Midlands Surfers??

Looking for a lift to the beach? Got a car and fancy a help with petrol costs? Just want to bump into a few folk heading in the same direction?

Re: Midlands Surfers??

Postby skasteppa » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:21 pm

Hey Cocobell,
Hope you had a great time- i dont know if you went already:))
Im about to look for a short surf weekend in the UK- Pembrokes sounding good- any beginner surfers out there thinking the same thing- itd be good to travel with someone?
Cheers
Chris
skasteppa

Postby pst » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:35 pm

Chris, I tried to PM you to get something arranged, but it won't let me for some reason.
I'm up for going surfing the coming weekend if you fancy it?
pst

Postby skasteppa » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:15 pm

HIya mate!
Great to hear from you, yeah im defo up for this weekend!Where are you thinking? id need a beginner spot and somewhere to rent a board and suit but apart from that im all good.
Just had a PM from Crispynoel on the forum whos also after a similar spot, maybe we should all go wherever were going together?
Guys heres my phone number- drop me a text if you need to (i cant answer cos i work with naughty kids but text is fine) 07912 846 248
skasteppa

Postby pst » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:33 am

Sounds good, I'm thinking Scarborough or maybe North Devon. I'm up for anywhere really. I'm not far off beginner myself so don't really fancy anything too gnarly. I will text you my number later on and we'll get something sorted.
Paul
pst

Postby skasteppa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:18 am

Nice one,Im good for Saturday if that's ok with you,wouldn't mind checking out Fluid Concept in Scarbs but I'm good for Devon too if you prefer-haha man I'm up for anywhere that'll rent me a board and suit!
Look forward to your text and hope for waves!
Chris
skasteppa

Postby skasteppa » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:25 am

Hey Paul,
just had a message off Vibe Surf Shop in Scarbs,their report is good for the weekend and they can hook me up with suit and board too,Forgot to mention that above!
skasteppa

Postby pst » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:12 am

Alright Chris,

I'm defo up for going if you fancy it. Can't stay over as have a small lad so need to get back really, but am well up for a day trip.
pst

Postby skasteppa » Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:41 pm

Sound Paul,I can get a Train over to Lichfield station pretty early in the morning aslong as I'm back in Lichfield for the 7:36pm train to Stoke?
Fancy dropping me a text and we can sort it out?my numbers 07912846248
cheers
skasteppa

Postby pst » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:07 pm

Cool cool, I've texted you my number.

Anyone else in the staffs area wanna tag along??
pst

Postby L-man » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:07 pm

Based in Stoke on Trent as well, usually surf down in Croyde area but also get some fun down in Kent & Sussex when I'm staying with family, and yes, you can surf in the English Channel (when conditions permit).

Keen to get out to Wales, North Sea or anywhere on trips people are on, can easily travel to Brum/Wolves if needed. Got a 6'8" fish at the moment.
L-man

Postby jhigham212 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:45 pm

I live near ashby, I'm almost 18 and am looking for someone at a similar age to go surfing with?
let me no if your out their through BB!!!

James
jhigham212

Postby ChesiBooth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm from Stratford Upon Avon. I've just moved back from Cardiff and I don't know any Surfers in this area at all. Completely stuck :(
ChesiBooth

Postby Theodi » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:56 am

I'm in the midlands, Telford area, really keen to get in the water. I'm completely new, surfed once years ago have always wanted to continue but can't get anywhere. I'd be happy to share fuel costs!
Theodi

Postby ChesiBooth » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Hey guys,

Just created this new FB Page so all fellow landlocked surfers can discuss car pooling, surf spots, get to know other local surfers, oh and discuss the frustrations at living so freaking far away from the Sea. I'd really appreciate it if you can help me make this page work, because I think it could be a great idea and way of bring us all together! I only created it this afternoon, so you'll have to bear with me and help me out a bit.

http://www.facebook.com/LandlockedSurfers

Chess Xx
ChesiBooth

Postby barrydowd » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:45 pm

Hi

Thought you might be interested in my new website. Its a car share website set up by surfers for surfers.
We put our members in touch with other surfers in their local area to share lifts to surf spots.
Save money, meet like minded people and surf more.

Check it out at http://www.surfermates.com
Surfers Carshare With SurferMates
http://www.surfermates.com
barrydowd

Postby seánnolan » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:11 am

Hi everyone, I'm from Redditch and desperate to get to the beach more often. I haven't a car, but would love to share lifts with someone, it would be nice to meet other midlands surfers!!

Hit me back if anyone wants to organise anything!
seánnolan

Re: Midlands Surfers?? lift sharing in Nottingham?

Postby danielharmon » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 pm

I am a keen young surfer (16) who unfortunatley lives in Nottingham and obviously not old enough to drive to the coast when the waves are on! I am willing to pay for petrol and i only have a small board (5,6) that will be easy to put in a car. Anyone up for lift shares please let me know?, cheers!
danielharmon

Re: Midlands Surfers?? lift sharing in Nottingham?

Postby adamdxn » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:30 pm

danielharmon wrote:I am a keen young surfer (16) who unfortunatley lives in Nottingham and obviously not old enough to drive to the coast when the waves are on! I am willing to pay for petrol and i only have a small board (5,6) that will be easy to put in a car. Anyone up for lift shares please let me know?, cheers!

Hey Daniel, I'm based in Nottm city centre and occasionally pop up north with my younger brother. Would be more than welcome to come with us next time.

Might be a good idea to join the landlocked surfers facebook group as mentioned above and arrange something from there.
adamdxn

Postby Dantastic » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Hiya peeps.

Also based in Nottingham. Try to get to Scarborough at least twice a month and Wales - Rhossilli for 3-4 days every couple of months. We could get a Nottingham based crew up in no time!

Dan
Dantastic

Postby blondieb » Fri May 03, 2013 11:45 am

Hi Everyone, as well as the usual Facebook pages there is a website called www.Surfermates.com that is set up specifically to find surfers near you and help you share lifts.

cheers,

Matt
blondieb

Postby BigBlackDog » Fri May 24, 2013 4:23 pm

I have rediscovered the liftshare section of Magicseaweed. I have had a busy time with babies etc.

My main surf companion is moving to New Zealand at the end of June so I will be looking to car share.

I have a 6' 8" Fish and have just purchased a 9' 2" used longboard.

Did a facebook group ever get organised?

Sam
BigBlackDog

Postby skasteppa » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Just to update on this as it's been a while.
We have a good community on Facebook under STAFFORDSHIRE SURFERS and welcome anyone wanting to learn or get out to spots more often. We operate on a car share policy and area friendly bunch consisting of regular surfers and beginners alike. We give free lessons to any newbies coming and keep an eye on them while they're out (including safety and water etiquette)

We leave early mornings from Burslem in Stoke on Trentham but can pick up from the City Centre (Hanley) or the train station. We also take you to rental shops if you haven't got your own board or suit.
We mainly surf Wales, Scarborough And Devon and go for chips and a pint afterwards.
Anyone interested come and say hi on the Facebook site you're more than welcome.
Cheers
Chris
You tell me how can it work in this all white law
What a short sharp lesson,
What a third world war
skasteppa

Postby WaveR18 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 am

Hello, I'm new to surfing but am completely addicted, just not very good at it! I only have a wetsuit so far so would need to hire a board, but I've had a few lessons.
I live near the centre of Birmingham, wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing lifts down to the coast? I have a car but I don't know if I could fit any boards in it, would depend which board probably. Willing to pay my share of fuel, just looking for people who want to surf as often as possible but are landlocked! I'm free most weekends, hope to hear from someone,
Thanks
Rachel. :)
WaveR18

Postby paulvale » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:34 am

Hey Guys

We set up the Birmingham Surf Club in 2009. Based in the Midlands, we are a group of surfers who travel together to surf to save on costs and get to know like-minded people in our area. Ranging in abilities and beginner friendly, we have equipment to lend and advice to give if you need it. Socials once a month to get to know new members and plan trips, talk surf etc. We hope to see you in the water soon... BSC

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BirminghamSurfCLub/
paulvale

Postby paulvale » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:25 pm

Hey Guys

We set up the Birmingham Surf Club in 2009. Based in the Midlands, we are a group of surfers who travel together to surf to save on costs and get to know like-minded people in our area. Ranging in abilities and beginner friendly, we have equipment to lend and advice to give if you need it. Socials once a month to get to know new members and plan trips, talk surf etc. We hope to see you in the water soon... BSC

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BirminghamSurfCLub/"

Thanks
paulvale

Postby romie » Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi, I'm in Bicester, Oxfordshire. A little bit in the wrong direction from Birmingham I suppose.

I'm totally new to surfing, (never been, am a snowboarding guy), and am just at the beginning of it all, but very interested in getting up to speed quickly.

Reason I'm posting is that I run my car on vegetable oil and so would be a convenient vehicle to take - but I'm not in Birmingham.

A surf club like the BirminghamSurfClub sounds ideal, does anyone know of a similar club local to Bicester, Oxfordshire?

Thanks, romie
Interests: surfing, snowboarding, motorcycling, caving, single track, alternative fuels, electronics, software, mechanics, electrics, plumbing, gas..love 2 try flying with 1 of these squirrel suits..proximity flying, if any1 knows of a way in2 that? :)
romie

Postby romie » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:08 pm

ok, so that last post is kinda out of date now seeing as I'm seeing some of the BSC peeps on Sunday :D - yayy
Interests: surfing, snowboarding, motorcycling, caving, single track, alternative fuels, electronics, software, mechanics, electrics, plumbing, gas..love 2 try flying with 1 of these squirrel suits..proximity flying, if any1 knows of a way in2 that? :)
romie

Postby jesstes91 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:45 pm

Hi

was searching for staffordshire surfers on facebook but cant find it? Im from shropshire (Telford area) had a few lessons before but very beginner, havent been surfing for a while! Used to go in Borth quite a lot as had a caravan there. Wondering if anyones interested in car share/ visit new spots with. Dont currently have roof racks on my car, havent long been thinking about getting back into surfing, but my board is looking very neglected :(
if anyone is interested just let me know. Would really like to get back into surfing and would be good to have some company/ someone to share tips with!

Thanks, Jess.
jesstes91

Postby naips » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:00 am

Guys n Gals those of you in the Notts Liecester area there is the Lincs coast in spitting distance , It might be fickle but when its on its on , friendly line ups, stacks of beaches so if your a surf on your own type you pretty much can. Zero crowds Skeg n Sutton on sea being on the seaweed prediction with pics too with some being from other close spots. Always an option which is overlooked , there are a few from Notts n Liecester that way that come over so possible lift shares. Those that do Scarbs up north we tend to lose a foot or so depending on swell direction n winds as a general rule
up popped a jolly swag man
naips

Postby ant » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Hi,

I live near Birmingham. Looking to share a ride down to Wales or Devon one weekend before Winter. Happy to chip in with fuel. I'm not much good at surfing but would like to improve. Just don't get to go often enough :/ Have my own board etc.

Cheers :)
ant

PreviousNext

Return to Ride Share