zombie plan ?

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Re: zombie plan ?

Postby PapaWoolacombe » Wed May 25, 2011 5:56 pm

Chris F wrote:Are you sure zombies can anyway? Do they drown? Or would they just walk on the bottom Highlander style?

they the walk along the bottom until they are eventually eaten by the fishys.
PapaWoolacombe

Postby Zac Gibson » Wed May 25, 2011 7:21 pm

yeah in land of the dead they just walk along the bottom then come out the other side. If they dont know your there tho they woudnt swim across how do you think they will be tho? like 28 days later running zombies or old school dawn of the dead were you can just run past em?
Zac Gibson

Postby danny1 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:32 pm

PapaWoolacombe wrote:
Chris F wrote:Are you sure zombies can anyway? Do they drown? Or would they just walk on the bottom Highlander style?

they must need air surely.i did a biology degree and cant remember exactly why we need air but i think it is for powering muscles....if they cant power muscles they cant walk??1
danny1

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed May 25, 2011 10:26 pm

these are the new zombies though, half lungs , half gills :? they can swim and run like fuck as well ............
ATTMFKH

Postby Chris F » Thu May 26, 2011 8:04 am

danny1 wrote:
PapaWoolacombe wrote:

they must need air surely.i did a biology degree and cant remember exactly why we need air but i think it is for powering muscles....if they cant power muscles they cant walk??1

We basically need oxgen for keeping cells alive. However as zombie can still walk about with arms chopped off and don't seem to have any blood supply for getting oxygen to cells anyway they must have a different biology to us. Also apart from living flesh they don't seem to eat much, and they don't eat each other, so what do they live off when food supplies drop.

I think Zak raises a good point. As long as you keep a low profile they won't come looking for you.
Chris F

Postby flacky » Thu May 26, 2011 9:45 am

I get bored really easily. In a dead city, I'd find an old record shop and lock the doors and have a disco. Laying low wouldn't be an option.
flacky

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 am

Reckon I'd set-up camp in Fingals cave on Staffa - funnel them through the 'hot gates' 300 stylee ....... that way I could pick them off one by one - eat puffin & shag cormorants :wink:

That's after I've set-up & tested my desalination plant at the back of the cave ...... maybe see if I could gate-crash Flacky's undergound disco on my days off - could be Murder on the Dancefloor though :-|
ATTMFKH

Postby shackattack2 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:52 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:eat puffin & shag cormorants

Shag a shag too :?

Any living organism would suffice the zombie diet...beetles...sheep

Zombie insects would be really annoying....zombie bluebottles :shock:

[quote="Chris F"]We basically need oxgen for keeping cells alive. quote]

Anaerobic respiration? or is this only a temporary process....
shackattack2

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu May 26, 2011 12:59 pm

shackattack2 wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:eat puffin & shag cormorants

Shag a shag too :?

Thought you might have caught the subtlety there Shack , with the wee wink :wink:
ATTMFKH

Postby shackattack2 » Thu May 26, 2011 1:10 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Thought you might have caught the subtlety there Shack , with the wee wink

you'll have to excuse my unusual slowness....I think its the start of the zombification process :twisted:
shackattack2

Postby Chris F » Thu May 26, 2011 1:36 pm

shackattack2 wrote:Anaerobic respiration? or is this only a temporary process....

Like I said, I'm not really clued up on Zombie physiology. There this definitely a conflict between the various films I've seen. We need FACTS, or else we end up with a popular movie conflict like Back to the Future vs Terminator handling of the paradox of time travel.
Chris F

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu May 26, 2011 2:08 pm

I cannot believe I am googleing how zombie's work & how they are made................. STOP IT ...... :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby danny1 » Thu May 26, 2011 5:41 pm

ATTMFKH wrote: - eat puffin & shag cormorants :-|
I got a great survival curry recipe for chicken cormarant

Can they climb trees? could you live up trees in a forest. prob quite easy to drop rocks on their heads
danny1

Postby Underdog » Thu May 26, 2011 8:40 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:I cannot believe I am googleing how zombie's work & how they are made................. STOP IT ...... :lol:

I've fallen into the same trap.......Loads of info out there

Here's a couple:

Killing method -

"Put the zombie through a wood chipper. This is one of the most brutal zombie kills that you can do and will be great fun. I recommend getting a friend to help you with this because you'll need to literally feed the zombie into the wood chipper. What you'll do is incapacitate it and then lift it up and put it through the wood chipper feet first. There's not much else to be said about this method other than that it's awesome."

and, from another (my favourite) site,

Preparation

"I'm assuming the reader isn't currently experiencing a zombie outbreak. If you are, skip down to the next section.

Preparing now for zombiedom is a good idea. Remember what the TV preacher said, "When hell is full, the dead will walk the earth." So it's bound to happen sooner or later. Since it would look wierd if you started bricking up your windows and stockpiling rifles, you have to be smart about this.

First, get to know the guy in town who bought a pallet of Spam to survive Y2K. He probably still has a ton of that stuff around, and knows all the good hiding places.

Next, scout out all the big box retailers that carry ammo and food. Not too many eh? Tough luck, blue-stater. Someplace like WalMart is ideal, especially with the Garden Center for seed and stuff for longterm survival. A big bonus would be a nearby Home Depot or some such place so you can get plenty of lumber and quick-mix concrete for fortification.

While you're preparing, always keep in mind locations where people congregate - you're likely to find lots of zombies there when things turn ugly. Highways, malls, and schools are especially bad. You also might want to mention to your friends and family in passing how well your hiding place could be defended, etc. That way, when the zombies come, they'll remember you said that and come help you. I don't recommend telling them you're preparing for a zombie invasion"
Underdog

Postby Chris F » Fri May 27, 2011 8:22 am

All well and good but what if your friends and family become zombies and then know where you are?
Chris F

Postby Chris F » Fri May 27, 2011 8:24 am

danny1 wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote: - eat puffin & shag cormorants :-|
I got a great survival curry recipe for chicken cormarant

Can they climb trees? could you live up trees in a forest. prob quite easy to drop rocks on their heads

Yes, trees are well know for being full of ......rocks. :wink: Trouble with zombies is it looks like you need to destroy the brain to kill them, hard to guarantee that by dropping a rock on them. Firearms are a must I reckon, to guarantee kills.
Chris F

Postby flacky » Fri May 27, 2011 8:40 am

nail gun or BFG9000 . Sorted.
flacky

Postby shackattack2 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:34 am

Zombies are purely instinctive and show no emotion....exploit their weakness

Dig a pit around your residence, 12 feet deep should suffice. Cover with light twigs and watch those suckers drop. When your pit gets full I recomend a pump action shot gun to blow the heads off....then burn the bodies to make room for the next batch. Use the ashes from the bodies to fertilise your food crop, as you are now totally self sufficient.

And remember, there are a large number of surf zombies around these days. Do a search on this forum for various illustrations. Best not wait around at your local break anymore

They are a little like stoners.....bloodshot eyes, slow of mind, always hungry. They can be used as a case reference for future zombie dealings

Good luck out there
shackattack2

Postby flacky » Fri May 27, 2011 10:47 am

A massive game of mousetrap.
§
flacky

Postby danny1 » Fri May 27, 2011 1:43 pm

what is the fat content of zombies? its just i was thinking of boiling them up and making them into a biodiesel type fuel. could be a good side line with shackattacks pit idea. you catch em. i boil em up into a fuel.
danny1

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri May 27, 2011 2:32 pm

are zombies homo / hetero or asexual :? :? ............................ Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :shock:

Thing is though , would you ? I mean say you caught one that looked not too bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby shackattack2 » Fri May 27, 2011 2:37 pm

danny1 wrote:what is the fat content of zombies? its just i was thinking of boiling them up and making them into a biodiesel type fuel. could be a good side line with shackattacks pit idea. you catch em. i boil em up into a fuel.

Could be a potential source of zombie nepalm too....good idea for when the bullets run low
shackattack2

Postby flacky » Fri May 27, 2011 2:57 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:are zombies homo / hetero or asexual :? :? ............................ Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :shock:

Thing is though , would you ? I mean say you caught one that looked not too bad :lol: :lol: :lol:

yes
flacky

Postby roberdy » Fri May 27, 2011 3:12 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:are zombies homo / hetero or asexual :? :? ............................ Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :shock:

If it looks like your avatar, axe to the head to make a cleft first.....
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby skasteppa » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Looks like Emmerdales a no go..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKoPmNGC-tc
skasteppa

Postby munkee » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:35 am

munkee

Postby Black » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:53 am

Sorry just repeated the above :oops:

I don't read stupid threads like this anyway.

hang on a minute there's somebody knocking at the door... and windows...
Black

Postby Leedsol » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 pm

Season 3, Walking Dead, totally blown away by it, thought they couldn't top s2 but it just keeps getting better. Glad this season advocates killing useless neighbours or neighbours who might steal your provisions - coupla neighbours in my cross hairs when it all goes down lol

Brooks Zombie Survival guide is ace. Me and mates just keep exchanging zombie survival tips, one was gonna live in the lakes, near Windscale! No way I advised.
You're too deep Camel..its Indo not Margaret River
Leedsol

Postby flacky » Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:03 pm

Best telly ever. Loved Season 2 also, even though loads of people said it was too much involved with the cast... ?? uh?? Season 3 is kicking zombie ass!
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:07 am

Derren Brown Zombie thing - true or false ?
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

PreviousNext

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)