Low impact housing/permaculture

A place for regulars and new visitors to talk about whatever comes to mind. An opportunity to share your 'non-surf' wisdom with the rest of us.

Low impact housing/permaculture

Postby Matt Rose » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:41 am

If anyones involved or knows of any low impact projects in the SW please give me a shout. Ive been following the Lammas stuff in Pembs but wondered if there was anything going on in the SW.
Matt Rose

Re: Low impact housing/permaculture

Postby Philchapman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:10 pm

Do you know about Keveral farm near Looe?
Also www.stewardwood.org Or you thinking nearer waves?
Philchapman

Postby Black » Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:34 pm

This may be of interest....http://www.woodlandvalley.co.uk/
Never growing old together...
Black

Postby flacky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Incidentally did you see Grand Designs last night? I watch it religiously, the dream is a home build in NZ on a hillside. So much so I have sketches made up for future reference...

Anyway, last night, first time I've actually been jealous to the point of physically feeling it in my stomach. The house looked like you would skip and dance from room to room.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:41 pm

Are you going to NZ Flacky ?
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby flacky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:00 pm

Yes. Was hoping to be there this year, but various circumstances came up. We decided the day before the medicals that we werent ready, so aiming to be in Tauranga in 2013.
Pedro Plankwalker
flacky

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:57 pm

nice one. I bottled it 20 years ago going to Australia ................ regrets 'ish :roll:
ATTMFKH

Postby surfinsmiler » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:30 pm

ATTMFKH wrote:nice one. I bottled it 20 years ago going to Australia ................ regrets 'ish :roll:

Same here but the missus decided she just could'nt do it..Yeah ,I know...totally whipped.
Started out in life with nothing and I've still got most of it left!
surfinsmiler

Postby Matt Rose » Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:18 pm

Thanks for the links Phil and Sean. More like this kind of thing http://www.lammas.org.uk/ although I wouldnt really want to be part of the comunity thing. I use to squat council places and found theres two kinds of people that you come accross, tripped out sort of characters who hate any authority and therefore wouldnt or couldnt make something happen and then rich kids playing at the lifestyle whilst just using it as an excuse to take loads of drugs and dick around.

I think the problem with this sort of thing over here is the price of land and the attitudes and red tape from councils and planning which isnt helped by the above characaters Ive met.
Matt Rose

Postby roberdy » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:37 pm

surfinsmiler wrote:
ATTMFKH wrote:nice one. I bottled it 20 years ago going to Australia ................ regrets 'ish :roll:

Same here but the missus decided she just could'nt do it..Yeah ,I know...totally whipped.

Count down starts in the new year, missus is more up for it than me!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby ATTMFKH » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 pm

do it mate - boardies vs thick rubber, East coast feast or famine, sunshine sunshine vs 6 hrs of daylight in winter ......

reckon if you can get set-up, make some friends out there, get a social interest outwith your work then you really ony need to deal with missing your family ............
ATTMFKH

Postby creature » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:29 pm

the amount of people that think all their problems will be solved by moving to nz/oz seems to be endless.
the grass aint always greener guys. you still gotta work , pay bills etc
i guarantee there'll be things that'll piss you off when/if you move there. when you go somewhere on holiday/back packing/ being a student/ whatever, anywhere looks good
it is possible to live a " better" life closer to whatever is home if you look and try.
not that im saying its not good to travel and experience different things, and for some moving may very well be the right thing but you never seem to see whats right in front of you until youre somewhere else lookin back.
creature

Return to Chat (Non-Surf Related)