ipad or ipad mini?

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

ipad or ipad mini?

Postby Archy_is_God » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:30 pm

Never owned either, but do have a MB Pro...

Pros and cons of both from any owners out there would be appreciated please? (Above the obvious things like 'the mini is smaller' or the ipad 'has a bigger screen'.. :lol: )

Portability is an aspect I'm looking for, but I know it will also be used at home a lot too... Unlikely to be watching films much TBH, but wouldn't mind keeping my old itunes library for my Nano on it as a backup, so 64GB would be nice, 32GB if not.

What are the cameras like?

I'm looking at spending £450ish, credit limit allowing :D
Archy_is_God

Re: ipad or ipad mini?

Postby Leedsol » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:56 pm

IPad I'd say. We just got a second and were faced with the dilemna. Original size just as portable with a good cover, sandstrom have excellent cheap covers.

Larger screen size for typing, reading and swiping and viewing. Plus if you get into any music apps the the
larger screen size is great for keyboards and the more intuitive apps such as ikaossilator, figure, loopseque. Likewise if you want to emulate David Hockney with the brushes app.

My mum, dad (late 60s) niece 10 all got ipads having checked out mine. We're all on IPAD2s and the last but one IOS, not updated to IOS6 with all the apple mapping fiasco.

Cameras on them are shit in my view.
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Re: ipad or ipad mini?

Postby danny1 » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Great for browsing

Great for viewing shiz

Great for games and apps

I cannot work on the I pad tho. Documents etc - it shuts far easier in the laptop

Dunno bout the smaller one...
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)