 23 hour flight. But. Ruins film, so in tiny: Just how did she sink herself in her wetsuit at the end if she'd taken her weight belt off? That really annoyed me. Is it not impossible? And why didn't they tie themselves together? And why didn't they both get more sunburnt? And and and.
mouse

Postby malpractice » Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:30 pm

Okay, I agree about the ending. Didnt spoil the film though.
malpractice

Open Water

Postby NorthSeaMonster » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:51 pm

Thanks for being considerate mouse :D I just added it to my rental list and then I started trying to read what you wrote tiny. Then I'm like, what the heck am I doing! It'll wreck the film...
"Human, all too human..."
NorthSeaMonster

Postby thedeadly » Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:58 pm

Just how did she sink herself in her wetsuit at the end if she'd taken her weight belt off? That really annoyed me. Is it not impossible? And why didn't they tie themselves together? And why didn't they both get more sunburnt? And and and.

cos its a film and 99.999% of people that will see it havn't got a clue what a wetsuit is let alone the extra float it gives you - they didn't tie themselves together because it adds more susspence to the film (i asume , not having seen it) - oh , and actors don't get sunburnt ever ! except when they crash planes in the desert but it wouldn't have shown being B&W :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
thedeadly

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)