Surf-forecasting workshop

For discussion of surf forecasting science and technology, wave science, weather and board mechanics or for any questions about the magicseaweed.com forecasts and software.

Surf-forecasting workshop

Postby tonybutt » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:43 pm

The short course on wave forecasting I ran in Newquay recently was highly successful. I’m going to be running it again soon. First though, I’d be interested to know what people would like to get out of such a course. What sort of format would best suit people, and where would be the best location, in the UK? Is £5 per hour too expensive?
tonybutt

Re: Surf-forecasting workshop

Postby gavtheoldskater » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:07 am

i was'nt able to attend the one you ran earlier this year at lusty glaze but was wondering if you would be running another one.

out of interest what is your charge for the day/2 days and what would be the max number of people you would cater for? my thinking is that surf clubs/groups may be interested in hiring you, as against you setting up event/venue etc.

feel free to pm me.
gavtheoldskater

Postby Chris F » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 am

tonybutt wrote:where would be the best location, in the UK

Aberdeen
Chris F

Postby bombie » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Tony - I'd be interested in a course run in London (or Newquay). I'm making my way through your Surf Science book - it's raising as many questions as it's answering - is there any other book or other resource you could recommend that deals with how waves travel through water?
bombie

Return to Surf Science