Stoke surf today!

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Re: Stoke surf today!

Postby zboy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:58 pm

had a sneakey surf at low tide beachie snagged a few and got battered by a few :-D :-)
zboy

Postby briggfoot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Had a few nice waves this afternoon at a sheltered river-mouth spot near me. Mega-lumpy swell, the only other person out (an SUP'er) didn't do much standing up....
Water was as brown as.....tea, after all the rain/storm/insane wind we've experienced - I'm treating this as a familiarisation session for the New Year when I spend a few weeks up in the North East. :lol: Quite a bit of tree debri in the water.

Hope we all get some waves this weekend.
briggfoot

Postby roberdy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:19 pm

slid on a few this arvo, lovely weather, crisp and clean, bit closey but got a couple of good ones :)

could do with another 4ft @ 15secs session on my own again though!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby Steviesee » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:34 pm

roberdy wrote:slid on a few this arvo, lovely weather, crisp and clean, bit closey but got a couple of good ones :)

could do with another 4ft @ 15secs session on my own again though!

Got in too; managed to bunk off work and get in for an hour or so before it got dark. Looking ok for the start of the week too... :-)
Steviesee

Postby Black » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:18 pm

briggfoot wrote:Had a few nice waves this afternoon at a sheltered river-mouth spot near me. Mega-lumpy swell, the only other person out (an SUP'er) didn't do much standing up....
Water was as brown as.....tea, after all the rain/storm/insane wind we've experienced - I'm treating this as a familiarisation session for the New Year when I spend a few weeks up in the North East. :lol: Quite a bit of tree debri in the water.

From what I know of water quality I'd be a little reticent surfing near rivers in stormy whether - brings lots of unpleasantries with it.
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby briggfoot » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:15 pm

Black wrote:
briggfoot wrote:Had a few nice waves this afternoon at a sheltered river-mouth spot near me. Mega-lumpy swell, the only other person out (an SUP'er) didn't do much standing up....

From what I know of water quality I'd be a little reticent surfing near rivers in stormy whether - brings lots of unpleasantries with it.

Yerrp, you are quite right :? This did cross my mind....after I had already been in the water for a while. :-| God-damn..
I'm now playing the waiting game.....bog-rolls at the ready. Despite being skint, it could be a 'messy' weekend afterall. :lol:

And they say the "best" way to learn is from experience?! Doesn't sound like a fun lesson to me.
briggfoot

Postby zboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:55 pm

overhead and glassy, nuf said :-D :-)
zboy

Postby Werwulf1919 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:08 am

A bit wet & wild in scarborough surf city but just about ridable. I wouldmt trust the water quality though after all this rain.
http://mohawkeastcoastsurf.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/edmohawk1919
Werwulf1919

Postby Werwulf1919 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Turned out alright actually-
sbay#25112012.jpg
sbay#25112012.jpg (37.7 KiB) Viewed 747 times
http://mohawkeastcoastsurf.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/#!/edmohawk1919
Werwulf1919

Postby briggfoot » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:59 pm

Had some reeeel nice waves in Kernow yesterday, before the bad weather rolled in.
And had half hour on my friends 6'0 speed-dialler quad fish which was awesome. On the look-out for one now.
briggfoot

Postby dermo909 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:55 pm

Werwulf1919 wrote:Turned out alright actually-
sbay#25112012.jpg

I get a very strange satisfaction from surfing waves like that!
dermo909

Postby flacky » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:03 pm

We got a North Wales not so X Spot but overlooked too often spot yesterday. Absolute bliss. While the crowds no doubt descended on Neigwl, there was just the four of us sharing the cleanest surf I can remember.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby zboy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Good clean surf off the cliff today overhead wedgey wave ,great fun :-) :-D
zboy

Postby zboy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Good clean surf off the cliff today overhead wedgey wave ,great fun :-) :-D
zboy

Postby dermo909 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:25 pm

Average surf this morning in waist high beach break. Sun was out though and I was on my own so that made it a stoke surf :-D
dermo909

Postby ATTMFKH » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:30 pm

dermo909 wrote:Average surf this morning in waist high beach break. Sun was out though and I was on my own so that made it a stoke surf :-D

where did you get in Dermo ?
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby Archy_is_God » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:40 pm

Super fun early session today - heavy, round, uncrowded, stokage! :mrgreen:
Archy_is_God

Postby Ferral » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:52 pm

Absolutely pumping up in wales. I've been missing all the good waves recently and feeling a bit dissilusioned with surfing but this has fired me right up. 2-3ft sheet glass reeling right hand pointbreak with only a few people out. Did more decent turns in a couple of hours today than i've done in the last few months! Time to coffee up and catch up with the work i was supposed to be doing :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Ferral

Postby splinter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 pm

Really fun session early Sat morning, 2hrs and plenty of chest-high waves, clean as.

Then again this morning at first light, head-high and glassy. Only 2 of us in the water, 10 mins after we got out wind started howling onshore.
splinter

Postby dermo909 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:
dermo909 wrote:Average surf this morning in waist high beach break. Sun was out though and I was on my own so that made it a stoke surf :-D

where did you get in Dermo ?

Tramore is my usual spot(South East Ireland). It was ok this morning but the wind was a bit too strong to make it a real good surf :-(
dermo909

Postby zboy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Head high, glassy waves at right hand point, real sucky inside section and blue sunny sky to boot.cold though :-D :-)
zboy

Postby Nemo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Couple of feet, glassy, cold and crisp. First time on new board and it goes like a rocket. Well chuffed
Nemo

Postby Vince Noir » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm

hungover surf at north bay this morning...got two good waves with some turns in straight away..worth getting in even if i was absolutely freezing

new suit is being ordered
Vince Noir

Postby Black » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:33 pm

Wasn't anticipating anything but a mellow surf in small waves at PP today. It was pumping!! Nearly didn't make the stoke section as after an hour I'd only caught one wave worth having but after that things improved for me. There were barrels akimbo, unfortunately I didn't find them!! :-)

Edit: Oh yeah, had a few healthy chiropractic drillings too.
Black

Postby roberdy » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Nice wee solo session at stinky Bay this morning, chest to shoulder, occasional bigger ones coming through and I had the pick of them. It was about 1.5 degrees when I got in the water, wind chill was about -2 though hurrah!!
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby briggfoot » Sun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm

Black wrote:Wasn't anticipating anything but a mellow surf in small waves at PP today. It was pumping!! Nearly didn't make the stoke section as after an hour I'd only caught one wave worth having but after that things improved for me. There were barrels akimbo, unfortunately I didn't find them!! :-)

Edit: Oh yeah, had a few healthy chiropractic drillings too.

A very similar experience to this really. Nearly posted in the "Rubbish surf today" thread. Had a few half-decent waves, lots of waiting around, got dropped-in on a few times (no prizes for guessing where I was,) and was a bit chilly, but some really nice waves too, and on my new board which I love already.
briggfoot

Postby Black » Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:54 pm

briggfoot wrote:Had a few half-decent waves, lots of waiting around, got dropped-in on a few times (no prizes for guessing where I was,) and was a bit chilly, but some really nice waves too, and on my new board which I love already.
I counted 20 people at Perranporth - for the sake of 100 yards walk you could have had a peak to yourself - amazing for the conditions.
Black

Postby briggfoot » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:08 pm

Black wrote:
briggfoot wrote:Had a few half-decent waves, lots of waiting around, got dropped-in on a few times (no prizes for guessing where I was,) and was a bit chilly, but some really nice waves too, and on my new board which I love already.
I counted 20 people at Perranporth - for the sake of 100 yards walk you could have had a peak to yourself - amazing for the conditions.

Aah I know, stoked that you had a sick time ou there though. :o Should have been loads of places that would be good today, without any of the crowds of Fistral, but hey ho, I was sharing lifts so I didn't really have a say in the matter. :?
briggfoot

Postby ATTMFKH » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Dawn patrol on the East Coast with the Janitor , -4 start down our way Roberdy. 2 good sessions, lovely & clean in the sunshine - some head high early doors then backed off to chest / shoulder , magic day.

Troutlips joined us for a few, Talking Pish Tae Fish :lol: :lol: 8) Stoke Mandeville :wink:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby roberdy » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:25 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:Troutlips joined us for a few, Talking Pish Tae Fish :lol: :lol: 8) Stoke Mandeville :wink:

How is the old boy?
The Janitor
roberdy

PreviousNext

Return to General