Go-Pro HD - Trust the Sticky ?

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Go-Pro HD - Trust the Sticky ?

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm

One for you photo sluts - probably answered on the forum somewhere , but .............

What's the script with the Go-Pro sticky board mounts - seem to remember a few lost cameras on here : True or False ?

Better getting an FCS (?) plug or what ?

Not for me , it's for a mate :wink:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Re: Go-Pro HD - Trust the Sticky ?

Postby waxer00 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:16 pm

i had the go pro big round sticky pad on the nose of a board i have since sold.that bugger was`nt going anywhere.i think i would have had to sand the thing off if i wanted to get rid of it.
waxer00

Postby roberdy » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:05 pm

Got em on three boards at the moment, got one of the original big feckers on my Bonzer, been there since 2010 and hasn't moved, been out in solid overhead surf and it has taken a few beastings and all is well. The new smaller ones seem to be pretty bloody good too, short of knocking the thing off with your body while wiping out I doubt anything else will knock them off, unless you put them on wrong...
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Chris F » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:23 pm

I've got one of the slightly smaller ones with a footprint just bigger than the mount. I loaned my epoxy log to a mate and he mounted his GoPro on the mount, slid forward and knocked it off. The mount held, but it took off the top layer of the skin!. Moral; you should be OK unless you are a dick, and if in doubt attach a lifejacket and a luminous ribbon which will unfurl if it comes off, a bit like powder traces on skis.
Chris F

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Cheers Gents - will pass the good news onto the Janitor - maybe get some shots posted up here 'arthritic stylee' ....aye 8)
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)