Old gits whining

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Re: Old gits whining

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:15 pm

Chris F wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:
Philshoz wrote:People who post an ad selling something and don't respond to emails....... :-x

How about a guy agrees to buy yer board , says he'll pay on Monday, you sort out courier & packaging and then he doesn't reply to PM's / vanishes :evil:

I hope that's nothing to do with DS on my side? I know he's off on hols for a week.

All cool Chris - owe you a pint - DS paid on the button , Paisley Freight (TNT) picked up yesterday morn so it should be at the Scotty fellas now in InchMarlo
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Philshoz » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:27 pm

OBESITY

There,I said it.
What are people thinking getting so damn huge. Excuses; big boned, genetic, tried diets they just don't work!!!! :shock:
Control your eating habits people, eat LESS ffs.
Try a little exercise, it won't kill you. There again it just might, hey ho. Less burden on the NHS. Talking of which, having to beef up an ambulkance to carry the fat f***e*s to the hospital, my god, who is paying for that?

Calmez-toi Phil, relax...............................
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Sir your 3 kg over your allowance , that will be €30 ................ & what about the fat bastard who is probably 30kg over his weight allowance .......... what do we want , a fat tax for air travellers , when do we want it ........NOW :twisted:
ATTMFKH

Postby danny1 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 3:40 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Sir your 3 kg over your allowance , that will be €30 ................ & what about the fat bastard who is probably 30kg over his weight allowance .......... what do we want , a fat tax for air travellers , when do we want it ........NOW :twisted:

^^^ i dont lknow why oleary hasnt tried this yet...it should be pay by weight
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Philshoz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:49 am

And now Airbus are proposing aisle seats two inches bigger at the expense of the other two seats.......... :evil:
Philshoz

Postby Philchapman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:37 am

"But it's my metabolism!"..... Bollocks. It's the crap you shove down your throat. Obese people actually have a FASTER meabolism to (try to) cope with the increased load on their overburdened system. Calories in VS calories used, always has been, always will be. So there.
Philchapman

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 am

^^ secretly he's a feeder :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby Philchapman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 am

That's right! As Frank Zappa once sang, "The bigger the cushion, the better the pushin'"...!!! :lol:
Philchapman

Postby Philchapman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:33 am

Quickly changing the subject.....

Arty Farty types who talk bollocks for the sake of it, that nobody else can understand. But then, it must be deep if you can't understand it, right? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmXd8Y2LPE
Philchapman

Postby Philchapman » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:50 am

Philchapman

Postby Philshoz » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:33 pm

We've all got a few people that piss us off.
I'll get this rolling.....................

Moustachioed, bloaty, song interrupting DJ...............Steve Wright.

Thigh slapping Geordie fool.......................Matt Baker.

Stiff necked, talks through his teeth, snooker waffler.............John Virgo.

Brummy, Christine Bleakley stalker, football fanatic.................Adrian Chiles.

Please add...............
Philshoz

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Philshoz wrote:
Thigh slapping Geordie fool.......................Matt Baker.

Oh god yes I just want to slap him continually with a slightly off brown trout.
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:47 am

Philchapman wrote:"But it's my metabolism!"..... Bollocks. It's the crap you shove down your throat. Obese people actually have a FASTER meabolism to (try to) cope with the increased load on their overburdened system. Calories in VS calories used, always has been, always will be. So there.

it doesn't help that the more you eat, the more adipose cells (fat storage cells) divide (and they don't die off again..once they are there, they are there to stay), the easier it is to store fat

so the more you eat, the easier it becomes to get fat, and the harder it becomes to lose it again.

Calories in vs calories out is valid up to a certain point, but there comes a time when your body starts grabbing onto as much of the precious fat as possible, and weight loss stops...hormones need to be "reset" at this point
Vince Noir

Postby Philchapman » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:06 am

/\ Oi! I thought you were a young 'un? Clear off to your own thread whydontcha, with all your new fangled "knowledge" and stuff! Obviously there are many factors... the emotional side is a big one in my opinion, and what that says about the culture we live in. All that extra "padding" to insulate ourselves against the world, etc. Or to numb the feelings. (Not me though. I live in my own little world as much as possible, and only venture out to post on surf forums).
Philchapman

Postby Vince Noir » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 am

well tell old messieurs waxer and philsoz to get back in their wheelchairs and stay out our thread! :lol:
Vince Noir

Postby Philshoz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:17 pm

Vince Noir wrote:well tell old messieurs waxer and philsoz to get back in their wheelchairs and stay out our thread! :lol:

What did he say Waxer??

philsoz (sic) soz Vince
Philshoz

Postby waxer00 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:48 am

Philshoz wrote:
Vince Noir wrote:well tell old messieurs waxer and philsoz to get back in their wheelchairs and stay out our thread! :lol:

What did he say Waxer??

philsoz (sic) soz Vince

i`ll have to turn my `earin aid up, bloody young turks invading our turf.mind ,i suspect vince to be older than noah imself
waxer00

Postby Philshoz » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:49 am

Here's another............

Romantic weekend away with the other half, nice hotel/B & B. Long bath, on with the best kit.
Down for a slap-up, two bottles of splosh.
Retire to room,..........................(I was going to say fill in the gap but decided against it)
Out for the count until..........you wake up an hour later sweating like a rapist because there is a fucking incontinent sheet under everything and you have to strip the whole bed........... :-x :-x
Philshoz

Postby Vince Noir » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:59 am

Philshoz wrote:(I was going to say fill in the gap but decided against it)

:lol:
Vince Noir

Postby Underdog » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:27 pm

Tinted Windows on Cars.

WTF are they all about? It seems to me that the only people who use these are have something to hide.

They are a complete nightmare when cycling past junctions cos you don't get eye contact and therefore have no idea whether these wankers have seen you or not.

Absolutly no need for them at all; if your eyes have become that sensitive to daylight light then sort then out:-
a) stop wearing your fucking singlasses indoors;
b) cut down on the PS3: and
c) try getting out of bed whilst it is still daytime.

You don't look like a Film Star - your driving a fucking Astra for Christs sake.
Godrevy; Just like surfing. but smaller (and without the power)
Underdog

Postby swiggy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:21 am

I tinted my windows because it helps me keep a much lower profile/have some privacy when I'm sleeping in the car. I can sleep in it and nobody knows I am there because you can't see in (I went for really dark tint), so the car just looks parked rather than being slept in. Some places you would probably get hassled for sleeping there.

As an old git I guess you never go on trips and sleep in a car :wink: :lol:
swiggy

Postby Kamikaze » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:51 am

Underdog wrote:Tinted Windows on Cars.

WTF are they all about? It seems to me that the only people who use these are have something to hide.

They are a complete nightmare when cycling past junctions cos you don't get eye contact and therefore have no idea whether these wankers have seen you or not.

Absolutly no need for them at all; if your eyes have become that sensitive to daylight light then sort then out:-
a) stop wearing your fucking singlasses indoors;
b) cut down on the PS3: and
c) try getting out of bed whilst it is still daytime.

You don't look like a Film Star - your driving a fucking Astra for Christs sake.

Oi I'll have you know its a mondeo. I need the privacy glass as the kids are really ugly and scare people at bus stops!
Kamikaze

Postby Underdog » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Underdog wrote: It seems to me that the only people who use these are have something to hide
swiggy wrote:I tinted my windows because it helps me keep a much lower profile
I Rest my case :-D
swiggy wrote:As an old git I guess you never go on trips and sleep in a car :wink: :lol:
As an Old Git I go on loads of trips - many of which involve free camping. Got a LWB T4 Caravelle with 100% clear glass all the way round. Just close the curtains in the back , put up the (false) bulkhead and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz the night away. We don't bother trying to camp beachside cos we stick out like the proverbial but had many a night in residential areas and City centres with no problem.
Godrevy; Just like surfing. but smaller (and without the power)
Underdog

Postby surfrat » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:20 am

i love this thread.......

my personal pet hate at the moment is the chav kids walking around with loud shit music blaring from their phones....have they never heard of headphones ffs. why subject us all to this crap. back in the day a walkman and headphones made you super cool now they need to share....i don't want them to share. turn it off!!!
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Postby Back to Top » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:20 am

Fecking twats in BMW's and the like who think that the gap I left between me and the car in front can be made larger by forcing their way in because their overtaking manoveur couldnt wait the extra 30 seconds til the next dual carriageway bit on the North Devon Link rd. :evil:

On another driving note, people who dont thank you when you pull over on a country lane/narrow bit, how much effort does it take to raise your hand, probably worn out by all that wanking, wankers!!

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:56 am

Back to Top wrote:Fecking twats in BMW's and the like who think that the gap I left between me and the car in front can be made larger by forcing their way in because their overtaking manoveur couldnt wait the extra 30 seconds til the next dual carriageway bit on the North Devon Link rd. :evil:

On another driving note, people who dont thank you when you pull over on a country lane/narrow bit, how much effort does it take to raise your hand, probably worn out by all that wanking, wankers!!

the last bit , you can usually tell when you ain't getting a wave , it's at this point they get a swift finger back from me ............ although I've got it wrong a couple of times :oops: :oops:
ATTMFKH

Postby WP101 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:28 pm

wankers who think they can control the speed limit on single track roads up to the north coast of scotland by not pulling over when you need to get past, forgetting that i know these roads very well and do not want to travel at 40/50mph max and not everyone on these roads in summer is a tourist.

annoying but not as bad. when you pull over and flash someone through only to have them stop then try to flash you through when your already stopped using the break in progress to open a sarnie or send a text..wankers
WP101

Postby roberdy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:10 pm

WP101 wrote:wankers who think they can control the speed limit on single track roads up to the north coast of scotland by not pulling over when you need to get past, forgetting that i know these roads very well and do not want to travel at 40/50mph max and not everyone on these roads in summer is a tourist.

Helmsdeep to Melvdor road is just this, fricken Swiss tourists in the campervans ignoring you when you are trying to get past, only way is to wait for them to pull in for someone coming the other way and overtake and pull in right in front of them !
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby surfinsmiler » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:57 pm

roberdy wrote:
WP101 wrote:wankers who think they can control the speed limit on single track roads up to the north coast of scotland by not pulling over when you need to get past, forgetting that i know these roads very well and do not want to travel at 40/50mph max and not everyone on these roads in summer is a tourist.

Helmsdeep to Melvdor road is just this, fricken Swiss tourists in the campervans ignoring you when you are trying to get past, only way is to wait for them to pull in for someone coming the other way and overtake and pull in right in front of them !

Not to mention all the Orcs trying to breakdown the walls.
Started out in life with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
surfinsmiler

Postby roberdy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:09 pm

surfinsmiler wrote:
roberdy wrote:

Not to mention all the Orcs trying to breakdown the walls.

Ha, ha, if you know the road you'll get what I mean, really open country up north and nice wooded valley down south :)
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

PreviousNext

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)