what wetsuit needed for morrocco 1st week of jan?

Information, advice or questions on travelling to surf. Or reports and photos from your recent trips.

what wetsuit needed for morrocco 1st week of jan?

Postby cman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:28 pm

Pretty much as explained above....what wetsuit will i need for morrocco first week of january? Ive been told a 3/2 will be all i need however ive only got a 5/4 or 3/2 shortie? Would it be worth getting a full length 3/2? What are everyones thoughts? Thanks in advace.

Cman
cman

Re: what wetsuit needed for morrocco 1st week of jan?

Postby Steviesee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:55 pm

Probably if you can afford it, if not just take your 5/4. I didn't see anyone in a shortie last January...
Steviesee

Postby cman » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:16 pm

Awesome cheers mate will look for one now
cman

Postby Steviesee » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:07 pm

Should be some good deals to be had now too, I got a really good discount last December.

I'm heading out again next weekend, can't wait to get my 3/2 on again. I'll still be there in Jan so will look out for the shiny new wetsuit... :wink:
Steviesee

Postby errantsurf » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:17 pm

A 3/2 full suit is best, if you can get one blind stictched it'll keep you warm on the morning dawnies....
Errant Surf

Surfing Holidays - ATOL Bonded flights - Surf Charter Boats - Surf Schools
(+44) 020 8133 6438 | www.errantsurf.com |
errantsurf

Postby r896neo » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:17 am

Just back yesterday and was there in january this year too. Lots of shorties around but i would go for a full 3/2. Personally i boiled in my 3/2 but i have problems. Many skinnier and smaller people were rocking 5/4/3's and seemed fine.

What a shame though, hell of a difference surfing in a summer suit. Don't fear, the rips on the points when they are breaking well will keep you paddling and keep you warm.
r896neo

Postby tomyj » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:30 pm

a decent 3,2 is plenty, hey stevie, its james here i met you last year at surf marroc, hope your well , i bumped into rhodri down in porthcawl the other week and he is out in morocco at the moment, hope you get some waves , may head out in the new year and catch a few with you , if your wondering who i am , thanks for the iphone charger!!
tomyj

Postby Steviesee » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:55 pm

tomyj wrote:a decent 3,2 is plenty, hey stevie, its james here i met you last year at surf marroc, hope your well , i bumped into rhodri down in porthcawl the other week and he is out in morocco at the moment, hope you get some waves , may head out in the new year and catch a few with you , if your wondering who i am , thanks for the iphone charger!!

Good one, hope all's good with you. Saffer Mark is heading back out too, he gets there just after me. Hopefully see you in New Year then. :-)
Steviesee

Postby baj » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:01 am

I wore a super flexy old 2/2 full suit last Feb and was just about warm enough on the early surfs, when the sun is up its fine.. tried just boardies for the crack but didn't last long - 20mins tops?!

enjoy mate, i'm very jealous! heading back there in November though and can't wait!
baj

Postby surfstarmorocco.com » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Well you get the occasional person wearing board shorts but 3/2 is best, if your sensitive to cold perhaps go for a 4/3 but at the mo I'm wearing a 2/1 so it's all about personal preference.
Happy surfing!

http://www.surfstarmorocco.com
Join us at:
www.surfstarmorocco.com
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/surfmorocco
surfstarmorocco.com

Return to Surf Travel