Old Skool Skaters

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Old Skool Skaters

Postby slopsurfer » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:22 am

For those a little long in the tooth or those into their skate history get a free download of bones brigade classic animal chin here :)

http://bonesbrigade.com/collectordeck/? ... lch.in_l9Q

not much work getting done here this morning lol
"Mahape a ale wala'ua"
(Don't talk- Keep it in your heart)
Duke Kahanamoku
slopsurfer

Re: Old Skool Skaters

Postby flacky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:37 am

haha, got it on VHS still, along with streets on fire this film changed my life.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby slopsurfer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:12 pm

Public Domain was my epiphany lol
Streets on fire was quality too
"Mahape a ale wala'ua"
(Don't talk- Keep it in your heart)
Duke Kahanamoku
slopsurfer

Postby flacky » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:04 pm

Yeah, PD was class. I was amazed with Claus Grabke and of course Natas in Streets on Fire, then Animal Chin turned up and that was me, RAMPS!!!!!! Wer were pretty blessed in the NW. We had Warrington and Wigan both had indoor half pipes, Liverpool had a massive concrete bowl and some metal ramps, Manchester was great for street, Bury had the pyramid park, Southport had the snake run. Then there was home town st helens with the multi storey car park with banked walls down the ramps... So much fun. Only stopped skating two years ago, we have a concrete park here in Warrington, used to skate there with Pete Dosset of Death Box fame occasionally.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby Philshoz » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:11 am

[quote="flacky"]Liverpool had a massive concrete bowl and some metal ramps, quote]

Was that Edge Lane Flacky? I discovered that in 1975 when it was just a kids playground. Pretty sure I was the first to skate it.

Basically a bowl with a metal arching climbing frame spanning it (duck!!). It was later developed and the metal stuff added.

This was when I lived in Southport, pre skateparks and used to drive arround looking for suitable terrain. Happy days.
http://philshorrock.blogspot.fr/
Philshoz

Postby flacky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah Phil, Edge Lane. Death bowl. You had to skate around the potholes. At the deep end of the bowl there was a railing separating it from the playground, we used to try to ollie or air over it, saw one lad make a real mess of his jaw on there once.

Southport ruled, summer saturdays were spent there, I dropped in on the big vert slide they put in the snake run... Very scary. My folks had a caravan in N Wales, so also got a good run at the snake run in Rhyl. The bowl went over very there... Mayhem.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby Matt Rose » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 am

I remember watching the Guerrero part of this for the first time, changed street skating, me and my mates got our boards and went mental after watching it :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVDEG62PfXk
Matt Rose

Postby flacky » Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:47 am

Johnny Rad in the background... Class.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)