Monday Moaning

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Monday Moaning

Postby jamblo » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:32 pm

I just tipped an entire cup of coffee over my leg and chair.

GADGERS!

How's everyone else's monday going?
jamblo

Postby slopsurfer » Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:36 pm

Not too bad today, My dear wife made her special Pecan Pie this weekend so i brought it into the office and shared it out, we're all high on a sugar buzz at the moment with all this sugar and maple syrup in it, boy are we pumped.
slopsurfer

Postby surfbaby » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:16 pm

i have had nearly four hours of solicitors accounts and also two hours of probate.my head is actually spinning right now. there is so much info and knowing that i am going to be taking exams on this stuff is unbearable!strip lighting, wipe boards, postgrads who act like they are 18 years old, manky chewing gum, wasps flying around, sweaty students nearby.....oh god, i gotta get out of here.HELP!!!!
surfbaby

Postby jamblo » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:40 pm

You're at Exeter Uni, aren't you SurfBaby?
jamblo

Postby thedeadly » Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:19 pm

been chilling - on holiday - ha ha
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
thedeadly

Postby Bigjohn » Tue Sep 28, 2004 6:48 am

surfbaby wrote:i have had nearly four hours of solicitors accounts and also two hours of probate.my head is actually spinning right now. there is so much info and knowing that i am going to be taking exams on this stuff is unbearable!strip lighting, wipe boards, postgrads who act like they are 18 years old, manky chewing gum, wasps flying around, sweaty students nearby.....oh god, i gotta get out of here.HELP!!!!

If your head is "actually spinning" then its no wonder you need to put surf wax on your lips! :lol:
......Rubber Duck this is Pig Pen, I'm gonna put the hammer down..........

Bigjohn

Postby dt83aw » Tue Sep 28, 2004 5:59 pm

i took the a days holiday yesterday, but back to work today and it felt like a monday for sure! had to skim my first cylinder head, then turn next to f**k all off of 493!!! plastic bung thingys...tho one of the other apprentices had to do about 1500 of the bastards, so i shouldnt moan.
dt83aw

Postby surfbaby » Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:27 pm

yep jamblo, i am at exeter uni, streatham campus. thought i would be one of the oldest on the lpc at 23 years old, but much much older people who have had enough of raising their kids and are giving the legal career a go.all the new undergrads started this week, aghhh they look so cute and lonely. the boys just wander around aimlessly with shoelaces hanging out, scruffy dirty shirts and pining for their mamas! you can see it in their eyes, they have never done anything for themselves, bless the little poppets!undergrad new girls still insisting on wearing their summer mini skirts and little flip flops. if i wear a mini skirt now it is with boots and tights. gad it's cold.guess it is all to do with the uni ritual of mating!wish i had studied anthropology...determined to join the climbing wall at exeter uni, but it crap, no relief or anything, just a board wuith some knobs on.mmm anybody know of any places nearby that have decent climbing walls????
surfbaby

Postby thedeadly » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:33 pm

anybody know of any places nearby that have decent climbing walls????

i know where the waves are and the surf shops are and where to park free at most beaches like most people in this forum

try - http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/ - you could go there and ask where to go surfing !
thedeadly

Postby thedeadly » Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:54 pm

try this page - new members only climbing wall in exeter

http://www.ukclimbing.com/forums/t.php?n=99340
thedeadly

Postby dt83aw » Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:36 pm

thedeadly wrote:and where to park free at most beaches

hey, i dont know that!...damnit!
dt83aw

Postby thedeadly » Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:22 am

total parking costs for the 04 summer season - a grand total of £3-20

2 @watergate for £1 each

2 @newquay 60p
thedeadly

Postby surfbaby » Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:19 am

cheers dead, thought some surfers would be into climbing, agh well.anyhow, how come whenever i want to know about something, you always have the right web address?you seem to know everything!
surfbaby

Postby thedeadly » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:10 am

cheers dead, thought some surfers would be into climbing, agh well.anyhow, how come whenever i want to know about something, you always have the right web address?you seem to know everything!

i'm not into climbing

i'm into google - i just put the words into the search bit "climbing" & "forum" then looked at the results

http://www.google.co.uk
thedeadly

Re: Monday Moaning

Postby porthmeor1 » Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:38 pm

\ :arrow: xc cxzxcazdscacascaaa
jamblo wrote:I just tipped an entire cup of coffee over my leg and chair.

GADGERS!

How's everyone else's monday going?
porthmeor1

Postby Powl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:07 pm

Howsitgoing all, not been round these parts for a while as I've been away, then moving house. Now in sunny Manchester :D :

Seems to be lots of new members and loads of threads I'll never catch up with...

Did everyone who went to SW france have some magical morning surfs like I did? Ahhh the glass... On the other hand, that right hand point near St Jean de Luz nearly did for me one evening. Got a bit cocky, caught inside and washed into the rocks. Board and body intact thankfully. Beautiful wave though.

Anyway, to celebrate pastures new and waste some time I thought I might invent a monday competition - which I plan on winning every week.

So folks, how many hours did it rain in your hometown this weekend????

Only around 36 here, one of the most beatable scores you're likely to get for a while :wink:
Powl

Postby Grizzly » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:31 pm

Powl wrote:So folks, how many hours did it rain in your hometown this weekend????

Every single mf last one of them...

But had an ace sesh yesterday so it's all good
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
Grizzly

Postby okerre » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:03 pm

Not sure I wasnt there I was surfing woo hooo.
okerre

Postby [REZ] » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:35 pm

howsit powl? glad you had a good trip..ive surfed the point of the harbour at st.jean de luz and also the inside of the harbour!! nice wave hey? got any pics? put em here

http://magicseaweed.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=868

hows the north treating you? London is the same dirty old place :twisted:
[REZ]

Postby Powl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:54 pm

Rez, v. nice pics as usual m8, you're a better man than me I hardly got ANY, and nothing decent, as I was too busy surfing surfing surfing when I wasnt sleeping off red wine hangovers :D

Oop Noorf is good, not managed to get to the coast yet unfotunately.

Didnt surf in or outside the harbour at St Jean de Luz actually, but saw it working pretty big one day. The point I'm on about is called Lafetinia (sp?) just to the north. We were camped right by it for 6 nights. Too big for me most of the time, but what a wave :shock:

Got up to Hossegor/Seignosse for the last few nights of our trip, had a couple really good sessions at central, nice waves but pretty crowded hey? The WCT was just rolling in to town as we were leaving. Met a really sound South Afrcian guy, WQS surfer, hung out with him for a bit. Back out there same time next year I reckon...

You have a good trip too yeah?
Powl

Postby [REZ] » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:10 pm

LOL those pics were all taken in the last 2 days when i thought i better take some! Yeah I have surfed Lafetinia ..nice wave ...was really crowded when i surfed it a few years ago..
Glad you got some nice surf mate. We stayed at seignosse mostly and had la piste barrelin at high tide a few times but super crowded with spongers ..saw a few broken boards aswell. :? The level of surfing out there is amazing ...everyone seems to be rippin even the grommets...oh well back to the office now wishing i was there . Will def. be going back there again 8) So did you put all your sticks in one bag and get away with paying one board charge?
[REZ]

Postby Powl » Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:32 pm

Yeah i got away with the 3 boards, but I'm not doing it again cos it had all my clothes and camping gear and stuff in the bag too and it weighed a FKin TON!

Back next year for deffo :D
Powl

Postby dt83aw » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:14 pm

okerre wrote:Not sure I wasnt there I was surfing woo hooo.

hell yeah!
dt83aw

Postby dt83aw » Mon Oct 04, 2004 8:48 pm

for the dudes who live inland it should be mon thru fri moanin!..i wanna live on the coast!...well...i live near a coast...just not the right one!
dt83aw

Postby Grizzly » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:50 am

On the TSP website, you can sign up for the monday morning wave - pretty pictures sitting in your inbox every monday morning. This can be a help or can remind you what you're missing...
http://www.prq0.com/quickstart/LeadCapture/Display_LeadCapture.asp?e=XbcbceifCD-RaA&oid=UebcgBD

Hope this helps y'all!

:D :D
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
Grizzly

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:27 am

Had a good monday myself... *smug*

The good chaps at WestCoastSurf reduced the Suit and board rental for the Clubs taster day from £409 to £277.
I tell ya we couldn't do what we do with out them. horray for http://www.westcoastsurf.co.uk *sponsor pimp*

:roll: :roll:
With 73% of the planet under water perhaps Earth should be re-named Ocean
PapaWoolacombe

Talk about monday moaning...

Postby surfbaby » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:27 pm

What about fridays, this has to have been the worst week i have had in ages.i had one of those 'realisation' moments yesterday, you know the ones? when you realise that what you have been doing for quite a bit of you life is not what you have wanted to do at all, but you have just been too afraid to change the regular routine and go for what you really want? sounds all v. complicated, but i have had one of those moments and i am too afraid to give up what i have at the moment for what i really want. i am unhappy at the moment :cry: , so shall i take the plunge and change the course of my life or let people talk me into carrying on my life as it is. oh dear in a right state :cry: :roll: at least i have the weekend to look forward too, going to st agnes. :wink: help...
surfbaby

Postby frameline » Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:33 pm

Mate - here is a bit of 'life coaching' advice that someone told me once, and I try and follow....

when you are ever in that situation, think about what it is that you really want to do,

Instantly you will know what it is that will make you happier and more fulfilled, then your brain will kick in and tell you all the reasons why you should not.

TRUST the first feeling, its your life, its all about risks, thats what makes it fun....

Hope things work out for you...

8)
frameline

Postby dt83aw » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:41 pm

yeah, frameline's right!...go with what you wanna do not what everybody expects you to do!...if that applies?...i would totally endorse that way of thinkin seeing as ive done it all my life and now im reaping(?) the rewards!...good luck with whatever it is anyway...
anyway...i'm off back to work in a mo just so i can surf some mush 2moz1
dt83aw

Postby thedeadly » Fri Oct 15, 2004 5:51 pm

i agree fully - your inner self knows what you want -= it just has to get past the inbuilt negativity that most people have - think of it like 2 radio staions Positive FM and Negative FM all you have to do is tune into Positive FM and stop listening to your Negative FM (tune it out) trouble is that your brain forgets and automatically tunes into the much more used Negative FM - as soon as you realise though just hit the button and change channels - eventually you brain will automatically tune into Positive FM - then there is nothing in the world you cant do - you just gotta want to enough!

If i had listened to negative fm i wouldn't have moved to cornwall last year - i would have listened to my doubts and other peoples jelous negativity and stayed in Bucks (lovevly) all i gotta do now is get work that i realy enjoy and not work i have to do to survive
thedeadly

Next

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)