What next? Board question

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

Re: What next? Board question

Postby Jory » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:16 am

Yep that's right. Guys that own it are very nice but not Gulfstream. Nor is Luke Hart in my opinion. It's not quite the proper eggs we are talking about, more posh mini-mal.
Jory

Postby Scoobs » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:17 am

Thanks Jory that's kind of what I expected and thought from the photos I saw.
Scoobs

Postby browncurtains » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:00 am

do think you got to add in the

'where do you surf bit' as in which beaches , points , reefs do you want to surf or aspire to surf when its bigger or smaller?
or are you just after a n other board . to mix flavours up and trying something new but basically cover the existing stuff you surf ?

If your after a more manageable longboard for paddling out in bigger conditions i would start with a minimal they are even less cool than eggs ......

If you want to try something new in the same sort of waves you surf ... decide how much effort your happy to put into paddling and how much input into the board you want to have to make it work . fish and eggs both work just whatever one fits your brand :wink:
browncurtains

Postby Scoobs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:47 am

To BC boards main job would be to take out when it's bigger instead of my longboard, North Devon and South Wales are the places I surf, beach breaks mainly. It would be nice if it would work when it's chest high for a minimum, as there are times when I can't get a longboard to the beach but I can something shorter - then we're into compromises again which is how I ended up with a Magic carpet that is longer than I need.
Scoobs

Postby Scoobs » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:52 am

And one more thing, if I sell the Carpet what sort of price should I ask, a quick google says not many people selling at the moment - in fact not many people selling eggs, carpets or minimals at all as far as I can tell. It's in very good nick - 9/10 I'd say. Nice resin tint. In Gulf stream they said £300 off a new board probably so has to be more than that, £400 - £450 maybe? I don't want to rip anyone off, but neither do I want to give it away as I need the money for whatever I go for next, and looking at the lack of second hand options that might be something new from GS or Fluid Juice so I need all the funds I can lay my hands on!
Cheers again Gents
Scoobs

Postby Archy_is_God » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:13 pm

In general, it's tricky to get much more than £350 for used board unless it's a longboard or something very unusual. It seems like there is a 'ceiling' of sorts...

I did sell an immaculate Tyler Warren for £400 a while back, but then it would have been £850 new!

£300 as a trade-in isn't unfair, but you may get £400 if it's an absolute minter. £350 would be highly likely...
Archy_is_God

Postby Scoobs » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:23 pm

Thanks Archy, good news from SWMBO - I don't have to get rid of the carpet so it can stay. Need a couple of days good swell once I've got rid of the lurgy so I can go and test ride a few things. Cheers again folks.
Scoobs

Previous

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design