Post your boards

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Post your boards

Postby roberdy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 6:15 pm

wigsy wrote:
Craivold wrote:Damn near identical I'd say..
take the bumps off the dwart and you have the prozac pretty much.
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Craivold » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah they are dead similar, satisfying the need for some extra volume but keeping some agility - read that some people think the bumps on the Dwart make it a little skittish in turns but we shall see. What dims did you go for on your Dwart inspired effort Roberdy? Deifnitely be interested to hear both of your experiences with those boards as it'll be a while before I get mine wet again looking at the report for the South Coast :-( . Promising to hear that she likes a turn though.
http://dragonhilldiaries.com/
Craivold

Postby Benr » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:51 pm

8' squish shaped by ACE.
Attachments
ACESQUISH.jpg
ACESQUISH.jpg (65.46 KiB) Viewed 1201 times
Benr

Postby zboy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:22 pm

board 020.JPG
board 020.JPG (51.77 KiB) Viewed 1244 times
5.4 by 20 by 2 3/4 maiden voyage today in small weak surf :-) :p
zboy

Postby wigsy » Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:49 pm

roberdy wrote:
wigsy wrote:
Craivold wrote:Damn near identical I'd say..
take the bumps off the dwart and you have the prozac pretty much.

Prozac's got the bumps too, if by bumps you mean little step things toward the tail...
wigsy

Postby skimmer2 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:53 pm

Benr wrote:8' squish shaped by ACE.

That looks a fun board :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
skimmer2

Postby Wave4Surf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:20 pm

Here it goes:

My first board:
^^BicSurf Kid Twin Fin Board 5'6

My current board:
^^BicSurf Fish 5'10

My other current board:
Klimax Shortboard 6'0 Flames Model
Still waiting for the day with a nice well, good temperature and me being at the beach - season start
Wave4Surf

Postby roberdy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:44 pm

wigsy wrote:
roberdy wrote:take the bumps off the dwart and you have the prozac pretty much.

Prozac's got the bumps too, if by bumps you mean little step things toward the tail...

Ah correct, not sure what I was looking at but maybe I didn't notice the bumps on it! Anyway, got the Precious wet last Saturday, goes great, surf was not so good and I'll need to spend a bit of time dialling it in but initial impression is brilliant. Paddles well for a 6'0 board with a 15st 10 bloke on it, picks up well into waves, gets in good and quick for a board this short, felt like I was pushing water on it a bit until I moved forwards a touch and found the sweet paddling spot, then it was a different story entirely. You know when you see people paddling a board in such a comfortable position that they have their feet crossed behind them? That's how I was in the water which is unusual for me really! As noted, although surfing my fave local right hander on a very low spring tide the swell just was not hitting the bank right so didn't have a lot of power and was a looooong time between sets. still I got a few and managed to get a couple of short clips, remember this is it's first outing and I have not ridden a board this short apart from two waves on a little 5'6 twinny a month or so ago!

https://vimeo.com/40040526

So as a thruster in the morning it went fine on all waves except one where I popped my back foot right at the front of the tailpad I put on, chest to head set wave and it skipped out just as I was about to get into the bottom turn, shame as it was probably the best looking wave I caught all morning, pretty sure it was the foot placement that tripped me up but keen to try it in the same size waves as a quad as well. My Rusty Piranha went well as a quad and I didn't find it too stiff or tracky on the backhand. Paul did say that if it is a good size, head to head 1/2 then just stick all 5 fins in, not sure where I am going to get that opportunity on the east coast but will have to see what the north coast brings for me this
year!

Not sure yet if it will be a quiver killer, need to try it in a wider range of waves and with the full range of fin set ups on it. Paul shipped it with Taylor Knox thruster set and some LBX3's as the rear pair for the quad set, I have LBX5's as well which Rob shipped my Dynamo with, the Taylor's have a bit more rake which I think is good for the right I was on in the morning but I swapped out to the LBX5's and set it as a quad in the afternoon surfing the chunky beachy, the logic being that the LBX5's and 3's paired might offset a bit of tracky-ness I might get from the quad config (could be total bs though!).

Anyhoo, praying for more waves and a trip to the north coast soon!

Will post some photos in a bit, gotta tidy up before the missus comes home, had the decks out this weekend for the first time in about three years and there are boards, wetsuits, decks and boxes of records everywhere...
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby buttholesurfer » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:58 pm

^^ just moving the fins around 1/8" to 1/4" can cure the board from tracking. Stick a small flat head screw driver in your wetsuit key pocket and tweak it as you surf... works wonders! Next time I see you bobbing around I'll have ago on your anti-depressant pill!
buttholesurfer

Postby roberdy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:32 pm

buttholesurfer wrote:^^ just moving the fins around 1/8" to 1/4" can cure the board from tracking. Stick a small flat head screw driver in your wetsuit key pocket and tweak it as you surf... works wonders! Next time I see you bobbing around I'll have ago on your anti-depressant pill!

Good advice mate, I will try that :) oh forgot the dimensions too, it 6'0 x 20 3/4 x 2 5/8

So, more pics after waxing, tailpad and gopro mount! About what wigsy said about the hips, I think they are a lot further back along the rail than on the Prozac, and more subtle too, not sure if anyone agrees with that. Certainly the glassing is epic, feels really solid and I think the wondercloth on the deck adds more strength to it too. Overall I am really pleased, impressed with the board and the way it feels and slightly surprised in myself that I can get something this small moving and keep it that way! Still need to lose another 4 or 5 lbs though!

And my other distraction this weekend :)

The Janitor
roberdy

Postby nomar » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:47 am

My new old skool log from slide 65, still unused can't wait for those small summer waves.
Attachments
Scan 53.jpeg
Scan 53.jpeg (55.83 KiB) Viewed 1010 times
nomar

Postby nomar » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:54 am

Board and cover, dims are 9'6''x23 1/4'' x 18 1/2'' x 16 1/2'' x3 1/8''
Attachments
Scan 54.jpeg
Scan 54.jpeg (51.45 KiB) Viewed 1006 times
nomar

Postby Craivold » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 am

roberdy wrote:
buttholesurfer wrote:^^ just moving the fins around 1/8" to 1/4" can cure the board from tracking. Stick a small flat head screw driver in your wetsuit key pocket and tweak it as you surf... works wonders! Next time I see you bobbing around I'll have ago on your anti-depressant pill!

Good advice mate, I will try that :) oh forgot the dimensions too, it 6'0 x 20 3/4 x 2 5/8

So, more pics after waxing, tailpad and gopro mount! About what wigsy said about the hips, I think they are a lot further back along the rail than on the Prozac, and more subtle too, not sure if anyone agrees with that.

Enjoying the vid - maybe I've been surfing the south coast too long but some of those rides looked long & muchos fun to me so it couldn't have been hitting the bank too badly! As for the bumps from the pics posted I'd definitely say the Prozac's look like they come in further up the rail than Roberdy's Glide jobbie and my Dwart replica, probably a marginal effect but I'm guessing that would give more straight line speed (straighter rail for longer) but a more abrupt transition through turns due to the progression to stubby thumb tail being condensed into a smaller area? The bumps on my fat lizard start almost half-way down the tail-pad, so pretty far back, should be able to see better in this pic with it next to my speed dialer;

Got her in the water again on Tuesday this time at B'mouth Pier at the tail-end of the strong SWesterlies we had along the channel over the weekend, so weak, waist high, dribbly wind waves were the order of the day with the occasional nice clean wally section that appeared from time to time. Paddling is definitely way different on this thing than my speed dialer, I've found the best way to paddle it is to be further up the board but to really arch your back so you're upper chest lifts some weight off the nose - this seems to stop it ploughing water and gets it planing nicely. Wave catching wise I reckon it catches almost anything my fishy dialer can catch but it surfs more like a conventional short board, it's definitely slower than the dialer (but most boards probably are) but that gives more control and it's more biased toward back foot movement and it feels like you could go anywhere on the wave which is exactly what I was looking for from it really - don't know whether you'd concur with that Roberdy/Wigsy? Made the only two waves I caught which peeled a little lots of fun so just looking to getting some more water time in now, hoping to complete a move to N Devon by the end of next month so should be able to get in with some more regularity then :P

Also, Roberdy - what tunes you into? That pic's making me want to raid my parents loft for my old Numark direct drives, haven't had a play on them in almost ten years now, back then these new fangled laptops weren't involved - I wouldn't have a clue what to do with that attached to the mixer.
Craivold

Postby roberdy » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:20 am

Craivold wrote:Paddling is definitely way different on this thing than my speed dialer, I've found the best way to paddle it is to be further up the board but to really arch your back so you're upper chest lifts some weight off the nose - this seems to stop it ploughing water and gets it planing nicely. ~ and it's more biased toward back foot movement and it feels like you could go anywhere on the wave which is exactly what I was looking for from it really - don't know whether you'd concur with that Roberdy/Wigsy?

Pretty much exactly this, definitely aboutt he paddling from further up the board with your back more arched, the pilates of the last month really helped with this too, so much that I am doing it at home in the evenings a couple of times a week now as well.

Craivold wrote:Also, Roberdy - what tunes you into? That pic's making me want to raid my parents loft for my old Numark direct drives, haven't had a play on them in almost ten years now, back then these new fangled laptops weren't involved - I wouldn't have a clue what to do with that attached to the mixer.

Am into quite a wide range of dance music mate, not really been playing much the last few years as being an IT consultant has meant lots of travel, based in home town again now now more time for tuneage :)

I have vinyl from 1998 - 2005 (last record I bought was in 2005) and digital tunes since then, approx 3k 12'' sitting in my loft, trance, hard hoose, breaks and quality house! In the digital box there's a lot more progressive house, techno and breaks, from mellow floaty stuff through to full on tear out Elite Force, et al.

What's gutting right now is that the wind turbine outside my office shows bang offshore, it is low tide right now at the beach one mile away but as the wife has taken the car I don't have my board or a way to get there and by tonight the wind will have fu*ked it completely :(
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:35 pm

:roll: lack of committment , disappointed
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Craivold » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:17 pm

roberdy wrote:
Am into quite a wide range of dance music mate, not really been playing much the last few years as being an IT consultant has meant lots of travel, based in home town again now now more time for tuneage :)

I have vinyl from 1998 - 2005 (last record I bought was in 2005) and digital tunes since then, approx 3k 12'' sitting in my loft, trance, hard hoose, breaks and quality house! In the digital box there's a lot more progressive house, techno and breaks, from mellow floaty stuff through to full on tear out Elite Force, et al.

3k vinyls eh? Nice. Don't think my collection is that expansive but used to spend around 30 notes a week on vinyl for a good year or so when I was 16, mostly deep techy house - used to love the stuff from Circulation (the colours series, this was a particular fave - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue8XMN5YV6k - need the bass up to fully appreciate) but also got involved with some intelligent/liquid d'n'b too, Bukem, hospital records, kubiks & Lomax, Commix etc.... Haven't had has much time as I'd have liked to get into music over the last few years so well out of touch with it now really but chatting (typing?!) about it is making me think I should dig the record box out.

Anyway - back on surfing - poor form not making it to the beach today when you've got a new stick to get to grips with ;2)
Craivold

Postby North Devon Lad » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:44 pm

Picked up this last weekend. Stoked.
http://gregnormansurfer.blogspot.com/
www.blackandwhitesurfcoltd.co.uk
www.tikisurf.co.uk
www.elusivesurf.com
www.obsessive-disorder.com
North Devon Lad

Postby swiggy » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:48 pm

roberdy wrote:
What's gutting right now is that the wind turbine outside my office shows bang offshore, it is low tide right now at the beach one mile away but as the wife has taken the car I don't have my board or a way to get there and by tonight the wind will have fu*ked it completely :(

Are you kidding? A mile? 15 mins quick walk :shock: I used to cycle 7 miles to the beach all the time with a board
swiggy

Postby roberdy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:32 am

swiggy wrote:
roberdy wrote:

Are you kidding? A mile? 15 mins quick walk :shock: I used to cycle 7 miles to the beach all the time with a board

Cheers Swiggy, at the time I only had an hour lunch break, 15 mins walk each way and 10 mins each way to get in and out of the wetsuit, 5 min run along the side of the beach to the jump off point and a 5 min wait for a set I would get maybe one wave before having to get out of the water!!
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:16 am

roberdy wrote:
swiggy wrote:
roberdy wrote:

Cheers Swiggy, at the time I only had an hour lunch break, 15 mins walk each way and 10 mins each way to get in and out of the wetsuit, 5 min run along the side of the beach to the jump off point and a 5 min wait for a set I would get maybe one wave before having to get out of the water!!

Could be the wave though , eh ? 8)
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby roberdy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:21 pm

North Devon Lad wrote:Image

By the way, that's fricken nice NDL, having to make do with new fins to brighten my longboarding experience at the moment although the precious is taking most of my time at the moment!
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby rodent » Fri May 18, 2012 1:54 pm

Not quite ready yet but :-D

It's a 6'4 one to rule them all by Ab3
FREE THE DEADLY
rodent

Postby North Devon Lad » Fri May 18, 2012 3:28 pm

roberdy wrote:
North Devon Lad wrote:Image

By the way, that's fricken nice NDL, having to make do with new fins to brighten my longboarding experience at the moment although the precious is taking most of my time at the moment!

Cheers Roberdy.
Really stoked with it, but only got it wet once at Croyde since I've had it. Darn flat spell.
Took my little wombat inspired 2+1 in the onshore slop we've had which has been going great.
http://gregnormansurfer.blogspot.com/
www.blackandwhitesurfcoltd.co.uk
www.tikisurf.co.uk
www.elusivesurf.com
www.obsessive-disorder.com
North Devon Lad

Postby TVB III. » Mon May 21, 2012 9:30 am

Well then, finally ...

quiverbottom.jpg
quiverbottom.jpg (41.47 KiB) Viewed 486 times

quiverdeck.jpg
quiverdeck.jpg (51.45 KiB) Viewed 486 times

Thruster 6´8" x 20 1/2"
Fish 6' x 21 3/8' x 2 5/8'

Still love 'em both but stepping on the fish has been a revelation ...
Last edited by TVB III. on Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TVB III.

Postby flacky » Mon May 21, 2012 5:07 pm

My new board, Diaz. Named after Cameron, because every fecker's had her!!! You still would though...

Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby REO » Tue May 22, 2012 12:44 pm

mctavish scooter picking up today.. cant wait!
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

Postby flacky » Tue May 22, 2012 12:57 pm

REO wrote:mctavish scooter picking up today.. cant wait!

Ah nice one mate, I'd love that board. Considered buying it but just got a new mac so skintus...
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby Barneyrubble » Tue May 22, 2012 12:59 pm

flacky wrote:My new board, Diaz. Named after Cameron, because every fecker's had her!!! You still would though...

Looks fun that Flacky. :-D
Barneyrubble

Postby REO » Tue May 22, 2012 9:38 pm

flacky wrote:
REO wrote:mctavish scooter picking up today.. cant wait!

Ah nice one mate, I'd love that board. Considered buying it but just got a new bigmac so skintus...

I wanted yours pretty bad to haha.. hes me new summer chunky ride :-

mctavish scooter, yellow resin tint, single to pretty deep double 6'0 x 21 and 3/4'2 x 2 and 7/8's
fingers x'd theres half decent waves tomorrow now :)
Spent most of my life surfing...wasted the rest
REO

PreviousNext

Return to General