Congratulations Roy Stewart!

Congratulations Roy Stewart!

Postby MulletMug » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:57 pm

Congratulations Roy Stewart! You are in fact the most annoying member MSW has ever seen. After a few weeks of looking on here for good info, i've discovered all that you have accomplished on these boards. Congratulations, you are the winner, your check and trophy will arrive in 3-5 business days. You should think about entering the World Competition, although Carrot Top, and Mike "The Situation", will be tough competitors, but i think you have what it takes.
Last edited by MulletMug on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
MulletMug

Re: Congratulations Roy Stewart!

Postby ATTMFKH » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:01 am

I think the man is a fine craftsman and an entertainer , the Forum would be a much duller place without him :-)
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Rickyroughneck » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:02 am

MulletMug wrote:Congratulations Roy Stewart! You are infact the most annoying member MSW has ever seen. After a few weeks of looking on here for good info, i've discovered all that you have accomplished on these boards. Congratulations, you are the winner, your check and trophy will arrive in 3-5 busineess days. You should think about entering the World Competion, although Carrot Top, and Mike "The Situation", will be tough competitors, but i think you have what it takes.

*in fact
*cheque
*business
*competition
Rickyroughneck

Postby skimmer2 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:45 am

ATTMFKH wrote:I think the man is a fine craftsman and an entertainer , the Forum would be a much duller place without him :-)

Fine craftsman...absolutely....stunning boards
Entertainer.....hmmmm...at times
Duller forum.....agreed

What you forgot:

Annoying/hijacking/self promoter/objectional/single-minded/always right...etc

It's the hi-jacking of threads for the sake of it that bugs me most....spoils some very good threads.....but what I am always amazed at is that intelligent people on this forum rise to the bait every time....and so it continues.

I'd like to see more pics of the sword in action :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ninja Roy at his finest.
skimmer2

Postby Kamikaze » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am

Kamikaze

Postby Roy Stuart » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:06 am

skimmer2 wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:I think the man is a fine craftsman and an entertainer , the Forum would be a much duller place without him :-)

Fine craftsman...absolutely....stunning boards
Entertainer.....hmmmm...at times
Duller forum.....agreed

What you forgot:

Annoying/hijacking/self promoter/objectional/single-minded/always right...etc

It's the hi-jacking of threads for the sake of it that bugs me most....spoils some very good threads.....but what I am always amazed at is that intelligent people on this forum rise to the bait every time....and so it continues.

I'd like to see more pics of the sword in action :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Ninja Roy at his finest.

I don't hijack threads I respond to the thread content with intelligent and relevant posts, these attract a lot of attention simply because the opinions expressed are not those of the majority.

Those who respond to my posts are often unable to do so without hijacking the thread into personal attack mode... i refer you to the usual suspects.

www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby roberdy » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:15 am

Immediately moved to Caught Inside. good effort Mullet.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby mal-nourished » Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:00 pm

can we not just find away to put roy in his own little compartment somewhere where if he does comment on threads its shown that he has commented and if one chooses to do so they can log into his special place rather than have his ramblings cluttering up every decent thread that appears he is dragging the forum down...everyones a winner and he has no recourse about censorship... 8)
mal-nourished

Postby roberdy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:22 am

I am staying on the fence, the entire forum vs Roy thing is tedious in the extreme and detracts from what is often pretty solid and reasoned debate, as soon as the comments about mafia, Gmac, Randy Rarick and the Olo tour start up it is usually the death knell for any thread.

Threads created for the simple ends of denigrating any forum member will be moved straight in here, no questions.
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby mal-nourished » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:54 am

unfortunately it is the baggage roy carries with him its not going to be swept under the carpet .. 8)
mal-nourished

Postby Kamikaze » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:41 pm

mal-nourished wrote:unfortunately it is the baggage roy carries with him its not going to be swept under the carpet .. 8)

It will if you all stop replying. Its easy. He talks shit, don't respond, if he hasn't got anyone to wind up, there's no point to his existence.
Kamikaze

Postby mal-nourished » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:57 pm

easier said than done .. :-) the talking shit isnt the problem its something we all do its the monopolising of threads that gets my back up if he eased up on that and showed just a bit more self control on occasion it would be a improvement ...he does bring something to the table and contrary to what people might think me and roy dont have that big a problem with each other ... :roll: roy if your reading this dont be so defensive all the time not every comment is a attack upon you lighten up a bit most of the comments are tongue in cheek and are not really malicous ..
mal-nourished

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:47 pm

There's no monopolising, the bottom line is that when I express my opinion it would go no further than one post if people didn't find it interesting enough to respond to. You respond with dozens of posts and are one of the main responders to start the personal attack syndrome and yet you have the hypocricy to accuse me of thread hijacking.

Basically you feel that you must respond as you can't let the dissenting opinion go unchallenged... that's your choice so suffer the consequences, the consequences being a protracted argument.

If you didn't want the argument you wouldn't engage in it so stop pretending that you are a victim and use the ignore button if you wish to avoid conversation with me.

www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:50 pm

roberdy wrote:I am staying on the fence, the entire forum vs Roy thing is tedious in the extreme and detracts from what is often pretty solid and reasoned debate, as soon as the comments about mafia, Gmac, Randy Rarick and the Olo tour start up it is usually the death knell for any thread.

Gmac randy etc is almost always brought up by malnourished and Chai Wallah not myself.

Reasoned debate is what I do!

There is an ignore feature, anyone who responds does so by exercising their free will.

www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:52 pm

mal-nourished wrote:can we not just find away to put roy in his own little compartment somewhere where if he does comment on threads its shown that he has commented and if one chooses to do so they can log into his special place rather than have his ramblings cluttering up every decent thread that appears he is dragging the forum down...everyones a winner and he has no recourse about censorship... 8)

The oldest trick in the book, make a humungous sh*t fight every time someone you want to get rid of turns up and then cry to the moderator to have him banned.... zero respect for such idiocy, maybe you should quarantine yourself instead.
www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby Chai Wallah » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:
roberdy wrote:I am staying on the fence, the entire forum vs Roy thing is tedious in the extreme and detracts from what is often pretty solid and reasoned debate, as soon as the comments about mafia, Gmac, Randy Rarick and the Olo tour start up it is usually the death knell for any thread.

Gmac randy etc is almost always brought up by malnourished and Chai Wallah not myself.

Reasoned debate is what I do!

There is an ignore feature, anyone who responds does so by exercising their free will.

When Mate? I have mentioned it once or twice in 3 years mate - Another lie there Roy - Why dont you just tell the truth for once in your life
Chai Wallah

Postby mal-nourished » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:37 pm

roy do your homework stewart the 3rd post in by stan opened the can of worms on the longboard for bigger waves and the 4th post is you once again defamating him [ randy rarrick..] and so it goes on and on not for the first time ..yes once the can of worms is opened im going to chip in youve made a rod for your own back with all your stories and claims simple..if you dont like what is written about you i suggest you put up or shut up providing solid proof ..but no thats not your style and you wonder why everyone jumps on your case to single myself and chai out is incorrect ... :roll: but carry on im sure its doing wonders for your reputation and buisness ...
mal-nourished

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:43 am

Mate I have no objection to you having the right to respond or reply in any way, so go for it.

You on the other hand have posted that you want my posts quarantined, a ridiculous request given that there is an ignore function on the forum.

www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby Roy Stuart » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:45 am

roberdy wrote:
the entire forum vs Roy thing is tedious in the extreme

It hasn't happened, it's just Roy vs a handful of the usual suspects out of a huge list of members.

Just a reminder to stick to the facts.

www.roystuart.biz
Roy Stuart

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:42 am

roy we know each other well enough this is me being straight with you theres no real need for quaruntine that was probably a bit ott but stop fpr a minute and look at it through the eyes of the community...we are pretty fortunate in the fact it is a self moderating forum and as we are part of that community i think we have a responsibility to try keep things in perspective myself included..there is allways and has been controversy surrounding your board and your persona and we are all going to have different opinions surrounding yourself and your boards ..but read beetween the lines and look at things without prejudice and there is a interest and a respect for you and your board.. what makes it difficult is the way it is presented to us somettimes belittling other shapers and designs doesnt help you and to be totally honest breaks down any goodwill people have for yourself and your equipment...your better than that roy .. :wink: its a forum there is allways going to be sledging and spoiling of threads as ive stated earlier it is difficult not to react when things get heated but i think you i and all the other members sometimes just need to draw breath sometimes and remenber it is just that a forum all im asking roy is just dont be so abrasive in your presentation and arguments it alienates you be part of the community but respect the fact not everyone is going to get it ..just think about your under no obligation to change things and this isnt all down to you myself and others are guilty as charged of fanning the flames theres room for compromise here roy 8)
mal-nourished

Postby roberdy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:59 am

Roy Stuart wrote:
roberdy wrote:
the entire forum vs Roy thing is tedious in the extreme

It hasn't happened, it's just Roy vs a handful of the usual suspects out of a huge list of members.

Just a reminder to stick to the facts.

Rather than meaning the entire forum vs Roy I meant the entirety of the situation of the forum vs Roy, I guess I should be more clear. My comments above were not meant as a snub to you, as noted, I am staying either firmly on the bench on this or trying to stay as objective as I can. It may be the group of people who you come under fire from are quite small, but they contribute enough posts and views to keep you pretty busy! Some of their comments are fair enough, you are not always that forthcoming with information and you do obfuscate quite a bit but then you aren't the only one who does that.

I am an advocate of tolerance, both for other people's views and the right to free speech, getting a decent balance between them is not easy and there are clearly people who believe that the right to free speech no matter who far it goes is more important than being tolerant and accepting the views of other as just that, the views of others. To quote one of our previous mods, "opinions are like arseholes, everyone has got one", by extension you could say that a lot of shite comes out of them too.
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby mal-nourished » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 pm

we are not the enemy roy we are your friends ok..enough said. avagoodun [ photo..mel-splashography..]
Attachments
375437_267515569950143_201621116539589_706702_181691777_n.jpg
375437_267515569950143_201621116539589_706702_181691777_n.jpg (8.24 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
mal-nourished

Postby Kamikaze » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:40 pm

Roy Stuart wrote:There's no monopolising, the bottom line is that when I express my opinion it would go no further than one post if people didn't find it interesting enough to respond to. You respond with dozens of posts and are one of the main responders to start the personal attack syndrome and yet you have the hypocricy to accuse me of thread hijacking.

Basically you feel that you must respond as you can't let the dissenting opinion go unchallenged... that's your choice so suffer the consequences, the consequences being a protracted argument.

If you didn't want the argument you wouldn't engage in it so stop pretending that you are a victim and use the ignore button if you wish to avoid conversation with me.

And I rest my case.

Just don't answer, he'll have to go wind up swaylocks then, assuming he isn't still banned.

Fekkit. I just answered.

Does David Ike own one of your boards?
Kamikaze

Postby eire08 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:21 am

this is really entertaining hahaha
You can take me outta the surf ,,,but you'll never take the surf outta me!!
eire08

Postby waxer00 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:24 am

yes i agree ,the irony here is simply the best.a long protracted argument about not having long protracted arguments :lol:
waxer00

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:06 pm

waxer00 wrote:yes i agree ,the irony here is simply the best.a long protracted argument about not having long protracted arguments :lol:

Pleonasm :roll: :mrgreen:
ATTMFKH

Postby waxer00 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:00 am

just googled pleonasm :-D thanks for that .i`ll be using it soon in a posting near you .thanks for the `free gift`!
waxer00

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:31 pm

waxer00 wrote:just googled pleonasm :-D thanks for that .i`ll be using it soon in a posting near you .thanks for the `free gift`!

always a pleasure , never a chore :wink: :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby Philshoz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:59 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:always a pleasure , never a chore :wink: :-)

Is that what you tell the missus?
http://philshorrock.blogspot.fr/
Philshoz

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:36 pm

Philshoz wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:always a pleasure , never a chore :wink: :-)

Is that what you tell the missus?

:lol: :lol: cunny funt :lol:
ATTMFKH

Return to Caught Inside