Severn Bore

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Severn Bore

Postby Coyotesurferuk » Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Hi
Does anyone here surf the bore ? if so would you be up for advising on the best way to go about it when there is a wave of course !
Thanks.
Coyotesurferuk

Re: Severn Bore

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Mmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmm

Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Coyotesurferuk » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:41 am

Nice !
Coyotesurferuk

Postby ATTMFKH » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:54 am

c'mon man - the digital age , if you can register and post a query on MSW you can certainly do your research on riding the bore.

The tide times and ratings / sizes are well documented for years ahead.

There are numerous forums you can browse as a guest and suss out loads of info on 1st launches and how to chase it up river. Fuck you can fly up the river using google earth

There a loads of people on here with a huge knowledge of the bore through decades of riding it. If you hadn't come on with such a lame question then you would probably have had a better response ..........
ATTMFKH

Postby ilovesabrina » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:18 am

Have a look at The Bore Forum for starters

http://mhweather.co.uk/yabb/YaBB.pl
ilovesabrina

Postby Sea&Sky » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:09 am

Sea&Sky

Postby ilovesabrina » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:32 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:c'mon man - the digital age , if you can register and post a query on MSW you can certainly do your research on riding the bore.

There are numerous forums you can browse as a guest and suss out loads of info on 1st launches and how to chase it up river. Fuck you can fly up the river using google earth

There a loads of people on here with a huge knowledge of the bore through decades of riding it. If you hadn't come on with such a lame question then you would probably have had a better response ..........

Oh dear ATTMFKH you sound like you are having a bad hair day! I dont think Coyotesurferuk was asking an unreasonable question. To ask a question is not an unreasonable way of doing research. Come ride the bore, feel the love and have a good hair day.
ilovesabrina

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:10 pm

ilovesabrina wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:c'mon man - the digital age , if you can register and post a query on MSW you can certainly do your research on riding the bore.

Oh dear ATTMFKH you sound like you are having a bad hair day! I dont think Coyotesurferuk was asking an unreasonable question. To ask a question is not an unreasonable way of doing research. Come ride the bore, feel the love and have a good hair day.

All because the Lady
loves more than
Milktray
:wink:

tell KidderLidder I said Hi
ATTMFKH

Postby ilovesabrina » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:56 am

ATTMFKH wrote:
ilovesabrina wrote:

All because the Lady
loves more than
Milktray
:wink:

tell KidderLidder I said Hi

Will do :-)
ilovesabrina

Postby bigfeller » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:51 pm

Coyotesurf approached me via a different forum several weeks ago and had all the advice he needed to get him started...Job done.

But MSW is not the place for questions like that. A little research will have shown how they're dealt with hereabouts. :-D :-D :-D

How do ATTMFKH, howsit hangin?
bigfeller

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:35 pm

Not bad big man - another board for the quiver on Friday there so all good :-D

Eyeing up the early March & April tides ..... trying to swing a wee work trip to pay for the fuel again ...... need to top up the silt in my wettie :lol: :lol:

Sabrina been good to you of late ?
ATTMFKH

Postby bigfeller » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:40 pm

Absolute corker of a wave on the home run up to Maisemore back in Nov... summer weather, chest high glass going like a runaway train with just me and 2 others in. And my best overall mileage ever on the set of tides as a whole that month, so yeh... pretty damn fine actually.
She's not in great form at the moment though. In need of a good flushing to shift some of the mudbanks around after the relatively dry year we had. Still, when the tides get bigger, if nothing else it'll make the top end of the run fire a few bullets, which is always good.

Give us a shout next time you're thinking of making the journey.
bigfeller

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:29 pm

good stuff ...... will do

hope you avoided the RSJ's up the top end :shock:
ATTMFKH

Postby bigfeller » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:53 am

Same day. They had missed out at the mile so they were late and only got in at the last bridge. I kicked out there right by the steps while they went that last couple of hundred yards up to the weir and those of them that didn't get their boards trashed on the girder got a little rebound ride back to the steps with damaged board in tow.... now fixed after a brief stay in St Sabrina's A+E for damaged boards... ILS's place.
bigfeller

Return to Ride Share