SUP: - Nah Skwell 9ft 6 allrounder - East Lothian

Chuck a free advert in here for your old board, van, wetsuit or anything else and reach over 6500 registered surfers.

SUP: - Nah Skwell 9ft 6 allrounder - East Lothian

Postby skimmer2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Same one as on this page: http://www.24-7boardsports.com/nah-skwe ... ddleboard/

The SUP is in good condition - no repairs/dings/dents or anything like that...been well looked after and used only on a beach with no rocks. There are some minor paint scratches on the rails but these are just scratches and nowt to worry about...these boards are made very tough. I made a couple of the paint chips by putting on sticky rail guard and then tried to reposition the tape and it pulled off minor specks of paint. I've successfully put better rail guard on now so they are doubly protected from any more scratches.

I'd say the SUP is a good SUP for someone starting out or for anyone with a bit of surfing experience behind them - it's not an advanced design that will have you struggling for months on end :lol: It is pretty stable and catches waves very easily. It has a winged large swallow tail so turns no problem too. It is really light for a SUP too....10kg.

Board also comes with Surftech Bag which cost me £100....in vgc.

Going by the above link to 24-7 Boardsports....with the discount they are giving just now - total package (SUP & Bag) would set you back about £900 but I will take £550.

Afraid it will be a pick up job - I've no means to package and post this machine. I live in East Lothian....welcome to view before purchase but I've cleaned it up and not risking any damage so not one I am going to loan out before deciding if you want to buy it.

Happy to send a few more pics if you want to PM me with your email address. Ta
skimmer2

Re: SUP: - Nah Skwell 9ft 6 allrounder - East Lothian

Postby ATTMFKH » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Xmas pinch ? Thought you were getting into it mate ......
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby skimmer2 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Xmas pinch ? Thought you were getting into it mate ......

I am - got two :lol: :lol: One in and one out is the deal.
skimmer2

Postby nomar » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 am

Sent you a pm.
nomar

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:18 pm

nomar wrote:Sent you a pm.

Never came through Nomar.......
skimmer2

Postby skimmer2 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Hi folks - SUP going to Nomar :wav:
skimmer2

Postby face2face » Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:19 pm

Hi

Out of interest, what did you replace the Nah Skwell with?
face2face

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm

skimmer2 wrote:Hi folks - SUP going to Nomar :wav:

OOhhh good - another greedy bastard to hoover up the gravy :roll: :lol: :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby face2face » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:06 am

I can only apologise for asking you a question on your forum – oh wait no one was asking you, but just to keep you in the picture. I am not trying to sell anything – even if I was trying to sell something on the for sale page :roll: , didn’t I see your advert for a GS quad, and what about Dixie offering to sort people out with his quality selection. Perhaps it’s your forum – “locals only” or “hey, what’s your postcode” :cry:

Just to let you know constable, I was actually looking for a comparison of a couple of SUPs that have been used on the east coast. I was looking for advice on what to buy, rather than trying to sell – or just maybe I am planning on starting a career building SUPs, I think that if I asked people what they wanted … and so on. Adverts are free anyway, so I have totally missed the logic of the argument that you were trying to make.

I know that asking any question on a surfing forum is likely to be met with the “don’t you know that you - any expletive you like” type answer, especially when SUPs are involved. NothSeaSurf is fondly remembered as forum where abuse was the norm rather than the exception. However, even on there just occasionally some people would help each other out – not often though.

But hey you told me, I suppose I will just walk back up the beach try to re-inflate my tyres and scrape the wax off of my windscreen whilst watching “Mr Local” laughing with his mates as he stumbles to his knees in a pop-up style reminiscent of a dog scratching its fleas :lol: .
face2face

Postby nomar » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:46 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
skimmer2 wrote:Hi folks - SUP going to Nomar :wav:

OOhhh good - another greedy bastard to hoover up the gravy :roll: :lol: :lol:

:-D :-D :-D
nomar

Postby Chris F » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:44 pm

SUP? NAH!
Chris F

Postby skimmer2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:33 pm

Chris F wrote:SUP? NAH!

SUP Yeah!
skimmer2

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:45 pm

Unfortunately I treat SUP's like spongers , if their going, I'm going anyway, f*ck 'em ............. nearly got me a sore one two weeks ago at East Sands though :twisted:
ATTMFKH

Postby skimmer2 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:41 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Unfortunately I treat SUP's like spongers , if their going, I'm going anyway, f*ck 'em ............. nearly got me a sore one two weeks ago at East Sands though :twisted:

I'm a good boy and SUP away from others in general.....but a couple of times I've noticed others see you getting waves and think "must be better where he is" and start to paddle over. On the other hand - it is great to paddle in the middle of a wee bunch of surfers and see them look at you with hate in their eyes :lol: :lol:

One day, when I was on the longboard, I shared a good few waves with a couple of surfers, a SUPer, and two kayakers and a sponger - sun was out so no worries all enjoying life.

BUt if I see you I will of course mow you down or slap yer arse with ma paddle :D
skimmer2

Postby face2face » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:54 pm

Opps I'm a twat that does not read posts properly :oops:

ATTMFKH wrote:nearly got me a sore one two weeks ago at East Sands though

No SUPs in the line-up when I started surfing at east sands, back then four was a crowd and you knew all of their names. Not a SUP, but I do remember a guy having his first go at surfing on a windsurfing board about the time I started – and ironically it is his name that I can’t remember. Happy days.

A SUP would seem to be ideal for east and west to maximise days in / on the water?
Last edited by face2face on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
face2face

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:02 am

face2face wrote:I can only apologise for asking you a question on your forum – oh wait no one was asking you, but just to keep you in the picture. I am not trying to sell anything – even if I was trying to sell something on the for sale page :roll: , didn’t I see your advert for a GS quad, and what about Dixie offering to sort people out with his quality selection. Perhaps it’s your forum – “locals only” or “hey, what’s your postcode” :cry:

Just to let you know constable, I was actually looking for a comparison of a couple of SUPs that have been used on the east coast. I was looking for advice on what to buy, rather than trying to sell – or just maybe I am planning on starting a career building SUPs, I think that if I asked people what they wanted … and so on. Adverts are free anyway, so I have totally missed the logic of the argument that you were trying to make.

I know that asking any question on a surfing forum is likely to be met with the “don’t you know that you - any expletive you like” type answer, especially when SUPs are involved. NothSeaSurf is fondly remembered as forum where abuse was the norm rather than the exception. However, even on there just occasionally some people would help each other out – not often though.

But hey you told me, I suppose I will just walk back up the beach try to re-inflate my tyres and scrape the wax off of my windscreen whilst watching “Mr Local” laughing with his mates as he stumbles to his knees in a pop-up style reminiscent of a dog scratching its fleas :lol: .

Is this directed at me :lol: If so, read the thread again and see how you managed to take a wrong turn when nothing was directed at you.

EDIT : I'll accept apologies by PM if that works for you :-) :-)
ATTMFKH

Postby face2face » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:37 pm

Ha Ha, you are absolutely right :lol: .

I have just re-read it and see that it was not me hoovering up the gravy, but rather SUPers in general - I get it now. Note to self, don't read forums at 2am – go to bed instead :sleepy1: . All of this eternal flatness is obviously making me cranky and a bit dim, it would appear.

No need for a PM ATTMFKH, you have my apologies on the public forum. I really need to read the quote that you are responding to in order to follow the logic of the posts; I missed the point not once but twice, that is some going :clown: .

My faith in humanity, well other surfers at least, is suitably restored :blob6: . Consider me suitably chastised :violent1: .

skimmer2: I would still be interested to know what you replaced the Nah Skwell with and how it compares

Similarly, nomad what is the Nah Skwell like to ride?
face2face

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:35 pm

You did get one thing right though F2F - my pop-up :lol: :lol:
ATTMFKH

Postby skimmer2 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:18 pm

Wasn't a replacement F2F - have had two SUPs for a while, however the one in and one out, rule was enforced....the other one is a 12fter which I use for both surfing and flat water trips round the coast.

The Nah Skwell is really a surf SUP imho - but handles short trips fine. Turns well, catches waves easy and is pretty stable.
skimmer2

Postby nomar » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:06 pm

@ face to face, i'll let you know just as soon as i get it wet.
nomar

Postby face2face » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:20 pm

Cheers, all

Thanks, nomar let me know how it goes.
face2face

Return to For Sale