jetlag

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

jetlag

Postby roberdy » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 am

What a beyatch that is when you have to go to work the day after you get home innit :(
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Re: jetlag

Postby Black » Mon Aug 13, 2012 12:15 pm

:p
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby Chris F » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:03 pm

I did it on the way back from NZ, arrived home Sunday night - back to work Monday. Apparently you need a day to recover for every timezone, so thought there was no point in trying.

Things that help;

Get as much sunlight in the day as possible (today - hah!), get outside as much as possible, try get on your regular routine as soon as possible. If you want to do a shortcut CTRL+ALT+DEL go out and get totally ratarsed. Completely resets the clock.

You could also try melatonin supplements.

And if none of these work - I'm going to see if there's a wave first light Wednesday?
Chris F

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 6:13 am

Chris F wrote:And if none of these work - I'm going to see if there's a wave first light Wednesday?

Feeling a bit better today, got a full 8 hour sleep up to about 30 mins ago. Should make it easier to deal with the world! Not sure about a dawny tomoz, will have a look tonight on way home.
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 am

I wanna see photos within the hour or I'm spambotting this forum to hell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Poo Stance

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:10 am

Poo Stance wrote:I wanna see photos within the hour or I'm spambotting this forum to hell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

heh, they're on their way, took about 800 photos while away, couple of hours of GoPro footage although barely any decent stuff from surfing all from snrokelling and scuba! To be honest the waves were not epic for me, WA was a bit on the big and fricken scary side, Vic was good but slack at Bells and the only place I had really good waves the battery on the GoPro died after two waves, serve me for not charging it properly the night before. Anyway, there's some ok pics to put up, I need to go through them and load to flickr and then link on here, tedious ! Will get on some of it tonight for you Mr Stance :)
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:22 am

You have till 8pm tonight or I'm creating a user for every 30mins that pass after that :lol:

You must have something on you now you can sort me out with? Just a wee phone pic, anything... I'm desperate man...
Poo Stance

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:35 am

Poo Stance wrote:You have till 8pm tonight or I'm creating a user for every 30mins that pass after that :lol:

You must have something on you now you can sort me out with? Just a wee phone pic, anything... I'm desperate man...

Okay okay man, this is one of Bells, feels like about a month ago, mostly waist to chest and not hitting the reef that well, had to wait ages for the bigger ones but when they came there were some good ones :)

The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:42 am

ahhhhhhhhhhhh... that's hit the spot...

MORE MORE MORE :evil: :evil: :evil:
Poo Stance

Postby Paul C » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:14 pm

After years of shiftwork jetlag is nothing.
Paul C

Postby danny1 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:12 pm

There is a little known reset button on humans...if you put your finger up your arse and press your belly button for 10 secs..this should do that trick
yak yak yak yak yak yak yak
danny1

Postby Poo Stance » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:33 pm

Was this trick shown to you Danny or did you discover it by yourself? :?
Poo Stance

Postby Philshoz » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:44 pm

roberdy wrote:
Poo Stance wrote:I wanna see photos within the hour or I'm spambotting this forum to hell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

heh, they're on their way, took about 800 photos while away, couple of hours of GoPro footage although barely any decent stuff from surfing all from snrokelling and scuba! To be honest the waves were not epic for me, WA was a bit on the big and fricken scary side, Vic was good but slack at Bells and the only place I had really good waves the battery on the GoPro died after two waves, serve me for not charging it properly the night before. Anyway, there's some ok pics to put up, I need to go through them and load to flickr and then link on here, tedious ! Will get on some of it tonight for you Mr Stance :)

I don't think he surfed at all. I just kept getting pics of him and the misses drinking cocktails on Instagram............. :shock:
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm

alright you buggers, here a few more shots, to be honest the only place it was proper good was at Johanna's down south, Marg's was mostly too big except for Indjinup car park which was perfect but got busy real quick.

Anyway;

Trigg Beach Perth

Random wave on Rottnest next to the lagoon we snorkelled in

Post scare at Yallingup, it was kinda sizey for a intermediate on a 6'0 board with no rocker...

Margs 1

Margs 2

Margs 3

Margs 4

Bells from the carpark, small and slack

Bells at zoom

Bells folks, the wife missed the couple of waves I got, she was too busy taking pics of seaweed!

The one to rule them all on tour! (that's the name of the board btw!)

The Janitor
roberdy

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:17 pm

few better shots of Bells;

The Janitor
roberdy

Postby roberdy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:24 pm

Johanna's, looked small from a distance but by the time I walked about a half mile up the beach I realised it was more like chest to head with occasional solid head high waves coming through. I took these shots after I got out, tide was dropping as was the swell, it was very quiet there, only three other guys on the whole beach as far as I could see, two on another peak up the beach and the Aussie bloke whose peace I shattered when I paddled out and said "Ere Bey, whasson?" Got some lovely waves, seemed perfect for my board with SPeed Diallers in, fast and loose, top to bottom turns, Im not gonna claim I was ripping spray off the back of the waves but when you get a peak that is fast and steep and got some poke you can really try to push a bit harder and improve your moves!

The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Philshoz » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:51 am

Nice set of pics Roberdy. How was the board?
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby Chris F » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:18 am

Agent Smith was down beach at 6am btw and said it was shite, so I got up and came straight to office. Plus Haar was in - in mid fucking August!!!!!
Chris F

Postby roberdy » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:25 am

Chris F wrote:Agent Smith was down beach at 6am btw and said it was shite, so I got up and came straight to office. Plus Haar was in - in mid fucking August!!!!!

Am gonna have a look tomorrow morning I reckon, if the haar blows away this evening I will check if Fittie has a wave last thing tonight then plan for a 6am start, LT is @ 7.12 the morn I think and the wife is away from today for a few! What's your pass situation like?
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Chris F » Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:50 am

I used mine this morning :( blew it to early.

Little to no chance tomorrow of getting one. Annoying as it's looking the better day now.
Chris F

Return to General