ripcurl wetsuits

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

Re: ripcurl wetsuits

Postby Philshoz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:38 am

You get what you pay for bromley.

Dawn patrol suits are entry level standard, which ten years ago would have been cutting edge.

Add a bit to the budget and get an E- bomb if you can.

Good luck.
http://philshorrock.blogspot.fr/
Philshoz

Postby Paul C » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:28 am

I've had two, first a Rip Curl Classic four years ago that had to have a knee replacement after 6 months when it went thin in one spot and started leaking cold water and it is OK if someone is around to help with a difficult zip that keeps jamming and early this year I bought a Dawn Patrol and although it has a better zip, one of the knees is also starting to get thin. Next time I will be trying another make.
Paul C

Postby Stance_On » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:54 pm

I have always rated the Rip Curl middle of the range suits, they seem to have a good balance of features and a good compromise between durability and flexibility that really suits a general purpose summer suit. I purchased a Dawn Patrol suit this year though and have not been as impressed. I'm still toasty in a 3'2'' but the batwing system (inner flap behind the zip) that in older versions had an over-the-head loop has been replaced with a strange looped zip arrangement that (i) seems to flush a bit more, especially when bodysurfing, (ii) seems to cause me more neck rub than previous versions. I think I would avoid this configuration when looking to buy my next suit. I do believe you get what you pay for, but I think on the top end suits a proportion of what you pay for is hype!
Stance_On

Postby flacky » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:51 pm

I've got the 2012 Dawn Patrol, sale for 100. Size L. No good for me, still got tags on it. Chest Zip.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby CGMARSHALL » Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:18 pm

hmmm interesting. I have been looking into the E- bomb for a while now
CGMARSHALL

Return to Wetsuits and gear