Longboard Centre fin bolt slipping.

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Longboard Centre fin bolt slipping.

Postby Paul C » Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:18 pm

I recently removed the centre fin from the fin box on my longboard and when I put it back and tightened the bolt as much as I could the fin still slides forward & back in the fin box.
Any Ideas with what I should do to fix it?
Paul C

Re: Longboard Centre fin bolt slipping.

Postby Jory » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:15 pm

Couple of Washers under the screw head on the fin or put cardboard wrapping around the base of the fin before you wedge it down into the box if that makes sense? Wax packet is the classic
Jory

Postby Paul C » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 am

Jory wrote:Couple of Washers under the screw head on the fin or put cardboard wrapping around the base of the fin before you wedge it down into the box if that makes sense? Wax packet is the classic

Thanks Jory, I'll try that. :wink:
Paul C

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:23 am

Paul C wrote:
Jory wrote:Couple of Washers under the screw head on the fin or put cardboard wrapping around the base of the fin before you wedge it down into the box if that makes sense? Wax packet is the classic

Thanks Jory, I'll try that. :wink:

Just thought. Instead of using cardboard that won't last long in the water, cut out a piece of an out of date bank/credit card or similar plastic card to make a spacer under the fin in the slot which will bring the fin up slightly and then the nut should grip under the slot when tightened.
Paul C

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design