Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby lefty » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:03 am

waxer00 wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:
I also believe in equal rights, which should not be confused with overall equality.
.

roy,can you tell me the difference between the two please.



equal rights = moral fairness to an individual

overall equality = communism


?
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby lefty » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:09 am

thats ^^^ not what i think by the way, just filling a couple seconds of time....
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby waxer00 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:14 am

if harry is a cyclepath then it follows that most guys of his age are. because he comes across as quite a `normal ` dick driven ,easily led 20 something.who speaks sometimes without thinking.a pychopathic politician`s dream.
User avatar
waxer00
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: little donkwhey

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:
Kamikaze wrote:I have never ever turned the sound on for that blokes clips. I can tell just by looking at him that he's a nob end.

I find nob ends easy to identify, the insane hairstyle is a big give away, It looks like his mum's just smarmed it down before he went on.


Idiot.

:roll:


I fail to see how that makes me an idiot. People present themselves based on they culture they associate with.

- Surfers - tee shirts, fleeces, skate shoes (and probablya baseball cap for some reason).
- Rappers - jeans with no belt, gold jewlery and a baseball cap
- football fans - foot ball shirt, jeans and can of carlesberg, and baseball cap.
- right wing bigot - smarmed over hair, and false look of respectability. (look at nick griffin)
- delusional egoist - mad beard, out there hippy clothes.

How you can agree with asshats like that, and then whinge about someone killing the enemy whilst being in the army is beyond me.

Prince Harry wants to go to war, he's more than welcome as far as I'm concerned. As long as he's working to the same rules as the rest of the army then where's the problem. True I don't think we should be out there, but I think the country is a better place for the "normal" Afgan people as the Taliban never did them any favours.

Thinking about my list above, this means don't trust anyone not wearing a baseball cap. hmmmmmmm..........
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:What nonsense... and which part of 'it is immoral to express joy at killing people as part of one's job' don't you get?

It's VERY simple.



And yet it's not immoral to pretend that there were hardly any Jews killed in concentration camps.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:40 pm

Kamikaze wrote:I think the country is a better place for the "normal" Afgan people as the Taliban never did them any favours.


better is subjective, but I'd hazard a guess that not much has changed for the Afghan folks and with the imminent withdrawal it won't be long until the tribal warlords atrocitise their way into power again (already happening). We knew well before we went in there (to flush out OBL) that centralised governance was never going to work with the poor infrastructures in place. Again, we've had our way in Afghanistan and slowly it will fade from the public media consciousness and human rights violations will continue there much as before. Complete waste of time (or did we get that pipeline built in the end?)

That's a pretty stereotypical categorisation there Kami. I'm a surfer (arguably), a football fan and delusional egoist and out of the list of attributes given I can only claim to sport a very un-mad and feeble attempt at a beard. Judge people on what they say and do rather than what they look like. Or not, thats up to you :-D
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby waxer00 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:45 pm

baseball cap = william hague
User avatar
waxer00
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: little donkwhey

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:09 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
Kamikaze wrote:I think the country is a better place for the "normal" Afgan people as the Taliban never did them any favours.


better is subjective, but I'd hazard a guess that not much has changed for the Afghan folks and with the imminent withdrawal it won't be long until the tribal warlords atrocitise their way into power again (already happening). We knew well before we went in there (to flush out OBL) that centralised governance was never going to work with the poor infrastructures in place. Again, we've had our way in Afghanistan and slowly it will fade from the public media consciousness and human rights violations will continue there much as before. Complete waste of time (or did we get that pipeline built in the end?)

That's a pretty stereotypical categorisation there Kami. I'm a surfer (arguably), a football fan and delusional egoist and out of the list of attributes given I can only claim to sport a very un-mad and feeble attempt at a beard. Judge people on what they say and do rather than what they look like. Or not, thats up to you :-D


That was said (slightly) tongue in cheek. But to some extent stereotyping does work. (emphasis on the some).

They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. But prior to a book getting published, market research is done and the cover is designed to appeal to the target audience, so in actual fact, you should buy a book based on the cover, as if you like the cover then the book will probably be just the kind of thing you like. This could well also apply to people.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:16 pm

waxer00 wrote:baseball cap = william hague



I've never really understood the fascination with baseball caps. We live in England. It's Wet, Windy and we don't play baseball. Baseball caps do a shit job of keeping the rain off, there's rarely enough sun to worry about keeping out of our eyes and the huge peak is a liable to loose you a cap on a windy day.
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:41 pm

Kamikaze wrote:That was said (slightly) tongue in cheek. But to some extent stereotyping does work. (emphasis on the some).

They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. But prior to a book getting published, market research is done and the cover is designed to appeal to the target audience, so in actual fact, you should buy a book based on the cover, as if you like the cover then the book will probably be just the kind of thing you like. This could well also apply to people.



For sure stereotyping works to a certain extent. It's a natural facet of human interaction and one we have naturally developed and have done so for a reason and to perform a certain task. ie. am I safe with this unknown stranger.

Re: Judging a book by it's cover. Surely the judgement is done once you have read the book. I understand that thought is put into the appearance and for what reasons. As is the case with humans, maybe we judge the cover to see if we will like, then after further appraisal (reading the book) we judge our judgement and adjust accordingly. Just seemed to me that in the case of AJ you didn't read the book at all so your initial judgement isn't able to be judged. ?
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:37 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
Re: Judging a book by it's cover. Surely the judgement is done once you have read the book. I understand that thought is put into the appearance and for what reasons. As is the case with humans, maybe we judge the cover to see if we will like, then after further appraisal (reading the book) we judge our judgement and adjust accordingly. Just seemed to me that in the case of AJ you didn't read the book at all so your initial judgement isn't able to be judged. ?



I think you need to drink less coffee. :lol:

Brian of Nazareth wrote:
Do not judge others, or else you might get judged yourselves.


Audience member wrote:Ooh thank you very much
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby waxer00 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:39 pm

conmen can make a good living out of first impressions.but by the time you`ve read, it`s already too late.
User avatar
waxer00
 
Posts: 1405
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:32 pm
Location: little donkwhey

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:22 pm

waxer00 wrote:conmen can make a good living out of first impressions.but by the time you`ve read, it`s already too late.


You can't even "read" conmen's book, they disappear with it, along with your money and dignity...


PS. I went in to post office collection desk to collect my item today. And who do I hear form the officers' radio??? Yup. I never knew it was legal in UK to air such a vulgar rusty voice...
defever
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:19 am

WP101 wrote:dude. roy is reviling anyone who fights or has fought in a war, that includes my grandad and great uncle, he should be banned as this is a personal attack..and because hes a grade A FRUITCAKE!!


That is incorrect, there are just wars and unjust wars, I have no beef in general with those fighting for Britain during WW1 and WW2. Members of my family have also fought in those wars.

Afghanistan is another kettle of fish however.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:22 am

waxer00 wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:
I also believe in equal rights, which should not be confused with overall equality.
.

roy,can you tell me the difference between the two please.


Equal rights consist of equal rights under the law, equality means that everyone has the same amount of resources. That's the general idea anyway.

Attempting to bring about equality is not usually compatible with equal rights.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 pm

This can go in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZBO0fJPg3Y
won't be on there for long I guess.
Not really a surprise to most I'm guessing.
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:55 pm

Just seen the first 2:00 or so and it’s already making me angry.
Stuff like the above clip make my blood boil.

Because I will never have the chance to find out the "real" truth.

Media can say whatever, the citizens can say whatever, the government can say whatever, the INDIVIDUALS who are DIRECTLY involved in making decisions can say whatever. Anyone can say anything about this. And no one will know what exactly happened.

Even those individuals, who are suspected to be directly responsible, are put to justice, they can disguise the “truth”. And they KNOW they can smear the “real truth” and invent completely different “truth”. They “hid the truth” (if this clip is saying the truth) to their own country, why would not they hide the truth again in front of the high court? Swearing an oath has no value to those who has no dignity in betraying the whole nation (if not the human civilisation).

Tony Blair for instance. How can we find out if he said the truth when he was put on the enquiry?

Japan for another example. The world history (2x Sino-Japanese wars, Russo-Japanese war, WWI and WWII) taught in their schools are COMPLETELY different from how the historical account written by the “Westerners”. I know this because I grew up in Japan. I went to both native and international schools.

This doesn’t mean that one is lying and the other is telling the truth. They are both true. They are both true from different perspective…

Gaaa. too much coffee again.

I will watch the rest of the clip once the caffeine goes out of my system. Thanks Poo for the link!
defever
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Poo Stance » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:52 pm

No worries bud. Didn't mean to make your head implode.

As we know the victors write their own history. My mate's a bit of a USA geek for their history and the like. When he went over there and visited some kind of war/military museum, not one word about Vietnam. Like it never happened.

I think the overriding sentiment for me is that most, if not all, of what was presented as the case for war before and after the event just doesn't stand up to scrutiny. Pre-war, the talk was about 9/11 justice/vengeance, WMD and their threat to us and our allies. After the war it was about being for the benefit of the people and retribution for acts against the population.

As far as truth goes I think you just need to find your own version and be open to being wrong at times. The internet is such a good tool in the quest for understanding and knowledge. But disinformation and bills like PIPA, SOPA, CISPA and so on pose a real threat to the continued use of the internet as a source of knowledge. If governments are given the powers to shut down websites because they feel they pose a threat to the peace and what constitutes such a threat is only determined by said governments then I fear that this relatively new tool could be taken away from people who truly work for freedom of our liberties. With traditional media outlets being controlled by less people and the lack of response to Leverson it just helps create a monopoly for those who may choose to shape our view of the world using these outlets. Ie. It could get harder to determine your own truth.
User avatar
Poo Stance
 
Posts: 3830
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:07 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Obelix » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:41 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:
That is incorrect, there are just wars and unjust wars, I have no beef in general with those fighting for Britain during WW1 and WW2. Members of my family have also fought in those wars.

Afghanistan is another kettle of fish however.


Think you're getting confused between Iraq and Afghanistan there mate.

The reasons for our entry into Iraq have subsequently been shown to be patent lies. Does anyone however dispute however that Afghanistan was once the world's premier haven for terrorists, and will revert to being one if Western forces leave prematurely? If not, then this, like the world wars, can be considered a just war.
User avatar
Obelix
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 am
Location: UK

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby lefty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:35 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
As far as truth goes I think you just need to find your own version and be open to being wrong at times.




wise, though some might see it as blah, rah etc...


for me... wise words
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby lefty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:39 pm

Poo Stance wrote:
As far as truth goes I think you just need to find your own version and be open to being wrong at times. The internet is such a good tool in the quest for understanding and knowledge. But disinformation and bills like PIPA, SOPA, CISPA and so on pose a real threat to the continued use of the internet as a source of knowledge. If governments are given the powers to shut down websites because they feel they pose a threat to the peace and what constitutes such a threat is only determined by said governments then I fear that this relatively new tool could be taken away from people who truly work for freedom of our liberties. With traditional media outlets being controlled by less people and the lack of response to Leverson it just helps create a monopoly for those who may choose to shape our view of the world using these outlets. Ie. It could get harder to determine your own truth.



the rest of that praragraph is bang on too, to be fair ^^
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Roy Stuart » Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:13 am

Obelix wrote:
Roy Stuart wrote:
That is incorrect, there are just wars and unjust wars, I have no beef in general with those fighting for Britain during WW1 and WW2. Members of my family have also fought in those wars.

Afghanistan is another kettle of fish however.


Think you're getting confused between Iraq and Afghanistan there mate.

The reasons for our entry into Iraq have subsequently been shown to be patent lies. Does anyone however dispute however that Afghanistan was once the world's premier haven for terrorists, and will revert to being one if Western forces leave prematurely? If not, then this, like the world wars, can be considered a just war.


Yeah I dispute that and no I'm not confusing Iraq with Afghanistan.
www.roystuart.biz
User avatar
Roy Stuart
 
Posts: 2592
Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:56 am

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Obelix » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:33 pm

Hmmm.

Just a conspiracy theory then, hey?

Care to elaborate?
User avatar
Obelix
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:40 am
Location: UK

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby Kamikaze » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:54 am

Please don't
Image
User avatar
Kamikaze
 
Posts: 2131
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 12:51 pm
Location: Sunny, yet normally flat Bournemouth

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:23 pm

Just watched the video clip Poo posted...

Appalling... If the documentary revealed the truth behind the War on Iraq, that is very appalling.

This did not resolve any conflict, but this will be the root cause of a future terrorist activity against the United States and the Coalition Forces (http://usiraq.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000677).

If the documentary is true, then the US did not go to war on terrorism; they went to war to terrorise Iraq, feed the future terrorists and pretty much gave them the reason of attacking the US and Coalition Forces when they are ready...

George W. Bush Jr Boooooooooo!
defever
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby lefty » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

defever wrote:
If the documentary is true, then the US did not go to war on terrorism; they went to war to terrorise Iraq



>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmBnvajSfWU
User avatar
lefty
 
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: Prince Harry Booooooooooo!

Postby defever » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:37 pm

innit Roy.
defever
 
Posts: 774
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:03 pm

Previous

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest