Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:16 pm

www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:35 pm

More from Mr Jones. How to be calm and rational on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1Ddb3oa5CE

As for Harry...

Mountain
Image

Molehill
Image
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:59 pm

Mr Jones makes me laugh. Those who are convinced by him...well. I thought Jeremy Kyle show was as bad as it can be...

Mr Jones = Minigun with poor accuracy, probably less than 5% accuracy.

Mr Morgan = Sniper rifle with 100% accuracy from 1,000 miles away.

MOX News...is this something like The Onion News? It's staged isn't it?

Thanks Poo for the entertainment. I can sleep well tonight.
defever
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 pm

As for Prince Harry's comment on shooting an Afghan is like playing a TV game, well I didn't hear it like that.

Traced back the article Roy posted; the source is linked to Yahoo! News, then another link to Daily Mail article with a 5min snippet from (upcoming?) BBC documentary on Harry in Afghanistan:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pr ... an-1548406

There's a clip towards the middle of the page.

At 03:04 onwards, Harry says something about "Play Station Xbox." The tabloids (Roy's link and Yahoo! and Daily Mail) only "quoted" what he said at around 03:25-03:34, and completely discarded his comment leading up to it. Harry did say "Play Station Xbox" but the media decided to use his phrase and twisted it as something else, quite possibly not as he meant it.

At 04:05 Harry comments on the media.

Worth 5min of your time to figure out yourself which source, Harry himself or the tabloids, carries the truth to this "Play Station Xbox" comment.

I take no side, I'm not British.
defever
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:29 pm

Harry said what he said, that's not Mr Jones' fault.

Harry said that "It's a joy for me".

A joy to invade another country on BS pretexts and then kill the residents at vast expense ....it's moronic and psychopathic, you should all be ashamed of yourself for supporting it.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:50 pm

Just out of interest, Roy, I take it that you believe/support/agree/concur/have the same view as the article you posted.

Do you believe/support/agree/concur/have the same view as this article?
http://www.theonion.com/articles/prince-harry-i-killed-talibanlooking-people,30991/

If yes, then...err. You have my sorry.

If no, then where do you draw the line? What influence you to believe one tabloid article over another?

I don't have the answer to this myself, but perhaps you can help me by sharing your view?
defever
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Also, what's the point your trying to make Roy?

You don't like Harry? You don't like that he's invaded Afghanistan?

I'm not one for war but blaming the soldiers on the ground for it is a bit of a non starter for me. And I can't really see Harry having a great deal of political input into the foreign policies of our country (can't say for certain though).

Defev - don't think it was staged. Glad you liked, sleep tight :-D
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:53 am

The publisher is irrelevant, I'm going by what came out of Harry's mouth, and it isn't good. Also, I disagree that troops share no responsibility for voluntary participation in immoral wars.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby WP101 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 am

"taking them out of the game" automatically refers to playstation? what about monopoly, cluedo, and other REAL games, what is the world coming to? :cry:
User avatar
WP101
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: 57º North

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Chris F » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:28 am

Media manipulating facts to make them easier for the masses to consume.

Chow down Roy.
Chris F
 
Posts: 6977
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:13 pm
Location: Yabberdabberdeen

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:29 pm

If only that was the only reason the media did that. :lol:

Here's some interesting viewing for all ye Alex Jones wannabes out there, might as well go in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrtNd5h2L_Q#!
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:16 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:Harry said what he said, that's not Mr Jones' fault.

Harry said that "It's a joy for me".

A joy to invade another country on BS pretexts and then kill the residents at vast expense ....it's moronic and psychopathic, you should all be ashamed of yourself for supporting it.


I don't see how you can have any objection to invading a foreign country, putting the natives to the sword, stealing their land/natural resources and moving in. You live in New Zealand.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Obelix » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:40 pm

I reckon it's awesome. The man enjoys his job.
User avatar
Obelix
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 am
Location: UK

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 pm

You people are morally f^cked supporting him... Harry describes his job killing people as " a joy".

If you don't have a problem with him a) doing the killing and b) doing it with 'joy' then you are on a very dark path.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby WP101 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:47 am

You think all soldiers should walk around in a constant state of regret about what theyre doing? Wake up! They fucking love it Roy! Thats why they signed up!
poo stance wrote:I'm not one for war but blaming the soldiers on the ground for it is a bit of a non starter for me.

I agree. The soldiers are not in a position to question weather this war is morally right or not.

When one is in the moment, which he was (or was depicted to be) you're gonna be amped, you have to be, if you're a pussy, your no use.
Try listening to an interview of a US soldier for comparison?
User avatar
WP101
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: 57º North

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 pm

What a load of BS you should be ashamed of yourself, as they should.

Those who do the killing share the responsibility, that's obvious.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby WP101 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:12 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:What a load of BS you should be ashamed of yourself, as they should.

Those who do the killing share the responsibility, that's obvious.


possibly a bit too frank i suppose but have you ever spoken to a soldier?
User avatar
WP101
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: 57º North

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 pm

WTF has that to do with it?

It's just institutionalised murder.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby WP101 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:55 pm

youre talking about prince harry, hes a soldier, if you want to understand why soldiers say what they say surely you should speak to one? i have,loads, i nearly became one also, luckily saw the light.
User avatar
WP101
 
Posts: 825
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am
Location: 57º North

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:Harry said that "It's a joy for me".


Correct.

Roy Stuart wrote:A joy to invade another country on BS pretexts and then kill the residents at vast expense


WRONGGGGG!!! I wanted to say that to you. ha.

He didn't say that.
He said: "It’s a joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think that I’m probably quite useful."

I don't see words like "invade" or "BS pretexts" or "kill the residents" or "vast expense" in that sentence.

Again, I take no side. I'm "just going by what came out of Harry's mouth".
defever
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:42 pm

One thing that gets my gripe up is when people have a good old whinge about something but aren't willing to do anything to effect a change.

So, Roy. Really. What is it that you seem to have a problem with? And what would you have us do?

If you could articulate it that would be superb. All you've done so far is post a link, misquote a active member of the armed forces and insinuate that we are 'supporting' him in his BS occupation of Afghanistan and murderous endeavours at great expense.

No one here has stated their 'support' for the prince that I can see. Yes we pay taxes which in turn pay somewhat for the wars our country participates in, but other than that there really isn't much you can level at us in terms of 'support' shown by poster here.

Can I ask what you are doing to end your own country's participation in this war, entered into on BS pretext and currently also institutionally murdering people?
http://www.nzdf.mil.nz/operations/overs ... ghanistan/
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:00 pm

defever wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:Harry said that "It's a joy for me".


Correct.

Roy Stuart wrote:A joy to invade another country on BS pretexts and then kill the residents at vast expense


WRONGGGGG!!! I wanted to say that to you. ha.

He didn't say that.
He said: "It’s a joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox, so with my thumbs I like to think that I’m probably quite useful."

I don't see words like "invade" or "BS pretexts" or "kill the residents" or "vast expense" in that sentence.

Again, I take no side. I'm "just going by what came out of Harry's mouth".


Where did I say that Harry had said that?

"It's a joy for me" refers to his killing via helicopter.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:06 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
One thing that gets my gripe up is when people have a good old whinge about something but aren't willing to do anything to effect a change.

So, Roy. Really. What is it that you seem to have a problem with? And what would you have us do?



Share your opinion, and think about it.



If you could articulate it that would be superb. All you've done so far is post a link, misquote a active member of the armed forces and insinuate that we are 'supporting' him



I did not misquote him at all.

Those who say that the troops bear no responsibility are supporting that notion, I object to that support.


Can I ask what you are doing to end your own country's participation in this war, entered into on BS pretext and currently also institutionally murdering people?
http://www.nzdf.mil.nz/operations/overs ... ghanistan/



I air my views on the subject, making myself heard is the least which I can do, and it does have an effect, however small. I also vote for the party most likely (in my opinion) to withdraw the troops.

.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:Also, I disagree that troops share no responsibility for voluntary participation in immoral wars.


Do you honestly think the defence mechanisms of any country would function if the soldiers were responsible for participating in any war?
"Sorry Sarge, me and lads don't think this ones for us. Ask the lads from Alpha Co. they like a good massacre"

The very fact accountability is taken away from them is what makes the system function. Should police officers be allowed to make up and ignore laws depending how their day is going? Do judges convict and hand down sentences based solely on their own inclinations? These people are just the stick, the tool to get the work done. Court marshals are there for a reason, to keep those sticks swinging.

OK in a perfect world we wound't need armies and so forth. But that ship sailed long ago, we have what we have and any country without a military is probably more susceptible to having their populace dicked over then not. Ie. More human rights violations and gratuitous deaths. I could be wrong tho. But if you're arguing that the war is unjust then leave Harry (or any individual soldier) out of it.

Roy Stuart wrote:If you don't have a problem with him a) doing the killing and b) doing it with 'joy' then you are on a very dark path.


So would you be OK with it if it wasn't a prince doing these actions/using these words?

Roy Stuart wrote:Those who do the killing share the responsibility, that's obvious.


And what about those that pay those that do the killing? Do they share the responsibility? I refer to the above link and ask you to look in the mirror. Even if you don't pay taxes to your government your (assumed) apathy is just as bad. Worse considering the moral stance you seem to be taking here.

But enough. More than anything Roy, I just want to know... what is your point/issue you seem to have?
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:08 pm

Harry says that his air strike activities are "a joy" to him in my opinion that is evidence of psychopathic insanity. Calling him heroic as some media sources do is equally insane.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:Also, I disagree that troops share no responsibility for voluntary participation in immoral wars.


Do you honestly think the defence mechanisms of any country would function if the soldiers were responsible for participating in any war?



Yes, if used only for legitimate defence.


The very fact accountability is taken away from them is what makes the system function.



Accountability can never really be taken away, removing legal repercussions can't do that.

I agree that the legal protection given allows the military system to function as it does, but the result is so bad that it would be better if it didn't function as it does.


Should police officers be allowed to make up and ignore laws depending how their day is going? Do judges convict and hand down sentences based solely on their own inclinations? These people are just the stick, the tool to get the work done. Court marshals are there for a reason, to keep those sticks swinging.



If they feel that they are going against their moral code they should do something about it, for example leaving their jobs.

I passed the interviews and requirements for the NZ Police force back in 1984 but didn't enter for exactly this reason.



But if you're arguing that the war is unjust then leave Harry (or any individual soldier) out of it.




I will not 'leave him out if it' as explained the responsibility for murder cannot be avoided simply because the govt says that it is ok.

Furthermore killing in a military situation where one believes that one is doing the right thing is possibly justifiable, but saying that it is a "joy" is psychopathic and morally defunct


Roy Stuart wrote:If you don't have a problem with him a) doing the killing and b) doing it with 'joy' then you are on a very dark path.


So would you be OK with it if it wasn't a prince doing these actions/using these words?




Of course not.


Roy Stuart wrote:Those who do the killing share the responsibility, that's obvious.


And what about those that pay those that do the killing? Do they share the responsibility?




Those who have a choice whether or not to pay for it and choose to do so certainly do.


I refer to the above link and ask you to look in the mirror. Even if you don't pay taxes to your government your (assumed) apathy is just as bad. Worse considering the moral stance you seem to be taking here.



I pay taxes, but have no choice in the matter unless I emigrate.

I did not vote for the current government I voted for the party most likely to withdraw from the war. I am also an active member of that political party.

.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:05 am

Roy Stuart wrote:Yes, if used only for legitimate defence.


So who decides the legitimacy? You? Me? The soldiers? An elected group? A dictator? Entering whole other realms of politica now surely?

Roy Stuart wrote:I agree that the legal protection given allows the military system to function as it does, but the result is so bad that it would be better if it didn't function as it does.


So I assume you have come to a conclusion on how the world would better function sans a military system. Or at least one where every militarised death is accounted for and litigated against. Care to share your outcomes? What would this world be like?

Roy Stuart wrote:they should do something about it, for example leaving their jobs.


And what, let their families starve? Surely by that rational you should be packing your bags and leaving NZ round about now. Or is talking about it on the internet an acceptable alternative? Maybe those police folk don't really need to quit their jobs then, just voice their concerns online. At least it may make them feel better, as opposed to actually acting on it and causing suffering of and to their own.

Roy Stuart wrote:I passed the interviews and requirements for the NZ Police force back in 1984 but didn't enter for exactly this reason.


So what, you could spell your name back in 1984? :wink: [tis a joke]

Roy Stuart wrote:as explained the responsibility for murder cannot be avoided simply because the govt says that it is ok.

Well I think it can actually, seeing as they are ones whole ultimately hold you to account for it if they choose.

Roy Stuart wrote:saying that it is a "joy" is psychopathic and morally defunct


I think you're maybe taking this out of context? I'm trying to find the interview on video but to no avail. At best I can find is another contradicting article which eluded that the statement made was made while he was relaxing playing games with his comrades. Mr. Jones' piece seems to suggest it was said when specifically talking about firing his missiles. Poor Mr Jones seems to be fighting the 'agenda' media using the tactics he so deplores. I suggest referencing more than one source before making conclusions about anything.

Roy Stuart wrote:Those who have a choice whether or not to pay for it and choose to do so certainly do...

I pay taxes, but have no choice in the matter unless I emigrate.


So you DO have a choice then? Like the police have a choice to leave their job. However, UNLIKE a soldier who faces court marshal and prison if he so chooses this option.

Roy Stuart wrote:you should all be ashamed of yourself for supporting it.


Maybe, but they way I see it, from what you are insinuating, is that you too are as much to blame for this as our young prince. And voicing opinion on the internet doesn't absolve you from the same guilt with which you try to lay upon us for (alleged by you) 'supporting' an individual going about their job.

Roy Stuart wrote:
Poo Stance wrote: And what would you have us do?

Share your opinion, and think about it.


Well in that case I'd note that people did just that and then you took to calling us 'morally f^cked'. I think in todays cyber terminology this kind of action would be called 'trolling'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
To re-cap. You posted a link, which you later admit that you want people to share their opinion on, and then proceed to take a moral high ground as you lambast them for engaging in the very action that you so desired. That's 'f^cked' if you ask me.
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions. Who know's who right, only time will answer that.
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3831
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:54 am

Roy Stuart wrote:"It's a joy for me" refers to his killing via helicopter.


WRONGGGGG!! ha, thanks for the opportunity to say this to you AGAIN, Roy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-confirms-he-killed-taliban-1548406

Video clip towards the middle of the page. At 03:02, Harry says:

“…I’m in charge of weapon systems. I think, back in… when it was two years ago when it was all decided. It was never expected, because being a junior captain, well, a lieutenant then, that I was a ‘non-grad[udate]’. Obviously not going to university, therefore normally presumed to be less intelligent, which is nice of them. Probably true. But there was a couple of us who got pushed forward to the front seat instead of the back seat. The joy, joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox. So with my thumbs I like to think that I’m probably quite useful. You can ask the guys, I thrash them in FIFA the whole time.”

I think "the joy" here refers to his dexterous thumbs, which comes handy when playing PlyStaton or Xbox games, being also happens to be useful for many buttons that's in front of him in the helicopter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21123064). He doesn't mention anything about "killing via helicopter".

Those buttons in the "helicopter" Harry is in charge may consequently lead the helicopter to fire an artillery. But he doesn't say "it's a joy for me to kill the residents" as you referred. It's a joy for him to have A JOB where he can make use of his acquired skill from his past time (PlayStation and Xbox). He's merely another individual "on the assembly line" to make the order (from his superior) happen.

I can see why you "refer" Harry's "joy" to "his kiling via helicopter" though. BUT YOU'RE WROOOONG. ha You need to BOOOOO a lot more military (and possibly political) individuals before getting to Harry.

PS. I know little about PlayStation and Xbox games but I know enough to tell you Roy that FIFA is a football game, there's no war (well...), helicopter, shooting, killing. It's not a war combat game like Call of Duty.
defever
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:17 am

Poo Stance wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:
Yes, if used only for legitimate defence.


So who decides the legitimacy? You? Me? The soldiers? An elected group? A dictator? Entering whole other realms of politica now surely?



It's up to the individual to decide whether or not to join the military.




Roy Stuart wrote:I agree that the legal protection given allows the military system to function as it does, but the result is so bad that it would be better if it didn't function as it does.


So I assume you have come to a conclusion on how the world would better function sans a military system.




Peaceful.



Roy Stuart wrote:they should do something about it, for example leaving their jobs.


And what, let their families starve?




Pursue another line of activity.



Surely by that rational you should be packing your bags and leaving NZ round about now. Or is talking about it on the internet an acceptable alternative? Maybe those police folk don't really need to quit their jobs then, just voice their concerns online. At least it may make them feel better, as opposed to actually acting on it and causing suffering of and to their own.




Each individual must make their own decision.



Roy Stuart wrote:as explained the responsibility for murder cannot be avoided simply because the govt says that it is ok.


Well I think it can actually, seeing as they are ones whole ultimately hold you to account for it if they choose.




So you believe that there is no moral responsibility for actions beyond that which is enforced by governments. Clearly there are many counter examples which wreck that theory.

Accountability goes beyond mere bureaucracy.



Roy Stuart wrote:saying that it is a "joy" is psychopathic and morally defunct


I think you're maybe taking this out of context? I'm trying to find the interview on video but to no avail.




The video interview was on one of the links on this thread.




Roy Stuart wrote:Those who have a choice whether or not to pay for it and choose to do so certainly do...

I pay taxes, but have no choice in the matter unless I emigrate.


So you DO have a choice then? Like the police have a choice to leave their job. However, UNLIKE a soldier who faces court marshal and prison if he so chooses this option.




He doesn't have to join up in the first place, unless conscripted.



Roy Stuart wrote:you should all be ashamed of yourself for supporting it.


Maybe, but they way I see it, from what you are insinuating, is that you too are as much to blame for this as our young prince.




That is ridiculous, I'm merely a taxpayer who disagrees with the way my taxes are being spent on war, and expressing that disagreement. That's a fra cry from delibertaely joining up to kill people and then expressing joy at having done so.

And voicing opinion on the internet doesn't absolve you from the same guilt with which you try to lay upon us for (alleged by you) 'supporting' an individual going about their job.




Perhaps not, but I do not have the resources to leave the country and go to another whose government I approve of... if there is such a government.

At least unlike Harry I am doing something to stop it, it rather than delibertaley supporting it.



Roy Stuart wrote:
Poo Stance wrote: And what would you have us do?

Share your opinion, and think about it.


Well in that case I'd note that people did just that and then you took to calling us 'morally f^cked'. I think in todays cyber terminology this kind of action would be called 'trolling'.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)
To re-cap. You posted a link, which you later admit that you want people to share their opinion on, and then proceed to take a moral high ground as you lambast them for engaging in the very action that you so desired. That's 'f^cked' if you ask me.
Hey, we're all entitled to our opinions. Who know's who right, only time will answer that.


Of course you are entitled to your opinion... starting a discussion does not entail a responsibility to abstain from strong disagreement on the opinions which others express.

Harry's activities in Afghanistan are obviously wrong, in my opinion.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:22 am

defever wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:"It's a joy for me" refers to his killing via helicopter.


WRONGGGGG!! ha, thanks for the opportunity to say this to you AGAIN, Roy.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/prince-harry-confirms-he-killed-taliban-1548406

Video clip towards the middle of the page. At 03:02, Harry says:

“…I’m in charge of weapon systems. I think, back in… when it was two years ago when it was all decided. It was never expected, because being a junior captain, well, a lieutenant then, that I was a ‘non-grad[udate]’. Obviously not going to university, therefore normally presumed to be less intelligent, which is nice of them. Probably true. But there was a couple of us who got pushed forward to the front seat instead of the back seat. The joy, joy for me because I’m one of those people who loves playing PlayStation and Xbox. So with my thumbs I like to think that I’m probably quite useful. You can ask the guys, I thrash them in FIFA the whole time.”

I think "the joy" here refers to his dexterous thumbs, which comes handy when playing PlyStaton or Xbox games, being also happens to be useful for many buttons that's in front of him in the helicopter (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21123064). He doesn't mention anything about "killing via helicopter".



That is however what he does...kill via helicopter... and he expresses joy at the way in which he does this 'job'.



Those buttons in the "helicopter" Harry is in charge may consequently lead the helicopter to fire an artillery. But he doesn't say "it's a joy for me to kill the residents" as you referred. It's a joy for him to have A JOB where he can make use of his acquired skill from his past time (PlayStation and Xbox). He's merely another individual "on the assembly line" to make the order (from his superior) happen.




A cop out, if that were reasonable then anyone who had been given an order by his employer would be morally free from resposibility. Hardly a sound idea .



I can see why you "refer" Harry's "joy" to "his kiling via helicopter" though. BUT YOU'RE WROOOONG.



I disagree on that score.



PS. I know little about PlayStation and Xbox games but I know enough to tell you Roy that FIFA is a football game, there's no war (well...), helicopter, shooting, killing. It's not a war combat game like Call of Duty.




The video game is irrelevant, it's the joyful use of those skills to kill people which is the issue.


.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2610
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Next

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests