Car Number Plates

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Car Number Plates

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Word of warning - Do not show your number plate on any advert if you are selling your car - Granny & Eggs ? Maybe but ..............

My lad recently wrote off our decent car - got the money , bought an 05 plate Merc Estate - number plate displayed clearly for all to see.

2 weeks later I get a parking ticket from some Fitness First car park in Norwich - 2 clear photos of my car & the number plate. Phoned the old Bill & DVLA & emailed the Parking Co, to say the car has not been out of Scotland - stick it up yer jumper.

Door goes on Saturday morning, missus shouts it's the Police for you ..................here we go, what have the lads been up to now. 'Where were you on the 7th of August ?' Probably at work, why? 'You're car was seen in a rural vicinity in the hours preceding several break ins in Norfolk' .......... ah well it's the missus you need to speak to as she drives that car :lol: :lol: I went back to my bacon roll & coffee out the back in the sunshine - my house was beginning to smell distinctly of Pig - I am not a fan of the diced hat brigade !

Got dogs abuse off the wife for leaving her to give statements about her whereabouts on the day :oops: :lol:

Anyhoo , the Grunters reckon that someone has seen the ad on Autotrader, had the same car & copied the plate & has been going about East Anglia ? getting up to capers. Apparently happening more & more.
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Re: Car Number Plates

Postby JayP » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:19 pm

Sounds like a good idea! :lol:

I always wondered why people blank them in ads. Now I know. And I thought it was just people being paranoid or selling dodgy motors!
JayP

Re: Car Number Plates

Postby thechimp » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:00 am

ATTMFKH wrote:Apparently happening more & more.

also the cloning of plates, not even in ads, now with no road tax disc, just clone the plate of make,model and colour, you just sail through ANPR cameras, as long as the original keeper keeps insurance,MOT, and tax up to date. Maybe we need the aussie system, i lost a rear plate off my sons 4x4, went to the local motor factors, no chance, had to go the Rego office(road tax, ownership) and a new plate popped out the machine, with one DVLA in UK will never happen.
thechimp

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)