alder (drifter) wetsuit... need quick opinions!

Got a question about this years best new wetsuit? Found an amazing new surf product? Post in here and let people know about it.

alder (drifter) wetsuit... need quick opinions!

Postby gavtheoldskater » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:15 pm

anyone have any experience of alder wetties, particularly the drifter... in terms of build quality, reliability etc?

looking to buy my father in law a winter suit to replace his 'at least' 10 year old elasto, was pretty much set on a dawn patrol but the local shop was out of his size and showed me an alder drifter which looked pretty decent to me, so wondered if anyone had any views as i can't find any online reviews.
a world of waves and a world of ways to ride them!
gavtheoldskater

Re: alder (drifter) wetsuit... need quick opinions!

Postby dermo909 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:01 am

If his old suit is 10yrs old, the drifter will feel almost space age in comparison! The drifter looks like a good value wetsuit to me.
dermo909

Postby Philshoz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:04 am

Wrap up the old 4/3 for him Gav with a squirt of febreeze on it................kerching..........money goes towards your new wettie.
http://pshorrock.wix.com/phil-shorrock---photography
Philshoz

Postby surfrat » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:11 pm

yeah we used em as our hire fleet. very warm, stretchy enough and cheap. most have gone thru the ankles now but thats cos of tourists pulling em off wrong.
oly downside is that their inner lining comes off a bit too easy if it meets the strong/aggressive velcro they use in neck bits

pretty good suits 7/10
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HunterSurf/133748279996238
surfrat

Return to Wetsuits and gear