Aberdeen Harbour want to expand into Nigg Bay

Chat about anything surf related here - latest sessions, incoming swells, surf travel, learn to surf and more. Everyone and anyone welcome. Try to keep it friendly...

Aberdeen Harbour want to expand into Nigg Bay

Postby Chris F » Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:58 am

Not good news! Yes it smells, but it's a locally important wave.

http://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/Article.aspx/3044648

Things are being done with SAS etc, but just to be aware once the petitions etc start.
Chris F

Re: Aberdeen Harbour want to expand into Nigg Bay

Postby Obelix » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:51 am

Interesting.

Careful not to write off harbours though, I can think of more than 1 example of harbour breakwaters creating new (or improving existing) waves. But unfortunately also a fair few examples of them destroying waves. Would like to see the plans in more detail.
Obelix

Postby roberdy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:57 pm

Just to note this is only at the feasibility study stage, the area is a SSSI for geological reasons so it may get knocked on the head early in the process (we can hope!)

If you want to follow what happens, contribute or just show your support, please join our facebook group over here -->

http://www.facebook.com/#!/FriendsOfNiggBay
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby WP101 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:47 pm

roberdy wrote:Just to note this is only at the feasibility study stage, the area is a SSSI for geological reasons so it may get knocked on the head early in the process (we can hope!)

If you want to follow what happens, contribute or just show your support, please join our facebook group over here -->

SSSI doesnt seem to mean a dam thing in Aberdeen when money is involved unfortunately.
WP101

Postby ATTMFKH » Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:11 pm

shit wave anyway :la:
Are We Too Deep ...............
ATTMFKH

Postby manbearpig » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:20 pm

if i know about luxury cruises (which i do) i cant think of a better place to stop for a day than nigg bay and surrounding balnagask estate.
manbearpig

Postby roberdy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:59 pm

WP101 wrote:
roberdy wrote:Just to note this is only at the feasibility study stage, the area is a SSSI for geological reasons so it may get knocked on the head early in the process (we can hope!)

SSSI doesnt seem to mean a dam thing in Aberdeen when money is involved unfortunately.

Lets hope Trump isn't involved somewhere!
-------------------------------------------------------
The Janitor
roberdy

Postby WP101 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:36 am

roberdy wrote:[

Lets hope Trump isn't involved somewhere!

quite :|
WP101

Postby Chris F » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:48 pm

manbearpig wrote:if i know about luxury cruises (which i do) i cant think of a better place to stop for a day than nigg bay and surrounding balnagask estate.

You mean rich old foreign crusties won't be enamoured by the view and smell of the shit treatment station, an old defiled churchyard, a grafittied skate ramp and some crumbling towerblocks?

On the way back to the ship through Torry they can pick up a few souveniers; A week old buttery, a dead seagull, a postcard saying "fae bonny Torry" and some abuse from the local pissheads standing outside the pub having a fag.
Chris F

Postby WP101 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:58 pm

Chris F wrote:
manbearpig wrote:if i know about luxury cruises (which i do) i cant think of a better place to stop for a day than nigg bay and surrounding balnagask estate.

You mean rich old foreign crusties won't be enamoured by the view and smell of the shit treatment station, an old defiled churchyard, a grafittied skate ramp and some crumbling towerblocks?

On the way back to the ship through Torry they can pick up a few souveniers; A week old buttery, a dead seagull, a postcard saying "fae bonny Torry" and some abuse from the local pissheads standing outside the pub having a fag.

:lol: :lol:

bit like Invergordon up here..bloody QE2 stop off too!!
WP101

Return to General