The random sh*t thread.

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Re: The random sh*t thread.

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:45 pm

Poo Stance

Postby danny1 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:08 pm

That is crazy

The Makran coast was explored for surf potential by Stuart Butler and a frnech bloke called yep a few times....think they found some good waves. I think some of the south devon lads who used to come on here know start B

here you go did some googleling http://www.surfline.com/travel/tripwire ... fm?id=1334
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Kamikaze » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:43 am

Kamikaze

Postby Poo Stance » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:03 pm

Old humanoid skull found...

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013 ... CMP=twt_gu

Any time a scientist says 'we've got this figured out' they are probably wrong. It's not the end of the story.
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:10 pm

Not really too sure about all of this Google+ stuff but seen the 'new terms of service' mentioned a few times now in relation to advertising.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2013/10 ... ement-ads/

Prob not everyone's cuppa tea.
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:59 pm

Any budding cavers out there?

http://cavemaps.org/index.htm
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:03 am

This is cracking stuff. All shot on a GoPro.

http://youtu.be/5vGYhBuSdvI
Poo Stance

Postby Kamikaze » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:41 am

Ring this number before 10am

0141 552 5646.
Kamikaze

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:57 am

Glasgow number - what's the story ?

EDIT : Kubla Khan's ......................... I've eaten in there ....................... too much red meat ! Wildebeest, Ostrich, Warthog and lots of other stuff to the point you are sick of the site of it .........
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Kamikaze » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:16 pm

Well might be going there in a couple of weeks, sound right up my street.

To much red meat, man the fuck up! it's not possible.
Kamikaze

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:55 pm

give us a shout & I'll let you buy me a beer :mrgreen:
ATTMFKH

Postby Kamikaze » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I am very generous like that.

Probably won't be able to do this trip, but will prob be up again sometime in 2014.

Which bit of Glasgee do you live, I usually stay at an airport hotel so there's an easy escape route back to civilization.
Kamikaze

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:27 pm

Don't live in Glasgow mate but can get there pretty swiftly. Especially if your buying :wink: Bring your rubber gear and if there's waves I'll lend you a board.
ATTMFKH

Postby defever » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:47 am

defever

Postby Prince William » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Don't live in Glasgow mate but can get there pretty swiftly. Especially if your buying :wink: Bring your rubber gear and if there's waves I'll lend you a board.

Rubbers? Or wetsuits? Ha, there ya go ATTMFKH. I'm stooping down to your level. Did you see that? I made a homosexual joke aboot you two. Quite so....Quite so.....

Hey, now I'm no Scottish geography major, but living in or near Glasgow would put you quite away from any coastline with decent surf, correct? Oh, I get it now.
Prince William

Postby Chris F » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:09 pm

Prince William wrote:in or near Glasgow would put you quite away from any coastline with decent surf, correct?

So very incorrect. Scotland is a small place - look at the scale of your map. If you are struggling, ask a highschool kid to help you with this.
Chris F

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:29 pm

don't forget the Americans think that Scotland is next to Kazakhstan.
Kamikaze

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:23 pm

This could be useful to someone.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=56f_1385557286

Stove-in-a-can :D
Poo Stance

Postby defever » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:45 pm

^^ GENIUS!

I'll be doing this somewhere in Ireland this Christmas. Heat some water, pour it in my wet cold boots/gloves/wetsuit, voila cold wet wetsuit experience just got better!*

*Risk of scalding if the water is too hot and you put the gear on too quickly!
defever

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:17 am

Mate - I'm pretty sure I fucked the seals on my gloves pouring hot water into them... maybe don't boil the water fully if so. Or just get stitched gloves rather than fancy glued ones.
Poo Stance

Postby roberdy » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:05 am

Poo Stance wrote:Mate - I'm pretty sure I fucked the seals with my gloves pouring hot water into them... maybe don't boil the water fully if so. Or just get stitched gloves rather than fancy glued ones.

You fuck seals with gloves on? weird-o
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby defever » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:57 am

ha! English language is funny.

Quite so....

Quite so...
defever

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:30 pm

roberdy wrote:
Poo Stance wrote:Mate - I'm pretty sure I fucked the seals with my gloves pouring hot water into them... maybe don't boil the water fully if so. Or just get stitched gloves rather than fancy glued ones.

You fuck seals with gloves on? weird-o

I take it you go gloveless then? The seals up here aren't as clean as your southern hemi one don't ya nae.
Poo Stance

Postby Chris F » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:41 pm

Kamikaze wrote:don't forget the Americans think that Scotland is next to Kazakhstan.

Quite so, quite so.

Meanwhile it's actualy Khazi-stan which is next door! :-D
Chris F

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:46 pm

Ouch. That hurt.
Poo Stance

Postby Prince William » Sat Nov 30, 2013 1:42 am

Chris F wrote:
Prince William wrote:in or near Glasgow would put you quite away from any coastline with decent surf, correct?

So very incorrect. Scotland is a small place - look at the scale of your map. If you are struggling, ask a highschool kid to help you with this.

You guys always have to go withe the "Americans are dumb" thang, huh? New Jersey is "smaller" than Scotland.......MUCH smaller. But if you lived on the western edges you're looking at a 60-80 minute drive.

So looking at Glasgow, it's at least an hour away to an exposed beach. So I guess it's all relative, huh, Chris F?

KAMIKAZE, how's your stand-up act going? I have an idea. Buy a bunch of stuffed animals(if you don't already have a collection) and deliver your act to them. Pretend they're people in a comedy club. As your act progresses, buy more stuffed animals - enough to fill a stadium. Then you can pretend your playing to a big hall.
Prince William

Postby Kamikaze » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:15 pm

I doubt a stand up act that consisted of repeating jokes from sickipedia would get very far. Although funnily enough sickipedia is another site that has issues with the septics.

Has anyone ever been on a predominantly American site? Do they look upon us in the same way as we do the yanks on here?

I just kind of imagine the following response to ATTFMHKJQ's first post:-

"holy muther fucker of bejeesus, why's this here limey being polite, and why the darn tootin is his spelling, grammar and punctuation always correct? Where's ma best semi-automatic machine gun, I'm gonna shoot up a primary school, teach this limey why we are the greatest country on Gods earth"
Kamikaze

Postby Prince William » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:05 pm

Kamikaze wrote:I doubt a stand up act that consisted of repeating jokes from sickipedia would get very far. Although funnily enough sickipedia is another site that has issues with the septics.

Has anyone ever been on a predominantly American site? Do they look upon us in the same way as we do the yanks on here?

I just kind of imagine the following response to ATTFMHKJQ's first post:-

"holy muther fucker of bejeesus, why's this here limey being polite, and why the darn tootin is his spelling, grammar and punctuation always correct? Where's ma best semi-automatic machine gun, I'm gonna shoot up a primary school, teach this limey why we are the greatest country on Gods earth"

Nah, Americans would be cool with you. We don't have poor self-esteem issues, that must be bolstered by putting others down in order to pick ourselves up. We have surpassed The UK a long time ago.

Do you really want to have a competition of achievements and intellectuals from both regions......contributions to the world? Really??

Oh yeah, all of youse guys are so polite and have perfect grammar. Quite so....quite so.......
Prince William

Postby defever » Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:12 pm

Prince William wrote:Do you really want to have a competition of achievements and intellectuals from both regions......contributions to the world? Really??

Yes, please. Tell us how much you know about your own country, DUDE.
defever

Postby Prince William » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:50 pm

defever wrote:
Prince William wrote:Do you really want to have a competition of achievements and intellectuals from both regions......contributions to the world? Really??

Yes, please. Tell us how much you know about your own country, DUDE.

We developed the lightbulb...........the telephone......the nuclear bomb.........made guns right, too, didn't invent them but perfected them..........ummm created the modern democracy, so basically we showed everybody how to live

Ben Franklin..........Albert Einstein...............John Steinbeck................George W. Bush...........

Ahh this is pointless. You guys can't match any of this. Quite so...quite so..... Churchill was a fat drunk............Oh yeah we saved you from the Germans. YES we did. Yeah you guy's were doing REAL well before we entered. And we supplied you before we entered too. Sorry it took us so long to get involved. No, the Soviets didn't win it. They fought on their turf on ONE front. The Americans fought everywhere from Africa to Europe to the Pacific......
Prince William

PreviousNext

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)