RIP Bowie..

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

RIP Bowie..

Postby Philshoz » Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:47 am

WOW, didn't expect that this morning :shock:
Philshoz

Re: RIP Bowie..

Postby Chris F » Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:47 am

No, me neither. I remember as a 5 or 6 year old watching TOTP as this wierd looking guy with a goldfish bowl on his head sang "ground control to Major Tom" First "pop" song I can ever remember hearing. At the time I didn't realise how much I would come to love his music from my teens right through to my adult years. And China Girl video was probably the first time I saw an adult tit.
Chris F

Postby Black » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:49 am

Laid in bed first thing and had to check the wifi (long story) so I grabbed my phone & launched the BBC news app. Bowie dead. RIP legend!
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Steviesee » Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:56 pm

I got his new album, Blackstar, on Thursday. Apart from the radio it's the only music I've listened to since then.

Woke up this morning to hear the news as it was first breaking, couldn't believe it.

He always did what he wanted to do. And he wanted to do it his way and he wanted to do it the best way. His death was no different from his life - a work of Art. He made Blackstar for us, his parting gift. I knew for a year this was the way it would be. I wasn't, however, prepared for it. He was an extraordinary man, full of love and life. He will always be with us. For now, it is appropriate to cry.
- Tony Visconti

RIP
Steviesee

Postby Black » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:43 pm

I remember during the Ziggy Stardust era a mates brother (big Bowie fan) came to school with the full-on red & perfectly coiffured big hair - looked amazing. He got sent home & not to come back until he'd got rid of it. He re-appeared a few days later with a skinhead - was hilarious as this was also frowned upon by the school but what could they do now? He was an instant hero!
Never growing old together...
Black

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)