Surfers in and around London....

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Surfers in and around London....

Postby Mugwai » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm looking for some surf buddies for the colder months...as the few friends I have that surf only surf in summer :-x
I'm a beginner and i've just bought a surf betty which i'm eager to test out in the very near future... :-D
If anyone lives around/in London and fancies a weekend surfing somewhere on the west coast, please let me know!

Also, any advice on good places to surf/stay or how not to catch your death in the cold weather is very welcome!!
Mugwai

Re: Surfers in and around London....

Postby messupman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Hey Mugwai, I'm in the same situation, my usual surf buddies aren't down with winter surfing and rather than spend a fortune on petrol getting down there and surfing on my own, would be cool to share the ride! I don't have a car at the moment as my last one failed its mot miserably but will be getting one in the new year. I'm based in Surrey.

So if you want to hook up and treck to the surf together, let me know and we can sort it out, I tend to head for North Devon, several beaches to choose from dependant on conditions so it's ideal and I know several places to stay at that are comfortable and affordable.

:mrgreen:
Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind.
messupman

Postby Mugwai » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Yea that would be good! I drive but my car is a bit unreliable and rather tiny - was dwarfed by my board when i took it home!! But i mite be able to sort out a bigger set of wheels :-D

I dont fancy goin on my own either, i'd probably drown or eat rock then drown! Plus its a long boring drive on your todd.

Email me with when you'd be looking to go...and hopefully the surfs good... littlemunchkin179@hotmail.com

Cheers
Are all builders perves?
Mugwai

Postby messupman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:30 pm

I have a set of roof straps, they are generally the solution for smaller cars and don't require proper roof racks, they just strap through the door frames, you can get them for around £20 and they last forever!

I don't believe rock is a popular choice of souvenir from Devon so there would be no danger of eating it there, you'd have to go to Blackpool and I don't believe the waves are any good for surfing up there!

I'll ping you an email then we can establish contact that way, I'm off surfing for a week from Saturday but once I return I should be up for some cold surfing again.

Will email you soon.

:P
Youth is not a time of life; it is a state of mind.
messupman

Postby mx45 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:03 pm

Hi Guys, If your interested i'd be up for getting together to split costs on some winter trips. Im a relative newcomer to surfing but learning quickly and im not fussed about the cold, im just too keen to surf!
Im based in essex, gimmie a email if you like and we can go from there: cheekychappy45@hotmail.com
Would be good to hear from you.
mx45

Postby Carabarabum » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi boys
I used to surf a bit during my uni days and now that I'm in London I'm desperate to get out of the city more, and equally desperate to rekindle my passion for the South West surf....Any chance I could tag along, share the petrol cost etc. I'm free weekends and can't think of a better way to spend them...
Carabarabum

Postby mx45 » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:56 pm

Sure, email me at the address in my above post (or anyone else who's reading this and is interested for that matter!) and we'll sort something out. I'd like to get down to the south west a few times over the winter so would be good to get together with a few people and share costs.
mx45

Postby DOSMILPHIL » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:20 pm

Can i come too!Moving back to north london.Must be mad!Will send an email,cheers
I was gonna get the blame for it anyway!
DOSMILPHIL

Postby Mugwai » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:59 pm

If anyone is interested, a couple of us might be heading out to North Devon on the weekend of the 22/23 November...

Contact me if you want to come along! :-D
Mugwai

Postby kim b » Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:08 pm

how did the weekend go?
Last edited by kim b on Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kim b

Postby Smokey74 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:44 pm

How did you lot get on sorting out rides etc? I'm also based in Essex and would be keen to car share (and its a bit boring my yourself!). I've got a car, complete with an MOT, so should be good to go. Would quite like to do some weekends away, or maybe even days away to closer spots. Anyone keen, please let me know!
Smokey74

Postby jimbib123 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:56 pm

smokey where in Essex you based? i'm back from uni for easter next week at the parents near southend and would deffo be up for a couple of days down south if u fancied it?
jimbib123

Postby Smokey74 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey Jim

I'm not too far from Grays. How long are you around for? I'm up in Norfolk over easter, and then in France the weekend after. I should probably have also mentioned that I am still a beginner and quite bad!
Smokey74

Postby jimbib123 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Here the week before easter week....if going would probs wanna be hitting cornwall/devon way....really depends on swell to be honest..
jimbib123

Postby Smokey74 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:28 pm

Hmmm timing might be a bit off this time.... Def keen tho, so let me know when you are around next time and we can sort something.
Smokey74

Postby George_C » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:53 am

Hi,
I'm a relatively new surfer and I live in Wimbledon. I have a car but would also consider ride sharing.
Just spent 2 weeks in South Africa catching some awesome waves. Fav spot was Kommetjie in Cape Town. Just was unreal that day.
I'm thinking of heading to Sennen on April 1st as I have a 6 day break for easter. There is a great camping site there (Trevedra caravan) which is within walking distance down a hill to one of the best breaks in UK.

Get in touch if you want to come as well.

George
George_C

Postby mattbarb » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:38 pm

Wicked count me in George. I live in Westbourne Park and up for joining you. I often go down to West Wittering nr Chichester can be pretty good sometimes.
http://magicseaweed.com/The-Witterings-Surf-Report/14/

I say often, I've probably been about 8 times but im getting better err slowly. I haven't a car but would obviously chip in for the driving. Would be great to venture down to Cornwall/Devon.

Cheers,

Matt
mattbarb

Postby untied » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 am

Hi all,

Are these meetups still happening?

I'm pretty much a total newbie (had 3 surf lessons in Cornwall and surfed with a friend in Japan - loved it every time), but seeing as I know no-one who surfs, would like to tag along on some weekend trips.

I'm based in Epsom at the moment, but have a car and should (hopefully) soon be relocating to Dalston.

Matt.
untied

Postby filipebar » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:49 am

Hi Matt,

I'm in the same situation as you. I'm a newbie, surfed few times in Bmouth and in Portugal but I still need to learn quite a lot before I can say that I know how to surf!

I moved to london in June but don't want to stop practicing it so I'm also looking for someone who would like to head down to Cornwall/Newquay.

Let me know if you or anybody else is up for some weekends surf trips.

Filipe
filipebar

Postby stoatface » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi All,

I'm in the London area SW17 to be exact :)
I lived in Cornwall up for 13 years leaving in 2005.
I would say I am a intermediate to experienced bodyboarder, cutting my teeth around the west Cornwall beach and the few reef breaks.

Like most others I am willing to get my arse down to the coast whenever the surf is looking good however, petrol money is the main sticking point.
Also when you have to drive 3-5 hours and no one to surf with movitation becomes another factor.

I would be more than willing share a lift with anyone who is up for getting some waves and have a laugh

(this is starting to sound like a lonely heart ad!! haha)

However, feel free to drop me an message on MSW and emails/numbers can be exchanged.

Stoat Face
stoatface

Postby liquidgrooves » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:01 pm

Hi stoat face & all,

I'm in the same situation, started surfing last year in Cornwall, bought my own gear and am trying to get back as often as I can all year round.
I can drive but don't have a car myself, my friend has one though and she'll be up for sharing it plus we could always rent one if we get enough people together.
Also I think there's other surfspots down southcoast, a lot closer, so a weekendtrip would probably make sense too!
liquidgrooves

Postby tubularbells » Tue Oct 26, 2010 1:27 pm

Hey,

If anyone is still up for weekend surfing trips over the Winter to the West coast, holler or PM me. Went to Croyde a couple of weeks ago and the conditions were great, and the water surprisingly temperate! Am based in South West London.

I have wheels (Golf, but works fine with straps), happy to camp or do something a little more geared to the "brisk" winter weather.

Cheers

Jez
tubularbells

Postby Sea&Sky » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:52 am

cut and paste from the other London thread..

Hello to all of the above. :-)

North London (archway) based with transport (golf hatchback so you'd need straps if you're not renting), and planning several trips to North Devon this year, most likely 3 day weekends.

Am heading west Weds 10th November but combining with work in Bristol, so that would probably have to be a one-way ride, but in case that's any good for anybody and also just putting my name out there for the future.

Sam
Sea&Sky

Postby gavjames » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:19 pm

Hi, i'm Colchester based new to surfing and looking to get to cornwall a couple of times a month. Had several lessons and now hooked! Happy to drive or share costs with someone else driving. Prefer to go for three nights if possible to make the most of it but happy to do two nights. If you're interested then mail me on

dylanjamesmail@yahoo.co.uk

Gav
gavjames

Postby Poo Stance » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:25 pm

Anyone about Monday for a surf and wanna share fuel costs? Day trip most likely, up early, back after dark.
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:46 pm

So does no body wanna surf with me then?

Think I'm heading to S Devons most secret spot mon & tues. Staying in a hostel hopefully £14.

Come on...
Come on...
?
Poo Stance

Postby Poo Stance » Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:19 pm

Yeah, good thing too... t'was shite.
Attachments
DSC_5519x.jpg
DSC_5519x.jpg (72.05 KiB) Viewed 945 times
Poo Stance

Postby angelhchang » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:41 pm

Anyone keen for weekend surftrips over this winter? I'm a beginner based around the Kings cross area in London, would be up for splitting fuel costs etc etc... Email me if anyone's going! angel.h.chang@gmail.com
angelhchang

Postby londonlocked » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:51 pm

hey all
Im based in east london always up for weekend surf trips any one wanna ride share / make a convoy let me know. I've got a decent enough saloon and roof wraps. Up for checking out south coast spots, east coast and weekends down in devon/cornwall (sennen is my favourite).
give me a shout at tom@wnstudio.tv
londonlocked

Postby StefThisMemento » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:10 am

Hello London Surfers!

My name is Stef and I work for This Memento, a research agency based in Amsterdam.

For a client of ours, we're looking for London based passionate surfers, male or female, age between 19 and 24, unsponsored, and still in university, to participate in quite a cool project!

If you're interested and fit the description, please contact me at stef@thismemento.com and I'll get back to you straight away! The project is starting really quickly, so please respond asap if you're interested.

Looking forward to get in touch!

Cheers,
Stef
www.thismemento.com

p.s. Yes, this is an actual project, so no fake spam thing or whatever. :)
StefThisMemento

Next

Return to Ride Share