Monday Moaning

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Postby surfbaby » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:17 pm

thanks guys you're the best. i know what you mean about trusting the first instinct feeling Frameline.my life seems so complicated at the moment, i cannot get my head around everything. well cheers all, hope you have a good weekend. x
surfbaby

Postby thedeadly » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:34 pm

hey surfbaby

go and sit on a hill on a sunny day with no one else about - relax, chill out, fantasize about your dream holiday - then clear your mind of it all and ask yourself one question

"i am me, i have one life, what do i want out of it" :?: :?: :?:

be *ucking selfish :?:
Never buy a stupid dwarf - Its not big and its not clever
thedeadly

Postby Hokusai » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:38 pm

Mate - here is a bit of 'life coaching' advice that someone told me once, and I try and follow....

when you are ever in that situation, think about what it is that you really want to do,

Instantly you will know what it is that will make you happier and more fulfilled, then your brain will kick in and tell you all the reasons why you should not.

TRUST the first feeling, its your life, its all about risks, thats what makes it fun....

Hope things work out for you...

Mid life crisis aren't all that simple when you have a spouse, kids, mortgage, pension etc to consider. Unless I win the Lottery or an unkown rich aunt/uncle leaves me a packet in their will, I can't tell the boss to suff his poxy job. :cry:

Damage limitation is the order of the day. Knuckle down, do what you have to do ( hears strains of "As I walked down the streets of Toledo") and make the most of your freetime. :wink:
Hokusai

Postby frameline » Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:09 am

thedeadly wrote:i agree fully - your inner self knows what you want -= it just has to get past the inbuilt negativity that most people have - think of it like 2 radio staions Positive FM and Negative FM all you have to do is tune into Positive FM and stop listening to your Negative FM (tune it out) trouble is that your brain forgets and automatically tunes into the much more used Negative FM - as soon as you realise though just hit the button and change channels - eventually you brain will automatically tune into Positive FM - then there is nothing in the world you cant do - you just gotta want to enough!

Love it deadly, you should be on Trisha, best description I have heard for ages...coolio.... 8) :lol: :lol:
frameline

Postby surfbaby » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:47 am

thinking bout bailing from the UK next year to live in italy or france for at least six months, but not got a clue as to what job i could do!!!! any suggestions? i know french and italian quite well and can hold a bsaic conversation, but i want to be fluent in another language.suddenly everything seems rather possible but cannot decide what to do!i love stevie wonder-higher ground mmm!
surfbaby

Postby Rad » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:07 pm

If it helps, France has better surf! :D
Rad

Postby frameline » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:09 pm

Yeah France would get my vote.....but only if Indo was out of the question
frameline

I'VE DONE IT

Postby surfbaby » Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:06 pm

I've done it. i have decided to be true to myself and admit that i do not want to be a solicitor, but most probably do want to be an academic in law.after having struggled on with this course for the last few weeks, and knowing it was wrong, i broke down in my tutors office and said how unhappy i was. even he had noticed how down i was. anyway i am not going to carry on. i feel so much happier now, knowing i do not have to pretend that being a lawyer is my dream job, when it is not. i still want to be in law- prob do a phd and become and expert. but not a lawyer. it is a massive breakthrough. i feel like ten tonnes have been taken off my shoulders. my life has changed. i must have been pretty unhappy cos i started crying in the sea at saunton on sunday, because i could not stand up properly. i broke down in those blown out storm conditions, the sea was just so intense and i was unhappy and it was overwhelming.anyway guys, thought i'd let you know and all that. bet you're proud of me deadly for following my +ve FM!!!!
surfbaby

Postby thedeadly » Tue Oct 26, 2004 4:39 pm

well done surfbaby

there's plenty of other things in life - when one door closes a few more open - all you have to do now is move to cornwall and marry me ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
thedeadly

Postby frameline » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:18 pm

Ha ha - mr smoooooooooooth 8) :lol: :lol:
frameline

Postby dt83aw » Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:51 pm

thedeadly wrote: move to cornwall and marry me !

dude!...i'll marry you if it means i get to live in cornwall!

p.s. good luck sb!
dt83aw

Postby thedeadly » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:00 pm

dude!...i'll marry you if it means i get to live in cornwall!

awwww shucksss - ROFLMAO
thedeadly

Postby surfbaby » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:22 am

had my first proper nights sleep in about 8 weeks. so much happier now, but eyes sore from crying yesterday!thinking bout returning to aber to do a PhD. still in close contact with my lecturers so they are going to help me sort things out.i am never ever going to make the mistake again of doing what other people think i should do. it wrecked me.just going to go surfing on sunday- maybe whatever the weather! he he!
p.s Frameline- is that a piccie of you and a mate sitting in th back of your van- if so, what beach???it looks gorgeous.
surfbaby

Postby Grizzly » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:33 am

Aber? Phd? Do it!
Gorau dial, dangos cwm a'i ffadau.
http://singlefin.blogspot.com
Grizzly

Postby frameline » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:42 am

surfbaby wrote:Frameline- is that a piccie of you and a mate sitting in th back of your van- if so, what beach???it looks gorgeous.

Certainly is, and that is a VERY secret little spot, I could tell you but then I would have to kill you.. :D :D :D

Good to hear things worked out for you SB.
frameline

Postby swordie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 12:17 pm

heh. Aber.

Grizz and I will look after you, won't we Grizz.

not as consistent surf-wise as Devon/Cornwall, but better than Exeter!
I excell at not giving a shit

http://lostcoast.blogspot.com/
swordie

Postby CRISPY » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:00 pm

Certainly is, and that is a VERY secret little spot

Ahhh Frameline my good friend. I feel it is time for us to meet up and share some surf tales and talk about those awesome secret spots. Go on you first......... :)
CRISPY

Postby surfbaby » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:13 am

aawww thanks guys! nice to know i get your support. well yeah, i miss aber like crazy, i lived there for four years afterall. i love exeter too though, as i am a devonian. but the lack of beaches makes me feel a bit sad sometimes. borth/ ynyslas were my main places for surfing around aber.ohhh i want to know the secret spot frameline! it looks just too good to be true. how do you find a secret spot anyway? do you just stumble across it??? by not carrying on with the LPC i am going to lose...wait for it...£6660. Yep, the Uni will not give me a penny back, and i have only been on the course for eight weeks (nearly £1000 week it has cost me). i was so unhappy though, i did not give the money a second thought.I need to raise cash though for the PhD. For specific reasons I have been gathering the names of the head honchos at certain Pharmaceutical companies, and i am going to flood them with letters asking for sponsorships. also get in touch with the big banks and places in the Cayman Islands, that will be interested in my thesis topic- if i ever get accepted for the PhD!! If Exeter Uni are not going to give me anything back, I am going to see if they can transfer the funds to the law dept and then i cold do my PhD there. I have been told that if i want to get my near 7K back, i will have to sue the Uni and it is almost guaranteed that i will not win... pooo. The Legal Practice Centre are going to do everything they can to keep the money swimming around their dept. I am SO MUCH HAPPIER. i am sleeping well, eating, my headaches have stopped. Griz and Swordie, I have to say I am pretty much envious of you two being up there in wales. If I do return to Aber, then there is a v.good chance I will see Griz (for anybody who has not been to aber, everybody at least recognises one another), can i just say 'hey Grizzly'. then if you looked around i would know it was the right person!it could sound like an insult to somebody who was not known by that name though!!!!want to get a skim board, but heard bad things. always wanted one, but a bit of a chicken.Frameline were you at Saunton last weekend??? there was a guy with a beard and hairstyle just like yours in the piccie-freakishly similar.
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SB
surfbaby

Postby lostboy » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:48 am

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond; And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring. Trust the dreams, for within them is hidden the gate to eternity.

Kahlil Gibran, The Prophet
Kill. Destroy. Plunder.
lostboy

Postby frameline » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:50 am

surfbaby wrote:Frameline were you at Saunton last weekend??? there was a guy with a beard and hairstyle just like yours in the piccie-freakishly similar.
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee SB

Nah mate, not me, don't really head much north of Bude :D must have a long lost twin, or maybe vin diesel was there, easy mistake to make :D :D

CRISPY - nice try buddy, but yeah I will try and catch you at your next band gig. :D :D
frameline

Previous

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)