shortboard shape

Any discussion on shaping, designing, repairing and riding surfcraft of any type or shape. Also a good place to ask the 'what board should I buy?' question.

shortboard shape

Postby dylanlongridge » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:59 pm

Hi

I wanted to know what you guys think about the surfboard I designed (attached). I'm doing this the first time, so feel free to criticize everything you see.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
mumu1.jpg
shortboard
mumu1.jpg (121.84 KiB) Viewed 347 times
dylanlongridge

Re: shortboard shape

Postby Tomdiddlybomb » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:05 am

looks good, simple and functional. if for smaller waves (under head high) it might be useful to add a little width in the nose and tail, and in larger waves maybe lose a tiny bit of width in the centre or move the wide point forward a touch, just to straighten the rail line in the back third and give you a bit more projection. depends what you're after...
it might be useful to know what sort of waves it's going to be ridden in, and who (height/weight/ability) is going to ride it
Tomdiddlybomb

Re: shortboard shape

Postby dylanlongridge » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:16 pm

Thank you for your helpful remarks, Tomdiddlybomb! I'm gonna redraw my design with your suggestions.

For further comments:
I am aiming to ride just about head high and a little over head high waves. I'm 1.73 m tall, 67 kg heavy and I would say my surfing skills are around intermediate level...
dylanlongridge

Return to Surfboards - Shaping and Board Design